Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AboveGRound this week, on MMR and ER.

Guest BrianOwen

Guest BrianOwen

*This week’s show airs at 2pm on Tuesday on www.metromixradio.com and 11pm on Saturday on www.energyradio.fm

From Brian-->

This week on aboveground: This week I have a special 2 hour set for you that starts off with melodic breaks and deep house, and moves forward for two hours before reaching its hi-energy conclusion. Make sure you don’t miss it! As usual it will air at 2pm on Tuesday. Instead of airing in its usual 9pm Miami slot, the show has moved to an 11pm broadcast slot on www.energyradio.fm, which has merged with EIR.

Homegrown is pleased to announce the rebroadcast of past sets, thanks in part to energy radio. Homegrown sets air every Sunday at 11pm on www.energyradio.fm, tune in this week.

As always the HGNYC crew is looking for demos, from bedroom and upcoming DJ’s alike. Swing by Sin Sin – 2nd ave and 5th st on any Tuesday night to drop a demo off for your shot at playing out in NYC!! In addition I will be booking my AboveGround spring lineup soon! DJ’s/producers contact me for info!

Cheers,

Brian

<--

AboveGround on metromix radio – 2pm Tuesdays (show re airs on Saturday nights at 11am on ER)

Plus 1

Sharon K

Nathan Leonard

Mark Divine

Rob Murray + DJ Q (2 hour set)

Subject to change (usually not though).

“Brian has a diverse and unique sound which makes him stand out and demonstrates why he is deserving of his recent success“

~Jason Jollins (United Underground, touchedbyadj.com, Acute Records)

“Brian’s evolving sound is addictive and catchy, I can’t stop listening, it makes me want to dance . . .â€

~Kurtis Patrick (Proton Radio, Deck Junkie)

“Brian’s is definitely an up and coming superstar not only in the NYC scene but I believe worldwide. He has a sound that will cultivate you and pull you in!!â€

~Ty Kennedy (Senior VP of Programming – Energy Internet Radio, Miami, Florida U.S.A)= FI

Now in his 9th year of impressing listeners and audiences Brian continues to excel in his programming and mixing abilities. Rising from humble beginnings in Chicago and New Jersey, he was trained from a young age in classical and jazz music. Once introduced to turntables, they immediately became his instruments of choice. He was first exposed to the NYC scene during the club era of Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, and Vinyl. After the shutdown of some of these venues, the New York vibe leaned towards more intimate settings such as NOCA (formerly Recess), GrooveJet, Leopard Lounge, Sin Sin, and Remote Lounge - all of which Brian was a part of. Now with NYC swaying back towards a clubbing era, Brian stands poised to let larger crowds hear his sets and expand on his already solid reputation as a consistent performer.

Brian’s internet radioshow AboveGround (which airs Tuesday afternoons at 2pm on www.metromixradio.com ). He has succeeded bringing in talent from all over, including international guest Stuart McKeown; NYC and Miami Mainstay DJ’s Hisham Samawi, DJ Divine, and Kurtis Patrick are just some of the talent to have graced the show since its inception over a year ago. The talent keeps rolling in and the show is booked month in advance now. In addition to the usual 2pm slot on Tuesdays AboveGround now broadcasts on www.energyradio.fm out of Miami, Florida - every Saturday at 11am, as the recognition of AboveGround expands to other cities. Averaging over 1400 listeners each week, you can definitely call the show a total success up until this point.

His time thus far with HomeGrownNYC has been a complete learning experience. As he progresses further into the management aspects of promoting and throwing parties, as well as spinning on a resident basis - Brian gains the knowledge and experience necessary to make it in the NYC electronic dance music scene.

www.brian-owen.com

www.metromixradio.com

www.homegrownNYC.com

www.energyinternetradio.com/

www.jasonjollins.com/

www.protonradio.com/shows/patrick.html

www.deckjunkie.com/dj_kurtis.html

www.acuterecordings.com/