Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space Review....

V. Barbarino

I know zero has his own, but we need two..

Wow what a shitty night...

Roland was lets say "different".... different bad? different good? I don't know, but i told him, it was not as good as last weeks...

but he mixed it up, and snuck some classics in there that i had no clue about till he told me... So overall, I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it, i'm just "confused" on his set... Little too hard for me for that time.. Lots more electronic with a harder tech edge to it...

As for oscar, wow that was horrible..

Bro, i'm not a dj, i've never laid down a track in my life, nor have a ever step foot in or boughten a record from a recrod store, but I ided 90% of your set...

THERE IS NO REASON IN HELL WHY A NON DJ CAN ID 90% OF ANY WOLD CLASS DJS SET... EVEN ON CLASSICS NIGHT I GET STUMPED...

Talk about panic mode

house music pneoumina

pills vs drums

greeen velvet flash into dark beat ...

appreciate me

and bro what the fuck is wrong with you? that mix of moon blow the speakers was horrible! Why would you play that mix when every jock knows the orginal is the only mix ever to play? even peters mix of that track blows...

the night ended with at the end I think scummy remix..

fitting end to one waste of time of a night...

sound system was pumping tight, lights were better, rolands intro was good, crowd was thuged out, decent amount of ass, big thanks to eddy and colby...

oscar, if you ever want to get back in my top 5, you have a long long long long way too go.

for starters you played every track from last week. Granted last week  went off, but you lost the crowd so early on , you could neve get them back, however i give you props for not going to tribal and blowing the horn...

you should have dropped lenny kravitz to energize the crowd. They were sleeping... Maybe some rivera or something to get them going, but you had a shot at moon blow the speakers, but the mix you played was a snooze fest.. i can't get over the fact you didn't play the original... i must say, i'm disapointed. if you are not feeling the crowd or they aren't feeling you, STOP THE MUSIC AND START OVER! NYC DJING 101...!!!!

Guest LISALOCA

saleen i still havn't met you!!! Anyways, i have to agree just a little with Saleen. Oscar didn't have me going like last weekend. I went to space thinking i was going to get more or better. Alot of drums and low beats. He really didn't take me anywhere. I was going nuts. Maybe Markus needed to be there. Let's not talk about Roland!!!  I'm not saying he sucked but i guess i was so overwhelmed by last weekends sets.  

Bumped into Lisa and Carisa!!! DDG and Zero!!! Once again, we threw it down. I am paralyzed today. It's been a none stop weekend and MONTH! It's time for  break.  8) ;D

Ultra Fest is coming and i'm going to be without legs if i keep going this route.  :D Alittle bit more and i'm going to start to look like my Cool Junkie little pic on the left side.

After wakeing up today, and thinking it over, I have to say, Rolands set was shitty too. Yea I give him props for mixing it up, but he deviated from nyc house too much and it really didn't go over well.

As for oscars set, grest track selection, horrible programming and crowd reading.. I swore at times he was a hip hop dj playing 4 tracks in 10 mins..

The welcome to space was lameeeeeeeeeee

I won't be back at Space until late march when roland does his marathon set...

Sorry guys, you blew it. See you at Mia oscar...

Guest LeVeL

Dam thank god, I didn't go to Space yesterday.....I had a great time @ Priviledge yesterday. And I was contemplating kicking myself for not going to Space, but now I am glad I made the right decision. ;D

Aha I feel bad for you people who wasted your time..yesterday it sucks when you go out expecting a hell of a night but instead end up disappointed. And as I can see Saleen left pretty early too. How did it go for DDG and Carisa did u guys enjoy yourselves.

Guest zero

yes levelistic it was a complete waste of time. i would of had more fun watching tv... i left like around 2:30 that's really bad for me but it was cool seeing carisa, lisa, and ddg! the only thing that could of saved me from having a good time was money to buy more drinks to at least pretend it was good...

Went to Space as a last minute decision Sat night. Wasnt really in the mood to go but a friend had never been there so we (LAP, her BF, DDG and me and 3 others) went. Walked in the club wasnt full at all but I like it that way...more room to dance. The crowd was weird...was it an all ages night?

Wasnt real sure about Roly's set, I thought I might have just not been into the experience but it didnt really seem to have a direction. I wouldnt say it sucked though and I was def groovin on the dancefloor. Great transition into OG. And I am going to have to disagree with Saleen and Zero here. I liked what I heard from OG...left early about 4am but I was enjoying him...and Im not a usual OG fan. BUT I think I have figured out my "deal" with OG. If I catch his set from the beginning I like it but if I try to come in when he is already up there I just cant feel it. Maybe because he doesnt make any eye contact with his audience...you know the people that PAY to come hear him. I am a true believer that the days of the DJ being an unknown face are over...THE DJ IS THE SHOW...you have to have both personality and skills behind the decks.

