Clubplanet Nightlife Community

www.di.fm

ryan2772

Everybody check it out, great online radio, something for everyone.

It has several channels, mostly different types of trance, but also has a couple of house channels as well.

Subscription is not required, but an enhanced version of the service is available to subscribers.

www.di.fm

Digitally Imported

DI is cool stuff, the "Modern Jazz" channel there is the soundtrack for my workdays.  What's your favorite channel?

My favorite station is still Boombastic Radio, http://www.boombasticradio.com.  Radio with personality.

Trance channel usually, also the DJ Mixes channel. They have fresh sets daily, usually @ 2pm eastern. Big names, up-and-coming names, it's all here.

Guest endymion

Cool, thanks! I'll check out today's at 2 if there is anything.

I'm going to be doing a CooJunkie database of reviewed net radio stations shortly after WMC. There are lots of stations out there but only a handful that are really worth the trouble. If you have any other suggestions or if you would like to contribute reviews then drop me a line or post here. I'll start a thread soliciting input at some point soon. The reviews should be short, I want it to take less time to read the review on a given station than it takes to start up a stream and listen. Pretty much like how we have described DI and Boombastic in this thread.

I'm also going to be doing a round-up of online music stores soon. Not just iTunes and Coke and the like but also smaller niche outfits that cater to DJ's and 'our music', like Beatport and Trax2Burn. That listing will come along later because I'm working on a DJ-niche online store that hasn't launched yet and I want to include my own site in my round-up. If anybody runs across any cool new online music stores then please pass pointers my way and I'll add them to the listings.

di used to be fun ... but not anymore when they began adding and adding channels just for the fun of it .....

more exactly, the ugly salsa channel .... yuck  :-X

yeah, i don't know why the hell they have that, but the positives outweigh the negatives.

I usually like stations with more personality.  Generally that's smaller stations focused on some niche.  Here are a few:

JazzMusique (chillout)

Boombastic Radio (afro/latino chillout)

BassDrive (drum & bass)

Proton Radio (house)

The only fun multi-channel one that I know of is AccuRadio.  It has some amusing channel concepts.

Likin BassDrive.... :D

Guest endymion

Kickass. I have been on Fabio & Grooverider at Radio One for a while today. Totally compatible with BassDrive. It still cracks me up that the BBC files that under "hip hop".

Check out Seb Fontaine's show this week. Brit house, but man, cool stuff.

We need to build this database of net radio reviews. Break it down by 24/7 streaming live stations (BassDrive), archived shows (Seb Fontaine), and syndicated shows. And I think that CoolJunkie needs a syndicated show. I'll start with the database though. Opinions welcome.