Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Battle of the afterhours venues

240turbo

Will Nocturnal be a problem for Space?  

1. 1. Will Nocturnal be a problem for Space?

Guest bcnjunkie

I'm really looking forward to this Venue, I've hard may good things through the grapevine. I can't wait !

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sobe2004

I think for downtown to work, we need a 3rd player to really enter a pure compettive market.

There will be before the end of the year . . . downtown Miami . . . same street . . . and an old favorite that will certainly be a player . . .

I don't think of Hip-Hop as a musical form we have to play because of money. I think of it as a legitimate genre full of talented artists with a broad public appeal. What I am concerned about is quality. There is good EDM and bad EDM...there is good Hip-Hop and bad Hip-Hop...good rock and bad rock...We just want to make sure we're playing the good stuff.

Seen the diagrams...the place looks amazing...can't WAIT to check it out. How about NYE 2004 everyone?

Guest Cosmigonon

the hip hop generation and minrities who listen to it, mainly the black coummunity won't ever embrace house or trance or techno..

Their music cultrue is about image, while eletronic music isn't...

I knew so many football players at my college, who loved bands like greenday, but wouldn't be caught dead playing it in front of their boys etc..

Couple of the biggest djs in the world are black

cox

stryke

morillo

todd terry

tony humphries

etc

if they can't get the hip hoppers into house, no one can...

i think puffy's cd will do great but little cross over into the hip hop community..

eletronic music fans are blind to color, and it's really cool that it's like that, however house is about the go, while hip hop is about the show..

By the way Saleen, hell of a good post their, its probably one of the most positive things you have said ever. One last thing I thought Morillo was latin.

Totally agree with you. BTW, I think Morillo is both black and latin. ;)

Guest pod

He's Blatino

;D

As for being 65% done, I'd rather the place be done right than fast. I've seen plenty of clubs rush things just to get open, and it bites them in the ass later on.

As for the whole aspect of 11th St, the more the merrier. Competition will force the place to be more viable.

There's another joint opening right next to Space, but it isn't a club, it's being advertised as a bar/restaurant/video arcade...diversity is good too.

That's what the area needs to survive, things besides clubs. Restaurants, cafés, the whole bit. To challenge the Beach, especially.

I'm sincerely hoping for a Downtown renaissance myself. Nightlife is more viable down there, less hassle from old people and noise ordinances, plus from a photo perspective I've fallen in love with the whole clash of tropical and urban.

From an aesthetic perspective, I'm bored of Miami Beach...I only shoot outdoors on Miami Beach if I'm being paid to.

Guest antonio

Ok, after seeing the layout of this venue, I really have to change my opinion to yes, it will definitely be a competition to Space. Even though I think that the music selection is horrible for the layout of this club.

Guest pod

I don't see it being direct competiton. It's rated at less than 1,000 people capacity, and they manage to stuff 5,000 into Space on a good night...

Dade'll correct me if I'm wrong, but Nocturnal is targeting a more upscale crowd...

but Nocturnal is targeting a more upscale crowd...

thats what i think the target is as well!!!!!!

ive never met dade, but ive heard nothing but kind words about him...so if he runs the place as good as his reputation...things should be just fine!!!!!!!!! I for 1 will take anything over there neighbors...i dont bash them, but i definatley dont prefer them!!!!!!!!!

Guest pod

I'm all for variety...I forsee myself spending time at both venues. Sometimes I like a Nerve-like semi-upscale but without a lot of crap to get in atmosphere...sometimes I need massive sound and lighting with a pretty casual feel.

Guest Adam Singer

I'm psyched for dade, as well as everyone who will be involved with the opening of Nocturnal and all the dj's involved...

its so hard to start up a new club nowadays, especially building your own as opposed to revamping another...i give mad respect to dade for partaking in this venture and wish him 100% success.

why should he see space as competition, i see space as a good thing, bringing lots of people to the area already---everyone who attends space will most likely check out nocturnal at some point, and many of them will see nocturnal as an atmosphere that suits them once in a while as well, when they want something new, fresh, and different...

good vibes and good luck to dade

Nocturnal......Hmm...Personally i think Nocturnal will draw it's own unique clientele. When it first opens, Space might experience a slight decline in attendance due to curiosity in the new club on the block, but ultimately, based on what i've heard so far, both of them should be successful. All I can say is "promotion" is everything. If Nocturnal wants to be successful, they must aggressively pursue this. Will there be passwords, guestlists and drink promotions etc....? They will need all that in order to seduce would be space goers that are getting in free until 1 am. BTW Saleen, Good microeconomic analysis........

If done right ...Nocturnal will do GOOD...Word of Dj Craze..spinning there as a resident ...DOpe!! Yeah he is hip hop...but this man is " THE MAN " when it comes to putting on a show...plus he ranges from hip hop 2 drum n bass....The DMC champion who has never had a tru residency in Miami is now going to have one..Good idea..plus Stryke...well deserve place for him...both Miami legends if I say so myself...

The more the better 4 the downtown area...South Beach is getting boring...The only club I see myself going to alot is Nerve..and sometimes Space..I would love to check out Nocturnal when it finally opens....

Guest JustDade

Thanks for all the kind words. We really love the fact that people are excited about this project. Like I've said many times already...it's going to be a different kind of place.

Thanks for all the kind words. We really love the fact that people are excited about this project. Like I've said many times already...it's going to be a different kind of place.

No prob man.... I'm all for variety as well, I do love Space, but sometimes i would like to go to a different venue that is NOT on the beach yet can provide that afterhours vibe that my friends and I crave so much. Wish you the best of luck.. ;)

...............Cheers to a new venue!!!!! ;D

a new well thought out venue !

Yup, we definitely need more venues downtown. And not just clubs. Lounges, bars, pool halls, whatever can increase business and traffic to wake up that area. If Space and Goldrush alone bought some life to the area, just imagine a couple of more attractions. Economically, it makes all the sense in the world.

...............Cheers to a new venue!!!!! ;D

a new well thought out venue !

Yup, we definitely need more venues downtown. And not just clubs. Lounges, bars, pool halls, whatever can increase business and traffic to wake up that area. If Space and Goldrush alone bought some life to the area, just imagine a couple of more attractions. Economically, it makes all the sense in the world.

and don't forget homeless shelters...

oh, wait, we already have one there.

that part of downtown will never be nice until the shelter is somewhere else.