Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last night's images

Guest pod

Guest pod

OK :)

In 6 MP JPEG-Fine mode, it's responsive as hell. Image quality is top-notch, I can generate killer prints from these. I shoot, and it's ready to go immediately, no delay for a card write or anything (it has a huge buffer so it helps...) Shooting RAW-TIFF, I'm "down" for about 2 seconds, while it writes the larger file. No big deal :)

Low-light performance is stellar, even at higher ISO ratings (laymans terms, you switch the ISO to shoot w/o flash in the dark)...and the noise is nonexistent up to 800, and minimal at 1600, and acceptable at 3200. The girl on the speaker was shot at 3200. Focusing is spot on, too much fog will fool it though...they were overusing the fog at Maze, and occasionally the lens would hunt when I was shooting. But the lens I have has FTM (full-time manual) capability, so I just grab the focus ring and it automatically goes to manual.

Build quality is fantastic, it's got some weight to it :). The 550 flash integrates perfectly with the system, as all intelligent functions are on.

Handling's gonna take some getting used to, I used the old Pentax for 4 years, so I have to get used to controls being elsewhere. But the layout is smart, so I kinda fell into it.

Battery life is great, on one pack I can shoot for a few nights out. I ran low last night only because I didn't have time to charge up after getting off the plane.

The best part? No overhead. No more paying for film processing :).

Would I recommend this to the average shooter? No. If you're used to point-and-shoot digitals, the 10D will scare you. But if you're really into shooting, and want the best digital images possible, for a good price, go get it :).

Of course my next challenge is getting a DVD burner...I'm gonna need it to archive all the images :)