Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT WAS UP WITH EXIT ON FRIDAY???

It was phat last night. Definetly packed and good set by Draper.

They had alot more NYPD's walking around most of the night though, I noticed alot of them doing ID checks to see if any underage patrons were drinking. They caught a few people and gave out a summons here and there. Friday's aren't usually better than Saturdays at Exit, but last night was one of the few exceptions.

I had a great time.

For the last 4 months EXIT has been just as packed like that(last night)... Last night actually had less than the last 3 weeks...

Draper spun a good set? absolutely not! how can you even say that? there was absolutely NO vibe, and periods of time where people were just satnding there, and I mean PAKCS of people just not dancing...

he played alot of new stuff so my theory as a DJ is that, when you get alot of new tracks, it's hard to play them... becuase your not used to them, so it hard to determine what to play and when, when you get a TON of new shit, its overwelming.

he was off. period.

------------------

"a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again"

Definitely reminded me of summer, crazy packed and extremely hot, the music was ok, draper could definitely do better. He did play a lot of new shit around 4-6 or so, it was a new sound for exit, never heard him play that style before, very fast. If anyone remembers that was the period where they abused that loud train effect. Anyone else thinks the new visual effect screens have to go? I found them pointless and annoying, maybe its just me. Draper does need to get some new tracks, especially vocals. He completely abused Silence (which i think does not go well with exit at all, the whole club just dies when that comes on), 17 again and Sweet Kisses already, Come to me is getting old as well, and did he pick the tetris rmx as his signature track? I think he played it every single time since he started at exit. The Yomanda/Hi-gate shit is getting annoying as well. Basicly on any given night be prepared to hear two or three new tracks at most if you are an exit regular (last night was an exception) And dont wonder around other rooms or you might just miss them. Not bashing exit since I still enjoy my self every time I go but it would be much better if he tried new shit out sometimes.

Originally posted by alexz:

Definitely reminded me of summer, crazy packed and extremely hot, the music was ok, draper could definitely do better. He did play a lot of new shit around 4-6 or so, it was a new sound for exit, never heard him play that style before, very fast. If anyone remembers that was the period where they abused that loud train effect. Anyone else thinks the new visual effect screens have to go? I found them pointless and annoying, maybe its just me. Draper does need to get some new tracks, especially vocals. He completely abused Silence (which i think does not go well with exit at all, the whole club just dies when that comes on), 17 again and Sweet Kisses already, Come to me is getting old as well, and did he pick the tetris rmx as his signature track? I think he played it every single time since he started at exit. The Yomanda/Hi-gate shit is getting annoying as well. Basicly on any given night be prepared to hear two or three new tracks at most if you are an exit regular (last night was an exception) And dont wonder around other rooms or you might just miss them. Not bashing exit since I still enjoy my self every time I go but it would be much better if he tried new shit out sometimes.

Well i like draper and i Definatley DONT wanna hear VOCALS at exit on a friday nite, i mean thats why i love draper for his hard beats after 3am. Wouldnt wanna change the style of his music, I love those hard joints....

cwm4.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com