Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Event: Benga at Mezzanine, Sat, Jan 11 9:00p

clubmaster

with TWRK and Ryury An innovator, a maverick, a true original; Beni ‘Benga’ Adejumo is one of the most fascinating and forward-thinking creators working in music today. His critical credibility and pioneering accomplishments as a DJ, producer, remixer and genre-shifter are irrefutable; from the days of Dubstep’s dawn to its latter-day global invasion, Benga has been at the forefront of the UK’s most progressive and transgressive musical movement. With his second solo album Chapter 2 in the works, Benga is about to be propelled from the club to the charts with an incredible album that features great collaborations including newcomer Marlene Strand. Early reactions to the set-up track, I Will Never Change, have been overwhelming. Despite being only a teaser of what’s to come from the album, this wobblesome slice of meaty bass has received rave reviews. Anointed Zane Lowe’s Hottest Record of the Week (played twice in a row as Zane sensed “the mood of the nationâ€), the song has had 500,000 views on YouTube and 50,000 plays on Soundcloud in just six days. “That track means a lot to me,†nods Benga. “I spent days and days mixing it until I got the punch exactly right. It might send me mental but ultimately it’s about the weight, the fatness and the punch. I spend days finding new and clever ways to get that balance.â€