Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Beastie Boys

ryan2772

So last night I pull "Hello Nasty" out of the very back of my CD case, and remembered every word of every song (isn't that weird how we can do that?).  And I was like "hello nasty, where you been?" Anyone know what's goin on with them?  I know Grand Royal shut their doors a couple of years ago, but what about the talent?  

Guest Diabolique

mmmm. I asked my BF who is quite the fan....he says...nuthin'

BUMMER :( --such great talent too, not just rap, but improvisational jazz, and punk. They are best-all-around entertainers IMO

Guest nickjunkie

We did a show in New York with BBC Radio 1 a couple of weeks ago, and the Beasties were guests. They're almost done with their new album, which apparently is a 'return to hip hop.'

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diabolique
At the Ultra Fest, Junkie XL mixed in "Fight for your Right to Party," and Sander Klienenberg dropped a remix of "Intergalactic." Just to let ya'll know that the Beasties are still definitely gettin love from the dance crowd  ;D

see... the beasties will always live on... :D

Guest trancelator
At the Ultra Fest, Junkie XL mixed in "Fight for your Right to Party," and Sander Klienenberg dropped a remix of "Intergalactic." Just to let ya'll know that the Beasties are still definitely gettin love from the dance crowd  ;D

At Nerve, Seaman played the same mix of "Intergalactic" that Sander dropped at Ultra and Space.

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG!! Here is a topic I can go on for hours about.

The Beasties are by far my favorite artists of all time and have shaped the scene and my influence from the old skool rap to the instrumental beats they are remarkable at. I have seen them 3 times live and will be there front row and center when they tour again. ;D

The are just finishing up production on their long awaited new album. The are perfectionists when it comes to releasing new stuff like to always be ground breaking and pushing the envelope. One reason the new album has taken so long is they use a lot of samples, especially on Paul’s Boutique. Now in this day and age of sampling they have to get permission from ever artists to use the sample, but most the time you can’t even tell what it is after the Besties work there magic with it and turn it inside out put their signature style to it. They said on a full album they use around 250-300 samples.

The new album is set to come out in June. :o

Also for anyone that is over the pond. The BB are supposed to be headlining the Reading festival this summer. Friday 27th - Sunday 29th August 2004

Check www.readingfestival.com for more info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diabolique

OMFG!! Here is a topic I can go on for hours about.

The Beasties are by far my favorite artists of all time and have shaped the scene and my influence from the old skool rap to the instrumental beats they are remarkable at.  I have seen them 3 times live and will be there front row and center when they tour again. ;D

The are just finishing up production on their long awaited new album.  The are perfectionists when it comes to releasing new stuff like to always be ground breaking and pushing the envelope.  One reason the new album has taken so long is they use a lot of samples, especially on Paul’s Boutique.  Now in this day and age of sampling they have to get permission from ever artists to use the sample, but most the time you can’t even tell what it is after the Besties work there magic with it and turn it inside out put their signature style to it. They said on a full album they use around 250-300 samples.

The new album is set to come out in June. :o

Also for anyone that is over the pond.   The BB are supposed to be headlining the Reading festival this summer. Friday 27th - Sunday 29th August 2004

Check www.readingfestival.com for more info.

OMG fantastic!! guess my household beastie fan wasn't doing his homewerk I've always wanted to see them...