Anyway, I liked what I heard and next week should be interesting Stephan Luke VS Cue...hmmm...we'll see if I make it out.

Good seeing you again Loca, and Saleen I looked for you but never found you although I did run into your roomie.

Guest JMT

jeez, im glad i didnt make the treck down too.

i agree with you CrzyC, a dj has to "perform" a little too, not just play records. or else whats the point of standing on high in front on the dancefloor???

Guest pod

I got in around 3 or so. Oscar did decent till about 4:30 when he kicked it up a notch and really gave the main room a beating. :)

New visual elements added. The upstairs mezz pretty much has it's own dedicated lighting system seperate from the downstairs, though both work in concert with each other. ;D

Terrace set by Roland was pretty decent, I spent the morning a little tipsy 8)

I cant believe they took out the stage/seating on the mainfloor and put in another bar!!! Maybe this is in prep of the remodeling but it sucks ass!!! Also. the new lights on the front of the DJ booth that scan the dancefloor right in front are WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY too bright!!!!

what no more seats :( that suckssssssss

Guest biznation00

I was workin' & paradin' up & down the place so I wasn't able to pay close attention to the music till it was 4:30am & for a bit of Roland's set just after 1am. I recall Saleen sharing his thoughts on the music as we briefly spoke upstairs for a second. I didn't really have much to say cuz I didn't experience it as he did & I spent alot of the nite workin'...

But one thing's fo sho... we aint NYC.. and won't ever be!

As for Roland's opening, Saleen described it pretty well. A bit techier than you're used to hearing. But that's how Roly works. He doesn't give you the same set every week. If he did, it would probably bore the average space regular week in & week out. He's not afraid to mix it up & give or test you with his newest records. The spot light isn't on him. He's there to warm things & pick you up for a bit around 1:30, b4 bringin' you back down for OG. One thing his set never lacks is direction. Lack of direction is for rookies... The theme of his opening set on saturday was tech house!

Oscar has a harder task to perform.. He's in the spot light every week. (2am - 9am+) He has to take that room to new heights for 7 hours+. Even on an off nite, that guy & the vibe on the space dancefloor are superior to most dancefloors around the country!

There's a few reasons why Space Saturday nights have lasted this long & Roland & Oscar are a BIG reason. Our bad nites are great nites somewhere else... ;)

Guest r3nz0
I was workin' & paradin' up & down the place so I wasn't able to pay close attention to the music till it was 4:30am & for a bit of Roland's set just after 1am.  I recall Saleen sharing his thoughts on the music as we briefly spoke upstairs for a second.  I didn't really have much to say cuz I didn't experience it as he did & I spent alot of the nite workin'...

But one thing's fo sho... we aint NYC.. and won't ever be!

As for Roland's opening, Saleen described it pretty well.  A bit techier than you're used to hearing.  But that's how Roly works.  He doesn't give you the same set every week.  If he did, it would probably bore the average space regular week in & week out.  He's not afraid to mix it up & give or test you with his newest records.  The spot light isn't on him.  He's there to warm things & pick you up for a bit around 1:30, b4 bringin' you back down for OG.  One thing his set never lacks is direction.  Lack of direction is for rookies...  The theme of his opening set on saturday was tech house!  

Oscar has a harder task to perform..  He's in the spot light every week.  (2am - 9am+) He has to take that room to new heights for 7 hours+.  Even on an off nite, that guy & the vibe on the space dancefloor are superior to most dancefloors around the country!

There's a few reasons why Space Saturday nights have lasted this long & Roland & Oscar are a BIG reason.  Our bad nites are great nites somewhere else... ;)

Preach on, brother! ;D

Guest bcnjunkie
I'm an alcoholic, so a new bar is better than some stage.  ;D

And those lights have been there for ages.

dedicated alcoholic !!! :)

Guest ddg

just wanted to add my 2 cents....got there with my partners in crime.(good seeing zero and lisaloco..maybe we'll talk more next time..lol ;)) ...roland was good...i enjoyed what he was playing....og came on and i didnt really enjoy the tunes too much..maybe it was me(tired a little) but it wasnt the best night..but tons of people still had the bomb time...was it me or did it sound like a speaker blew..i am not a tech expert or anything..but it sounded like a speaker hit rock bottom or something..i think og was on..anyways, we left at 4 and proceeded to do other things  ::)