Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any word on the week of aug 27- sept 2

Guest sweety_m

Guest sweety_m

hey...I'm coming with my girls from nyc for a before school week to relax in miami...we gona be there for the ultra...any word on what dj's gona be where druing that week? i know the hot places already...cuz we came to miami in april.....let me know...thnaks i appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Guest pod

29th - Hybrid at Nerve

29th - Guido Fist-Pump party featuring NY DJ Denny Tsettos at Space 34*

30th - Ferry Corsten at Space 34

30th - Peter Rauhofer at Maze (for the boys)

31st - Ultra Beach Festival

*I don't endorse the Guido Fist-Pump, I'm posting it because you guys are from up that way and may be interested.

Guest pod

Don't expect much on a Thursday really. Go out and get drunk somewhere :)

The Wednesday party at Lime Bar promises to be good. 20th launches it with DJ Hardware, 27th has Mikey Gallagher, a week or so later is Gene Carbonell, whom a certain friend of mine with a penchant for interviewing people says is really good, and of course our own Deckjunkie Craig Demo as a resident.

Guest sweety_m

thanks guys.....now any clubs that will be hot...w/o the famous dj's.... like in opium gardens....nikki beach.... tantra....mynt..... or anything lese and which nites... house, vocals, tribal, progressive house...is more of an interrest

thaks...i know im buggen too much hehe ::):o ;D ;D

Guest endymion

Pod, lots of people think that those places are worth the time. Lots of people come down from NYC specifically looking for clubs with a good vibe and pretty scenery where they can be surrounded by beautiful, half-naked, happy people, regardless of headline DJ's. Sweety_m specifically asked about those clubs. This person is bringing girls down from NYC and is specifically looking for suggestions for places like Mynt and Nikki's. Lots of us have a very different impression of places like that than you do.

Sweety_m, you might want to check out Opium Garden on Saturday night. If you're looking for a good vibe and you don't care about a headline DJ then you'll have a blast. If Stephan Luke is spinning then you'll be in good hands with the music, I caught his set on Saturday night and he did a great job, it was an excellent party. He has kind of a progressive thing with a tribal feel to it most of the time when I see him. He's very good at keeping the crowd happy and keeping the party moving. This may be one of your last chances to catch Opium Garden because they will apparently be closing soon and nobody can open after them in that space because of local politics, so if you like it then go now while you stil can. Show up early (like before midnight) show up well-dressed, and show up with lots of women and you can minimize the time that you spend at the velvet rope.

Guest coach

Yeah, I have heard all sorts of jaw about how snooty the SoBe people and clubs are and I have totally not seen it. I have to admit that I haven't made it to all of them yet, but every one I have been to has been filled with fun-loving, friendly people. Well, that Lime Bar party last Friday was a little young, it seemed. Is that an 18+ club?

Aaaaaaanyway, SweetyM, Nikki Beach is usually a good place for Thursday, which I know you were trying to fill, especially if DJ Snezana is there. She really throws it down. Tantra is not really a club. It is mainly a restaurant with a little bit of a lounge. Mynt is also a lounge, not a club. Not that that is a bad thing, just be aware that you won't find tons of people dancing there. I would agree with endymion, as I usually do, that from what it sounds like, you'd like Opium. If this is your first visit, you should also check out Crobar. It's just a tourist must see. For less of a "scene" thing and more of just fun, check out Maze. They have much less attitude, but still get a great crowd, usually. And you will definitely want to check out Space on the mainland. It's a pretty big place that is usually banging hard. And it is open after hours, so it is a good place to go when you get kicked out of the other clubs.

But don't forget about the beach! Dance all night and lay out on the beach all day, that is the life!

Have fun!

Guest endymion

Definitely excellent suggestions, Coach. Crobar is a good night for a tourist even on what the locals would call an 'off night', and Nikki Beach is another one of those special local gems that might be gone soon.

Nikki's would also be possible for them on Sunday night after Ultra, right? Ultra gets out pretty early, but Nikki's would still be on until 5:00? Nice for NYC tourists as an outdoor beach alternative to heading over the causeway to Space after Ultra. Prettier people. Chiller mood. Close to the hotel.

Guest web_norah

i think Mynt, Prive and all those places are so not worth the time........my 2 cents.

If you want to rub elbows with pretty people, i suggest Skybar at the Shore Club or Grass in the Design District, all those other clubs like Mynt or Prive are full of uninteresting people, snobs at best and rude doormen..........

Guest sweety_m

thanks guys u've been agreat help... actually this will be my 3rd time staying at SoBe....hmmm i wonder why i keep coming back ;D hehehe...

anyway yea i remember mynt and tantra not being the greatest places.... i loved crobar though and nikki so i'm hoping my experience is going to be awesome again!!! yea it's actually 4 blondes coming down to SoBe ;) so it's all go0o0od....

is there anyway to get dicounted tix for ultra...i just don't know if it's worth paying $50 for like 2-11pm, i mean some dj's are great...but i don't know if we'll be the whole time and it's going to be packed...what u guys think? :-/ i don't know i fi should get the tix yet or not... and i'm staying at roney palace...i hope it's good too... anyway if any other recommendations let me know...i'm writing everything down!!! thanks ;D ;D ;D

"and i'm staying at roney palace...i hope it's good too..."

...thats a phat hotel...i live down here in miami and my boys from up there(nyc) came down during ultra/wmc 03 week in late march and they stayed at the PH at the roneys...ull like it...wont be as pack as spring break offcourse but ull like the nice pool they have there...its a pretty big hotel...gonna start making reservations later this year for next years spring break at the roneys...(some good memories there!)...was like 99% newyorkers there too lmao

other than that no matter where u go in sobe, ull have fun...usually go to maze/lime bar fri nights, they usually have open bars from 10-12 and ladies r free also b4 1 i believe...

i luv nikkis on sun nights, havent gonne in a while but its a nice place...u can usually go to pearl(right next to it to avoid the lines at nikkis) even though not my type of a club, and they usually give access to nikkis...dont tell anyone i said that lol...jk...

space is a must on sat night/sun morning...u prob already know that by now...all the other clubs r good to check out 2, crobar, prive/opium, nerve, ect...

oh! and i almost forgot...Ferry corsten gonna be at space on the 30th i believe...deff gonna be there to see ferry!(even tho he's trance, awesome dj) one of the one's that didnt make it to wmc this year either :-/

well anyways, im outti hope this helps somewhat...lata

D

Guest sweety_m

thanks guys for all your help..... :) :) ;D maybe ill see some of u there just won't know that its u hehe

[glow=red,2,300] THANKS!!!!! ciaooo [/glow]