Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Illegal to possess or transport ephedra?

Guest endymion

Guest endymion

Serious question I could use help with: Does anybody know for certain that it's illegal to possess or transport ephedra now?

I'm asking because Evan wants some, I have some, and I'm headed to NYC tomorrow morning. I'm not interested in getting arrested but I'm happy to bring the stuff if it's legal for me to do that.

I went to the FDA and from what I can tell the rule is that it will be illegal to sell the stuff in early April but the rule hasn't even taken effect yet. The FDA "advises" consumers to stop using the stuff but from what I can tell it's legal to possess, legal to transport, and legal to use. If somebody can tell me that I'm wrong about that then I'm not bringing it, otherwise I don't see a problem throwing it in my bag.

Anybody?

Actually Ephedra has been banned (illegal to sell) in Texas, New York, California and I believe Boston for the past year. The April 12th dead line will be for the entire country.

You can still have it with you as long as you keep it to yourself. But if you get caught with it, then that's another story. If I where you I will mail it to him. Plenty of companies still do this!

A cousin of mine lives in Long Island, NY and he told me that people are paying up to $80 :o or more for a bottle of ephedra containing supplements.

moot cuz it's here :D

Did you have to bail out Ryan? :P

Be careful with that stuff EV, I dont want you exploding on me...well, on second thought... :-*

:D You are indeed Crazy...that was so clever, I havent laughed out loud like that from a post b4. I love cleverness....