Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Webster Hall Boycott

2009_Webster_articlebox.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1231800274365Does the recently re-opened Webster Hall have racist door policies? The new Facebook group Boycott Webster Hall claims it does, saying:

me and a group of friends (mostly females) and I go to Webster Hall for a night of drinking and dancing. When we got to the front of the line the bouncer tells us that we're not going to be let in [before getting carded or even spoken to]. We move to the side, and the group of Caucasian people behind us are let in (btw i dont want this to be a race war).
We notice that every group of black and/or Hispanic people are not let into the club.
From what we saw, a Hispanic couple, a group of black men as well as a group of black and Hispanic women were not let in. We caught this on tape and it will be released as soon as it's edited together.

A group of Hispanic males were not let into the club before we went in.

This is ridiculous, I understand that someone may want to keep the place safe so they don't allow a group of 'thugs' in. But this was every minority. Our friend, who was white [who seemed to be gettin closer to being let in] but spoke spanish was not let in. Yet our asian friend, was allowed in. They were right next to eachother.

Webster Hall is Racist.
but worst of all were the Black bouncers explaining why and defending such blatant racism. We also overheard one of the white men at the entrance say "They're too dark..." Several Black & hispanic clubgoers left upset, and completely aware of the racial discrimination being exhibited by this establishment

But is it true?

More...