Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody goin 2 watch passion

Guest klit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait to see the arguments on the board about this flick!

what really cracks me up is that this movie is based on the ramblings of a crazy nun from the 19th century who claimed to have visions of the last hours of jesus' life. and then, these ramblings are filtered through mel gibson, which, from what i've gathered from his recent interviews, is slightly crazy himself.

the movie (and its reactions) should be interesting.

Guest klit

I agree it is a must watch for all catholics. Too many of us who claim to be religious, including myself, tend to take the sacrfices jesus made 2 lightly and just think we can do as we want and on sunday if we attend church we forgiven.

It's incredible that so many non religious people want to see the movie though. The whole hype has gotten tons of people into it especially with a part of the jewish community over reacting to the movie. I understand why they would get upset over the way they are shown, but these events did happen and need to be told. Just like any movie about the holocaust, I'm sure some germans may get upset about the way they are portrayed but they did commit those crimes against the jewish people and the story needed to be told and thats why you have many movies about that.

I bought tickets a while ago to check it out tonight online so may not be 2 late to get tickets saleen.

can't wait to see the arguments on the board about this flick!

what really cracks me up is that this movie is based on the ramblings of a crazy nun from the 19th century who claimed to have visions of the last hours of jesus' life.  and then, these ramblings are filtered through mel gibson, which, from what i've gathered from his recent interviews, is slightly crazy himself.  

the movie (and its reactions) should be interesting.

are you smoking crack? go read the bible..

Guest guyman1966

are you smoking crack? go read the bible..

are you high? That is what the passion is based on - the ramblings of a fucked up nun. Also - YOUR bible was written by who? Don't you think that this story is slanted one way?

Everyone knows it was the Romans who killed Jesus. The Romans killed anyone who was a leader and opposed their rule. 250,000 Jews died on the cross and the blood is on the hands of the Roman Empire. Now - who are the modern day descendents of the Romans??? THE FUCKEN GUIDO ITALIANS!!!! And -where does the Pope live???? ITALY.... Mel should have made a move about the blood thirsty Guido’s!

!

Guest guyman1966

written by Jews who were followers of Rabbi Jesus. So - don't you think they were pissed at the other jews who did not follow him? Maybe had an ax to grind....

Guest guyman1966

his blood is on all jews hands and their mercedes and vacation homes...

The only blood on my hands will be yours you asshole guido. I'm serious. If I see you out - fucken hide.

Guest endymion

Gee that was predictable. Saleen, to recap, there was an intelligent conversation going on here until "are you smoking crack?"

Could you please knock it off? You're a problem for me on a daily basis and I'm getting real sick of it.

Guest JMT

i saw it last night.

very brutal, worse than braveheart.  im not sure if it can be called a great "movie,"  but it is a powerful, modern cimematic depiction of the last days of Jesus and how the events could have gone down.  straight from the gospels.  well made.

Guest JMT

it is not anti-semetic and the message of the movie isnt that at all. the romans come off looking like barbarians. there are actually jewish chararcters in the movie that are heroic and dont want to kill jesus, but the fanatical few fuel the crowd.

Guest guyman1966
actually the roman ruling the area was Pilate, he only did what the head Jews wanted him to do, execute Jesus for blasphemy.

That is one side of the story. Their is another side.

Gee that was predictable.  Saleen, to recap, there was an intelligent conversation going on here until "are you smoking crack?"

Could you please knock it off?  You're a problem for me on a daily basis and I'm getting real sick of it.

relax tough guy.. me and guyman are good friends... it's a joke...

Guest JMT

i have.  twice.  my point is that this specific movie, the depictions of what happened comes from the crazy lady i mentioned before.

i saw the movie and the interview with dianne sawyer and the "crazy nun" as you call her, was talked about. in the movie it goes down exactly like i was taught for years in sunday school. Mel just fills it in with graphic details.

Guest guyman1966

relax tough guy.. me and guyman are good friends... it's a joke...

Forgetabout-that! You've called me a Dirty Jew one to many times.