Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Rules Are Same As the Old Rules

2008_beatricerules.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1231428760351

What happens when a weekly gossip magazine files a report on clubs and bars that may turn a blind eye to the City smoking ban? A Little Birdy files this report:

i was at the beatrice inn a week or so ago (the friday after christmas actually) and no one, literally NO ONE, was smoking. it'd been a month or two since i had been in, so i scouted out a sufficiently hirsute, skinny-jeans-wearing fellow to ask about it.
he said they'd changed the policy and smoking was now off limits.
i found it hard to believe but his waify lady friend nodded sadly in agreement. any other news on this? did i just hit an off night? one of the joys of that place has always been its 'den of iniquity' atmosphere. would hate to see that go.

Smart move LB, seeking out the fanciest fellow in the skinniest jeans to get an answer, but like the old adage says - "Never trust a fellow in pants an 11 year old couldn't squeeze into". As you can see from the photograph taken in early 2008, smoking has never been allowed at the Beatrice Inn. That's what "No Smoking" means. For the many nights we have spent there, we never witnessed anyone in violation of these rules, and will personally vouch for the owners and managements vigilant enforcement policies.

More...