Clubplanet Nightlife Community

recording cds

lovelylaura

i am about to receive a cd writer for christmas and i am looking forward to makinng my own cd with songs downloaded from the net.

for the past couple of months i have borrowing a writer from my dads work and i am pretty clued up on the basics ,but anything more complicated baffels me.

what i really am looking for is a way to mix the cds ,not as in the whole song ,just the begining and end of songs so they blend rather than pause .i feel this would give the cds a more proffesinal feel.

does anyone know how this can be acheived?

thanks in advance for your help

There's 4 ways to do this that I know of.

1. Get DJ software like Virtual Turn Tables, AtomixMP3 etc. Then use another program like CoolEdit to record your performance. If you're not a DJ then forget that one. Takes time and practice to match beats and stuff. Although AtomixMP3 matches beats for you. Try that one.

2. Use a program like Acid (http://www.sonicfoundry.com). There's a tutorial on how to do this on my site at http://sicktracks.com

It looks hard but it is really easy. It takes time though. At least an hour for a simple mix. You can get really into it though and make the mix perfect.

3. Just cut the dead space at the ends and beginnings of songs off so there are no breaks between tracks when you burn them onto CD. I use Wave Studio that came with my SoundBlaster sound card for that.

4. Burn the songs and actually mix with two cd players and a mixer.

I did all the mixes on my site with Acid. Check them out so you know what I'm talking about. If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help you out thewedge@sicktracks.com

------------------

sicktrackslogo.jpg

SICKTRACKS.COM

laura, i see what you're trying to achieve here, but the art of mixing is much more complicated than it sounds. you can't just overlap the end of a song with the beginning of another one. unless you have you're BPM's totally matched, and mix at exactly the right spot, it will sound terrible.

this is probably the easiest way but if you want your cds to sound good you should cut out all the dead space in the songs first.

Originally posted by kaspah:

Get adaptec easy cd creator 4, and just choose "disc at once" in the advanced options menu when you are ready to burn, it will remove the 2 second gap in between songs. *winks*

------------------

sicktrackslogo.jpg

SICKTRACKS.COM