Clubplanet Nightlife Community

David Jaffee Speaks!

cpnews

2008_davidjaffe.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1234365991383We suggest you stop whatever it is you are doing and dedicate a few moments to step inside the life of the one, the only, David MoFo Jaffee. Pending law school student Brittany Mendenhall sat down with the Jaff to find out what really makes him tick, and we have to say, we are now scared of him.

Some choice nuggets:

• On why clubs hire promoters: " If they could do it themselves why the fuck would they pay us full door or 20% of the bar? Some places are giving 40% of the bar just to bring people out. They can't do it."
  • On getting paid : "I always get paid. Fuck that. Always. I'm a little fucked up in the head and it comes down to lowest hanging fruit. A club is not going to fuck me, well maybe they would, but they're going to fuck a ton of other promoters before the fuck me because I'll put their club on email blast."
  • On work: "I freaking work like 100 hours per week...Last week I was in the office from 7pm on Wednesday until 6pm on Friday. No drugs or anything."
  • On problems: "I don't really have problems anymore because people know I'm a little crazy in the head so they handle me with kid gloves."

It's all gold. All of it. GOLD! [ChiChi 212 Interview with David Jaffee]

David knows how to promote parties. Upfront and honest person. He knows whats wrong with nyc nightlifescene and he can fixed up the nightlifecene of ny cause its horrible. Crobar,Studio,mansion,avalon,club deep,stereo,club bed they all failed in three years or left. Miami and vegas competing which has the number one nightlifescene in the us.NYC scene is worst ive seen in years. Theres hope new nightlife district near LIrr. Its going to take more than a new dictrict nightlifescene.