Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any good lapdancing in Miami??

Guest superstar_funkster

Guest shannon_coolj.

Deep-beats

For some reason, I have a feeling that you're British (a little hint from someone) and that you don't understand the American strip club system.

I understand why you're getting upset. Believe me, my closest (male) friend had an interesting experience with a strip club in London while we were visiting there...and the strip clubs are so much different over there than they are here.

Strip clubs (in the U.S.) are an American institution (like apple pie and baseball). It's not a big deal over here. Americans don't think of it as exploiting women...first, because many of the American strip clubs are classy and second, I know many women that work at these clubs are doing so to put themselves through college or support their children. As for British strip clubs, my friend's experience is that they are a bit sleezy and they rip you off.

Just know that you're talking about 2 completely different cultures. I'm a female, so I understand your feeling of them exploiting women. But these women put themselves in that position...no one is forcing them to strip. If they don't want men drooling over them, while they dance around naked, then they can quit. It's their choice, you know?

If you want to go into the subject of exploitation, it's the stippers that are exploiting themselves.

Anyway, this was just a simple topic about strip clubs...so let's all chill out....

• 2 years later...
Guest saintjohn

It would've been funnier to revive this thread:

The saleen clubland report..........

« on: July 16, 2003, 02:14:43 PM »

1. Hex did move here murk vs Hex vocals??? god i hope so....... Vocals = chicks, and i'll be there..

2. Maze is for sale... I did hear rumors, but now just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many people keep telling me this... So once i get like 5 independent sources, i post it, so keep your panties on...

3. Space is really pissed at the high prices of djs, thus why i see some shitty lineups, yet guys who never play down here... multiple sources on this one again, so dont' be crying i posted it.

4. 3 big potential parties are comming... big as in, inovative... wink wink

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1405

Let's do the Time Warp again!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Heh, heh, I can't imagine how you could say that dancing around with no clothes on is exploitive.  I think that being forced to sit in a little gray box repressing your creativity is exploitive.  Or having to go thousands of feet down into the earth to do extraordinarily hard labor in extremely dangerous conditions for little pay is exploitive.  I mean, that's a job you can actually die at while just doing your job.  Sure, there are strippers who are quite unhappy with life, but that's about their own personal history, not their job.  And, sure, there are bad people who run strip clubs, but there are bad people who run all sorts of businesses.  When you have had a family member lose a limb wildcatting, then you can talk exploitive.  If you want to defend a group that is truly being exploitive, why don't you do something about the way migrant workers are treated?

And if I can remember correctly, it's the women who choose themselves to go work at strip clubs and they're not being forced to.

I'm sure if the guy on this thread who is complaining about women being explioted wouldn't give a shit if they had a fine booty and a nice rack grinding on them....

I can picture this guy now at the nudie bar. "Hey pretty girl with your perfect body..get off me. You're exploiting yourself."..LOL :P

Give it up man....Quit exploiting yourself...!

Guest HAIZE

WELL IF YOUR COMING DOWN FOR WMC IS MOST LIKELY YOU WILL END UP @ GOLDRUSH IS A GREAT SPOT RIGHT ACROSS SPACE AND IS 24 HOURS YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH THAT........ ;)