Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats the Greatest Album Ever Made?

Guest demo909

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

Oakenfold - Tranceport (thats just me, personally)

Why is everyone scared to like Paul Oakenfold now in days, I mean Tranceport is probably the greatest DJ mix album to ever come out, it had the best song ever to come out in it. And that is Cafe Del Mar. So come on people we all like different people thats why we are all not the same.

Guest JMT

Why is everyone scared to like Paul Oakenfold now in days, I mean Tranceport is probably the greatest DJ mix album to ever come out, it had the best song ever to come out in it. And that is Cafe Del Mar. So come on people we all like different people thats why we are all not the same.

so true, Tranceport has stood the test of time. and it did wonders for dance music.

Oakey's music changed tho, havent heard him for the past year or so, but supposedly hes back on top of his game.

Guest endymion

I have been an Oakie fan for a long time and even I have to admit that he really sucked there for a while.

Guest LeVeL

Yup you missed him on that Perfecto Night @ Space he basically wrecked the fucking place a new hole. But he'll be back, somehow I can sense it.

Guest JMT
I have been an Oakie fan for a long time and even I have to admit that he really sucked there for a while.

i tried to stay faithful as well, but i am only a weak mortal.  

Level, i wish i would have gone.

listening to some people here talk about rock is like nails on a chalkboard!   >:(

BEST ALBUMS:

Pink FLoyd - Dark Side of the Moon

(it was on the billboard charts for 2 decades!)

Led Zepplin - IV  (best album from the greatest band ever)

Beatles - White Album (i hear it from people all the time)

Oakenfold - Tranceport (thats just me, personally)

I mirror your sentiments exactly...

It's nice to see everyone has such good tastes in non-electronic music also! Wow. Pretty Hate Machine brings back such high school memories for me - "That's what I get" used to be one of my favorite songs.

Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Beatles - all amazing calls.

Here's a few of my own. Not sure I'd say "of all time" with them, but they're up there:

U2 - Unforgettable Fire

The Doors Best of Album (maybe my favorite best of album)

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

Grateful Dead - Without a Net

System of a Down - Toxicity

Nirvana is the whole reason why Rock is like this now in days. If Nirvana wouldn't not saved rock music from those hair spray bands like Bon Jovi, Poison, Skid Row...then rock scene would of been ruined forever.

So people who love Rock have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to Nirvana. they were like a breeze of fresh air when they entered the rock scene.

So yeah Led Zepellin is legenderay just like Nirvana will always be. And to tell you the truth their are many that consider Nirvana the most influencial band next to the Beatles.

Say what you will. I saw Bon Jovi at Giant's stadium 3 years ago and he rocked the place. So much big hair, fist-pumping and tight jeans going on...but it was awesome!!!

Guest lyrik
I'm picking four. In no particular order.

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Daftpunk - Homework

OMD - Locomotion

The cure - Staring at the Sea

You have 2 of mine.....NIN and Homework...definitely with ya.

There are too many to name from every era and genre for me.

Guest endymion

Are there any hip hop albums that any of you guys consider to be legendary? Joey mentioned Low-End Theory from A Tribe Called Quest. I hadn't been exposed until recently but at this point I completely agree. I'm interested in others. I'm talking about entire albums that are well-produced and that are just so good that they transcend genres.

I gave The Black Album a spin after all of this press about Dangermouse and the Grey Album but I can't say that I liked it much. Just a personal thing, not saying it sucked.

Guest Rich

De La Soul "3 Feet High and Rising"

Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here"

Depeche Mode "Songs of Faith and Devotion"

Soundgarden "Badmotorfinger"

Bob Marley "Greatest Hits"

Audioslave "Audioslave"

Beastie Boys "Check Your Head"

Sade "The Best of Sade"

Prodigy "Fat of the Land"

Crystal Method "Vegas"

not in that order....

Guest timoconnell

Are there any hip hop albums that any of you guys consider to be legendary?  Joey mentioned Low-End Theory from A Tribe Called Quest.  I hadn't been exposed until recently but at this point I completely agree.  I'm interested in others.  I'm talking about entire albums that are well-produced and that are just so good that they transcend genres.

I gave The Black Album a spin after all of this press about Dangermouse and the Grey Album but I can't say that I liked it much.  Just a personal thing, not saying it sucked.

Hey guys...here are two of my personal favorite albums...Beastie Boys 'License to Ill' and Run DMC 'Raising Hell'. First two tapes I owned. They were monumental in spawning new breeds of music and inspiring new breeds of musicians.

Pink Floyd -wish you were here. Only 5 songs, but damn good ones, IMO

great minds think alike...like Techjunk i would say:

Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

Pink Floyd- The Wall

Smashing Pumpkins- Adore

Jane's Addiction- Kettle Whistle

greatest hits cds:

Pink Floyd- Echoes (Greatest Hits)

Eric Clapton- Greatest Hits

Marvin Gaye- Greatest Hits

Bob Marley- Greatest Hits

The Doors- Greatest Hits

thats just to name a few....

Guest LeVeL

Sade......is great in the late night when you have someone to cuddle with and do other sorts of things if you knwo what I mean ;)

Guest fairyDust

Sade......is great in the late night when you have someone to cuddle with and do other sorts of things if you knwo what I mean ;)

True...also when you want to relax and clear your mind ;)

Guest fairyDust

How about New Kids on the Block that hanging tuff song was bad ass .lmao......LOL...jk... ;D 8) :o

LOL...hey we laugh now but when I was like 11...that was the jam...I went to their concert and evrything.... ;D

Guest JMT

this thread is called GREATEST OF ALL TIME, not whats everyones favorite. seriously, some of these are a joke. good, but not all time great.

Guest LeVeL

My alltime greatest album for me has to be.............

2 Pac- All Eyez On Me

This is hip hop but it truly influenced me when I was younger, it got tracks for every type of mood you can imaginely be.Hip Hop cd's dont come out like this anymore thats the reason why my taste in music has changed over the years. Also its a double CD so you get your moneys worth. I know there are other people in this board who were influenced by this mans music. So dont deny it.