Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I need your help!!!!

Guest sanmartindj

Guest sanmartindj

first of all I want to say that I'm a long time reader of the forum and this is the first time I right.

ok so my question is really dumb but don't blame I'm new in town. I need a place to take a special girl out to dinner in the coral gables or cocunut grove area. the food should be priced at around 20 per person. It has to look nice and and be somewhere we can talk.

it can't be asian food please!!!!

other places that I've seen but do not want to use are rusty pelican, and everything in south beach.

well thanxs for your help and believe me it is very appreciated.

Guest vanbuurenfan
first of all I want to say that I'm a long time reader of the forum and this is the first time I right.

ok so my question is really dumb but don't blame I'm new in town. I need a place to take a special girl out to dinner in the coral gables or cocunut grove area.  the food should be priced at around 20 per person. It has to look nice and and be somewhere we can talk.

it can't be asian food please!!!!

other places that I've seen but do not want to use are rusty pelican, and everything in south beach.

well thanxs for your help and believe me it is very appreciated.

dont wanna burst your bubble bud, but if she is "special" then you might have to fork out a bit more that 20 bucks! nowadays that wont get u in bennigans!if u want 2 eat great food in a nice setting go to PORCAO in brickell. its about 35-40 per and u will have a good time.

Guest pod

Well, suppose 20 bucks per is all he can afford? It's the thought and gesture that counts...if this girl is truly special, she will understand.

Guest nickjunkie
Well, suppose 20 bucks per is all he can afford? It's the thought and gesture that counts...if this girl is truly special, she will understand.

I smell a rant coming from Dan :-X

Guest vanbuurenfan

you misunderstood me! i didnt mean it to degrade the man. i just said that in a restaurant for 20 bux you might not get much. hey if you really want to impress her and the finances are tight, conside getting some food and having like a nice picnic setting in a nice park. sorry if my comments sounded a bit harsh, i didnt mean anything by it! good luck.

Guest pod

Now you're talking, VBF. Some of my most successful dates have involved food I prepared on my own, after a good dose of Iron Chef, Emeril Lagasse, and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. 8)

Guest shannon_coolj.

if you just walk down ponce de leon in the gables, there are tons of places to eat--very upscale and romantic. just start walking--pick a restaurant--that's more adventurous than making reservations. 8)

Guest nickjunkie
if you just walk down ponce de leon in the gables, there are tons of places to eat--very upscale and romantic. just start walking--pick a restaurant--that's more adventurous than making reservations.  8)

As long as you're not indecisive like me... and end up walking around all night ;)

Guest pod

True enough...sometimes I've found the best restaurants at random...there's a great little italian joint in my neighborhood I just found by the same fashion. Real Italian, too, run by real Italians...it's always struck me as funny when you go to an Italian restaurant around here and it's run by a guy named Rodriguez. ;D

Guest sanmartindj

hahahahahahahaha don't worry I'm not insulted, let me explain why I am not willing to spend so much. :)

well this girl is special because we were together for 3 years and   tomorrow we might get back together but she has recently had another romantic involvement and I don't want her to see just how eager I am to get back with her so I thought a low profile medium price dinner would give us a chance to talk but not reveal to much. I had also considered norton's. does anyone have any suggestions (and prices) on this restaurant's plates?? how is the mood in this place .

thanxs again ;D

Denny's is always a cool spot for a good meal and a talk with a lady! Im serious.

Sounds cheesy, I know...but, its worked in the past, hee, hee! In plus, you were with this girl for 3 years, she should know you are cheap already...(JK)

Good luck on your mission bro!

;)

Guest vanbuurenfan

i say grab some spaghetti and meatballs ;D from cassolas on 17th ave and head over to the park right in front of museum of science(alice wainright??) and set up a nice blanket and have ome food in front of the ocean. and after there is a hampton inn right across the street ;) j/k! good luck.

if all else fails take her to see OSCAR G on friday!!