Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats the Greatest Album Ever Made?

Guest demo909

Guest bcnjunkie

How about New Kids on the Block that hanging tuff song was bad ass .lmao......LOL...jk... ;D 8) :o

and the video even better ;D ;D j/k

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

i have some all time favorites....

back to basics DT

Athens GU DT

and London GU DT

hip hop, i'd say it is Run DMC, LL Cool J and the Beastie Boys ..then there is Missy Elliott and some of the early MaryJ Blige, albeit she is more R&B than hip hop

Guest digital7

there are plenty "debatable" albums that could be considered "the greatest ever" made.. for me.. there really couldnt be just ONE album.. it's a series of different albums from different artists that marked different periods and expanded to different sounds. each collaborating to the history of music and each considered great in it's own right...

here are some of my selections.....

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon & Animals (my all-time favorite band)

The Clash - Combat Rock & London Calling.

Led Zeppelin - IV & Houses of the Holy

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours & Then Play On

The Beatles - Abby Road & Sgt Pepper's

The Rolling Stones - Begger's Banquet & Exile On Main Street

U2 - The Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Catch A Fire & Kaya

Ramones - Rocket To Russia & Ramones

Nirvana - Nevermind & MTV Unplugged

The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me & Disintegration

New Order - Substance & Power, Corruption & Lies

The Doors - L.A. Woman & The Doors

The Who - Tommy & Quadrophena

The Eagles - Hotel California & Desperado

REM - Out Of Time & Eponymous

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Green River & Bayou Country

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust & Young Americans

Guest Cosmigonon

this thread is called GREATEST OF ALL TIME, not whats everyones favorite. seriously, some of these are a joke. good, but not all time great.

OK: The one I truly consider to be THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER MADE is

"Close To The Edge" by YES

from 1972. Probably the greatest progressive rock album ever made, eons before bands like Kansas or Rush ever existed. The best music ever made by the best musicians!!! 8) 8) 8)

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, I'm not saying that. I love Rush, is one of my all-time favorite bands, but most of their albums are 9/10. CTTE is IMHO 12/10, it's just beyond musical perfection.

8) 8) ;)

Guest Diabolique

Pink Floyd -wish you were here. Only 5 songs, but damn good ones, IMO

great minds think alike...like Techjunk i would say:

Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

Pink Floyd- The Wall

Smashing Pumpkins- Adore

Jane's Addiction- Kettle Whistle

greatest hits cds:

Pink Floyd- Echoes (Greatest Hits)

Eric Clapton- Greatest Hits

Marvin Gaye- Greatest Hits

Bob Marley- Greatest Hits

The Doors- Greatest Hits

thats just to name a few....

I didn't even notice I was in this quote..thx guys. a compliment to my taste is always music to my ears :) I came here again to commend Kettle Whistle. Jane's was, for a brief moment, one of the greatest bands of all time. I love the Doors also, American Prayer being my favorite...

Guest JMT

greatest hits albums probably shouldnt be allowed here. they arent really a designed, premeditated album, per se. its kinda cheap since the songs where all released at different times and were already deemed "great" in advance. they actually arent really "albums," imo. but there are some phenominal greatest hits compilations that would be my favorite cds of all time.... :-\

Guest mmmbuddy

There has been alot of comments on this page....this band couldn't compare to this band....this genre is better than this genre.....

The question was "What was the best album of all time???" Well, what constitutes a great album?

You can argue albums that have a better track by track selection, but for my money, from start to finish, I would have to vote for:

Pink Floyd "The Wall"

The collaberation of that cd is amazing. It brings the amazing songs together with filler songs that really makes the album one continuous rythym for a good hour and a half....if you think about it....the characteristics of that album is what makes a DJ great in the electronic music world. Great songs put together to give some type of vibe or to tell some type of story while the listener engages themselves into the music....

I would have to say that I was quite surprised to see the good tastes of other peoples music.

And to add onto the surprising lists that other people have given here is my favorite list. These are my favorites, which influenced me the most....I don't get how someone that is in their 20's/30's could say that any Beatles album is their favorite album, they weren't there to experience the band live or during their heyday, so how could this music first heard on a CD move you the way that something you had seen live move you?? Just my take....

Tool - Undertow - You can argue the bass and drums on this album are as good as any.....not to mention Maynards wicked voice.....my favorite band

NIN - Pretty Hate Machine - initiated my love for industrial music

Rage against the Machine - Rage against the Machine - fecking awesome describes it best....

Janes Addiction - Ritual De Lo Habitual - Perry is crazy....

STP - Core - great album....from start to finish....then Wieland went a little crazy.....

Pearl Jam - Ten - Seeing Pearl Jam play "Rockin in the Free World with Neil Young", one of the best concerts I have ever seen

Flogging Molly - Swagger - If you don't know who this is, you should

Nirvana - Nevermind - obvious for the time frame....

Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Chili Peppers - Blood Suger Sex Magik

Guest JMT
And to add onto the surprising lists that other people have given here is my favorite list. These are my favorites, which influenced me the most....I don't get how someone that is in their 20's/30's could say that any Beatles album is their favorite album, they weren't there to experience the band live or during their heyday, so how could this music first heard on a CD move you the way that something you had seen live move you?? Just my take....

i dont think the 2 have anything to do with each other. you can easily appreciate an older album without having seen the band live, in-person.