Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Battle of the afterhours venues

240turbo

Will Nocturnal be a problem for Space?  

1. 1. Will Nocturnal be a problem for Space?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

To tell you the truth I want another Club to be a threat to Space, because I am tired of going to it so much its time for something different. I cant wait for Nocturnal, they are going to have Stryke playing in the main room, tearing it up with some techno and some house. And then in the Hip-Hop room you have Dj Craze tearing it up nasty style with his mixing style....and wizardry.......do you guys know that this guys also plays drum and bass and breaks sometimes.

So definetely the Dj's at Nocturnal will have potential to overthrow Space. And talk about the Sushi bar and the service now the cahllenges are there. And did I mention the Terrace for Nocturnal is gonna be way better than Space's

forget all the bs, lets look at this from a economic standpoint..

the pure competitive market theory tells us, that more competition is a benefit for the consumer. Cheaper prices, better service etc.

However economics also tells us that in the downtown market which will be a oligopoly when nocturnal opens could turn out to hurt clubbers if space and nocturnal work together and collude to control the market place.

I think for downtown to work, we need a 3rd player to really enter a pure compettive market. Though the collusion of space and nocturnal if they did this, which is illegal could kill off the 3rd memeber. Sorta like log rolling or dumping.

For an ecomonics stand point, I say make the beach 7am, and let the best city win... I'm not a fan of zoned entertainment districts, I feel they hurt the market place and kill off free enterprise and develpment, it sky rockets the rents and forces places to charge more money though in the short run, there are fewer issues city wide, no complaints etc from the community.

Guest LeVeL

Well Carisa go to www.nocturnalmiami.com and click on Dj's you will see everything there. You will also see a 3d view of how all 3 floors will look like. But the info that I got was not from Saleen it was from Pod. But it was all confirmed in the website. So have fun.

Guest LeVeL

Thats what I said, its so much better than any website other clubs here in Miami have. So Nocturnal is truly taking it up another Level. I cant wait for this venue to open.I will be outside staking out, saying "Open,open,open".....LOL ;D 8)

craze is a world reknowned hip hop dj.. not breaks.

ugh. you know, i could enjoy hip hop at a club if they played more than 30 seconds of a song. they must run through at least 100 songs in a night. that leads me to believe that they're playing the same thing week after week, aside from a new "joint" that's "off the hook" (i'm such a gangsta 8)). every time that i've been to space and go upstairs early in the evening, sure enough, i hear gin & juice from snoop dogg. EVERY TIME. that just ain't right.

Guest pod

As OGMiami will undoubtedly post, Nocturnal isn't seeking to compete with Space directly.

I forsee an informal oligopoly, like Saleen is theorizing. They may not actively work together, but by targeting two different markets, it may just fall that way.

May the best city win? My bets are on downtown. Aside from a few venues, South Beach is done. Many top people in the industry agree with me.

I'd kinda like to see Downtown reign supreme anyway, it's so much more gritty and real...

Guest JustDade

Just thought I would let you know that these are only a couple of the DJs who will be resideent at Nocturnal. For those who don't know, Craze is widely regarded as one of the premiere Hip-Hop Djs in the world. As for Stryke...if you think he's only a "techno" DJ, you're in for a surprise.

I think that the important thing to understand about Nocturnal is that it won't be entirely DJ driven. It will be more total experience driven with outstanding music.

Andrew, don't look at the resident's listed now and assume you know what will be played. All I can say is that it'll be different and exciting.

Guest LeVeL

Your right, Pod these two clubs are not competing in the same league one club is providing something different from the next. Thats what sets Nocturnal apart from Space. Space sells you music, I am taking Nocturnal is gonna provide you a different all around clubbing experience from your usual club.

Which to me is so much more interesting, I just hope they dont have a door policy like Mansion has which is not letting people inside the venue eventhough you dont have to much people inside anyways. That to me is garbage.

Guest LeVeL

Just thought I would let you know that these are only a couple of the DJs who will be resideent at Nocturnal. For those who don't know, Craze is widely regarded as one of the premiere Hip-Hop Djs in the world. As for Stryke...if you think he's only a "techno" DJ, you're in for a surprise.

I think that the important thing to understand about Nocturnal is that it won't be entirely DJ driven. It will be more total experience driven with outstanding music.

Andrew, don't look at the resident's listed now and assume you know what will be played. All I can say is that it'll be different and exciting.

Stryke is someone who could could play other kinds of the electronic genre his productions speak for themselves. And Craze...is something else he is not no dj radamas he's top notch........Dj Craze will have you thinking he's playing a track when he is really just scratching and mixing beats, with accapella's not too many Djs in the world can do all that all at the same time.

Dade .. don't get me wrong in any way .. but being SPACE your next door neighboor you guys are just aimin way too high

and i truly wish you guys the best .. maybe Nocturnal will be a different way for NV & Space to improve themselves even more

btw, hip hop ? mmmm that sucks ... just imagine the kinda crowd its gonna bring ...

i 4 one am counting the days for nocturnal to open...ive been waiting 4 them since they put the sign up that it was in the works!!!!!!!!!

craze as stated is not a d.j...hes a freak!!!!!!!!!!!

stryke u dont even have to argue the fact that hes one of the best technical d.j's on the planet!!!!!!

Guest r3nz0

just know this

he can mix 3 records, a bag of concrete, and a margarita all at the same time...

but stryke don't know about classics :-* ;D

Did you just send a kiss to Stryke?

LOL