Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Weekend Hot Spot: Hampton, VA

Looking for the biggest party of the weekend? Perhaps you should turn your attention to Hampton, Virginia, the site of the much anticipated Phish reunion shows. It's been four years since the last one, and the nation's hippie dealers and nitrous outlets will be pouring into the sleepy industrial town, turning the arena's parking lots into the biggest narcotics market since they created Hamsterdam on The Wire. There is a fevered desperation by some Phish freaks to attend the shows, such as this Craigslist poster, who states:

Such is my desire to see Phish blow the roof off of Hampton this weekend that I am willing to part with my treasured Jerry Garcia ashes, or rather a random soil sample from my backyard that I will lead you to believe are the venerable JG's ashes, in an intricate ploy to gain entrance. I will also throw in a reasonable amount of cash to make it happen.

Don't fall for it ticketholders - they are trying to pull a fast one over on you. Anyway, if you have been troubling scoring, head down I-95 till you smell hippie.