Clubplanet Nightlife Community

gemini 676 ? and cheap dj equip. spots?

abootthemoose

I'm not a Gem fan at all, but I'm sure it'd be fine for a starter.

If you're looking for cheap stuff, check ebay. Since you're just at the stage of thinking that it's fun, you don't wanna go investing thousands on true equipment yet. Also, what kind of music will you be dj'ing? You might not want to get into boards with samplers and such just yet. Keep it simple for the time being. A couple channels, and either kill switches or rotary low/mid/hi controls (better if you can get both) will do you just fine.

If you're stuck on the idea of a Gem board, though, take a look at the Gemini PMX-140. It's a much simpler board, but has kills, punch-ins and rotaries. Even cooler is the fact that it's only gonna run you about 120 bucks.

Don't get stuck in the mindset that you have to buy new, either. As I said, check e-bay or something to that extent. There's NO shame in having used equipment. My first set of Technics 1200's were used, and I still have 'em. They're workhorses tat travel with me all the time.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I eat paste.

logo.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~