Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Event: Space Miami presents Paul van Dyk in Main Room at Club Space, Sat, Nov 28 7:00

clubmaster

Paul van Dyk Space Miami presents Paul van Dyk in Main Room Born December 16th, 1971 in Eisenhuettenstadt, East Germany, Paul grew up in communist East Berlin. Prior to Germany's reunification, he at least had an early window to the capitalist world via the cross-border airwaves. nbsp; quot;We were able to see Westside - TV and listen to western radio stations. We recorded the music and replayed it at our parties, because in the east we didn't have something like a club culture. In those days I listened to the radio show of Monika Dietl. I was really captivated by the music of 'The Smiths' and 'New Order'. It (the music) was very strong and emotional... nbsp; Then in 1989, as the wall finally came down, a broad Club culture sprung up throughout all of Berlin. "Mainly they played that hard Detroit - Techno. I liked this energetic spirit, but something was missing. I (was looking out) for something else."