Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Remember that nightmare before x-mas crap?

Guest vanbuurenfan

Guest LeVeL

Thats great that the party was cancelled.we dont need underage parties like that promoting massage spots.and visuals to fuck ith your head. Especially in a venue like that........events like that are the reason why dance music has such a bad rep. So good move on stopping the event. I guess they finally found out that it was the wrong thing to do.

Guest LeVeL

No it way different........lets not go there this issue was argued before and there is a big difference between the two.

Guest lyrik

The difference is that Ultra is shutting down at a reasonable time and this party was going into the early morning as an ALL Ages party....with a full liqour bar. On top of that they made it CLEAR to advertise that massage tables, visuals and oxygen bars would be provided. An indirect way of saying this party would be a great place to do drugs. Also, I think that ultra has an age limit....I think anyone under 16 has to be there with their legal guardian. This place was basically saying that it didn't matter what age you were, that ALL were welcome. When the issue was pressed last month, they did their best to dodge that point. Make a long story short, kids under the age of 18 should not be out at "raves" until 4 or 5 in the morning mixing with adults....and more so, mixing in an environment with adults that is indirectly promoting drug use and serving a full liqour bar. Check out the origianl post, I am sure its just a few pages back in the Miami forum.

The difference is that Ultra is shutting down at a reasonable time and this party was going into the early morning as an ALL Ages party....with a full liqour bar. On top of that they made it CLEAR to advertise that massage tables, visuals and oxygen bars would be provided. An indirect way of saying this party would be a great place to do drugs. Also, I think that ultra has an age limit....I think anyone under 16 has to be there with their legal guardian. This place was basically saying that it didn't matter what age you were, that ALL were welcome. When the issue was pressed last month, they did their best to dodge that point. Make a long story short, kids under the age of 18 should not be out at "raves" until 4 or 5 in the morning mixing with adults....and more so, mixing in an environment with adults that is indirectly promoting drug use and serving a full liqour bar. Check out the origianl post, I am sure its just a few pages back in the Miami forum.

THANK YOU...see thats all i wanted to know...btw...i have seen 16 yrs old at Ultra without parents..but i hear what ur saying...

Guest JMT

GREAT answer!

Guest LeVeL

Its good That Matas.....realized the reason why this party ended up getting cancelled. There is no reason to argue over this issue.....We all should go out and party another weekend away knowing that this party didn't affect out nightlife because parties like that affect us adults......because it always turns out to be a dance music issue.

There is no reason to argue over this issue.....

well i wasnt arguing...but asking...both parties offered the same services (except for the djs and the scale of the party for that 93.1 party)...but i wanted to know why u thought one should be shut down and not the other...but thats the media...in March we will hear bout the 100's of O.D. at Ultra and about the menace that is Xstacy, even though many people are back to doing cocaine...oh well...such is life and such is the club scene... ;)

interesting, I was in Orlando for the last big Ultra but was there for the mini, even spoke to the paramedics outside on my way out, they said "no incidents ". I'm curious, does anyone have the facts of how many really did OD on the last big Ultra and the mini one... remember just facts, please....

Guest ogmiami

I don't think that that's the real question.

I've been in this business for years now and the one thing I know is that drug use and abuse is not limited to Ultra. It's a rare Saturday night at most clubs if you don't have to call an ambulance for some idiot.

I think the real question is one of responsibility. The "Nightmare Before Chistmas" event was clearly an irresponsible, sleazy attempt to exploit children for profit. On the other hand, Ultra has always been a "clean" promotion. Sure, some people do drugs at Ultra but those people would be doing drugs no matter where they were. I've never seen any pro-drug slanted promotion for Ultra. There is plenty of Police presence INSIDE THE VENUE. The zero tolerance policy is clearly stated at the door. It ends at an early hour.

I don't think that that's the real question.  

I've been in this business for years now and the one thing I know is that drug use and abuse is not limited to Ultra.  It's a rare Saturday night at most clubs if you don't have to call an ambulance for some idiot.

I think the real question is one of responsibility.  The "Nightmare Before Chistmas" event was clearly an irresponsible, sleazy attempt to exploit children for profit.  On the other hand, Ultra has always been a "clean" promotion.  Sure, some people do drugs at Ultra but those people would be doing drugs no matter where they were.  I've never seen any pro-drug slanted promotion for Ultra.  There is plenty of Police presence INSIDE THE VENUE.  The zero tolerance policy is clearly stated at the door.  It ends at an early hour.

Bam.