Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Progressive House Charts?

kove

Heyla, all.

My boss at the club wants to start doing progressive Thursdays. He'll be dj'ing it, but he'd like me to get the music for it. Only problem is, I don't play progressive, so I don't know progressive.

Is there anywhere that has charts, or is dedicated to progressive house? I know a lot of the huge and played-out tunes, but that's about as far as I can go. Zombie Nation, for instance... smile.gif

Any help that anyone could provide would be HUGELY appreciated.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled trance.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are the music makers,

and we are the dreamers of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

go to www.satellite-records.com

They have charts of the stores biggest movers divided by genre etc. It's a good way to gauge what people are buying and what's hot.

good luck.

IMO though, (and no offence intended) it sounds like a crappy way to do a night, having someone else buy your music. Ick.

what club?

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

Yeah I have too agree with Spooney, did your boss read about it some magazine and think that it might be the next cool thing? And why doesn't buy his own records, thats half the fun. bad form!

Thats a little offensive to those of us who love that style and promote it. Spend some coin and hire someone who knows what its all about, if you need some suggestions email me, parish@clubplanet.com. cwm13.gif

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

Yeah, it -is- a shitty way for him to run the night. Here's the deal, though.

This area is about a year or so behind the cities. So, progressive is just now catching on here. To give you an idea, people are STILL digging on Amber's Sexual. My boss is 32, and still thinks that it's '86. He'd play A-Ha all night if he could.

So, rather than have everyone leave the club, I agreed to do this. No insult intended to you Progressive fans, as I truly enjoy some of it, it's just not been my main genre.

I'm a little biased against Satellite, since they took over a month to ship my last order. I'll use them for the charts, though. Thanks for the info.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are the music makers,

and we are the dreamers of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~