Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cd making

alexz

does anyone know the best software to use to split up mp3 files? also when burning cds does anyone know how to make it play without stoping between songs, the way they do with all those bootleg cds (ex. mdma3, nycs house 16) right now whenever i burn a cd when a song ends there is a 1 or 2 second pause before the next starts, basicly i want to make it play as one none stop song

what i want to do is split a 76 min mp3 into 10 parts and then burn them on a cd, but when played it would be one long continious mix without it stoping to pause for a second or two whenever a song ended

thanks

------------------

weed.gif

Alex,

Here's what you need to do:

1) Convert the 76min mp3 file to wav.

If you need help with this let me know, otherwise I'll assume that you know how to do it already.

2)Get Sonic Foundry's - Sound Forge software. I know there's a cracked version out there so try to get your hands on it if you don't have it already.

3)Using Sound Forge, open up the wav file that you just converted and seperate the file into as many as you want.

Now that you have seperated the wav file into 10 seperate files the final step is to burn it on cd.

It's easy to get it to play continuosly without that 1-2 sec gap in between each track. Just set the mode to Disc-at-once when you are burning the cd.

Hope that helps!

If you send me the mp3 file I can probably do everything for you since I have all the software and equipment to do it. When I'm done, I will send you back 10 seperate mp3 files. Then all you need to do is convert the 10 mp3 to 10 wav and burn it to cd using the Disc-at-once feature.

Let me know.

~Alex

I agree, sound forge is the best to go ...

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

thanks a lot, got sonic foundry just need the crack now.

Also which software is the best for burning cds, the one that came with my computer sucks i think because it doesnt have the disk at once feature

------------------

weed.gif

[This message has been edited by alexz (edited 10-25-2000).]

• 2 years later...