Clubplanet Nightlife Community

At last a new cool venue in Downtown Ft. Laud....

Guest durrtylexx

No doubt I agree Miami lost its soul, but did it have one???I have lived here all my life and I have traveled.I love NYC I was talking jazz, I have gone to Twilo, Limelight, Webster Hall, Soundfactory, The Tunnel and they Fucking kick ass.Twilo in its day was da bomb.Down here its all about looking pretty and being cool.Thats just how it is down here plastic fantastic.Dj's down here have to cater the rich and the wanna be rich.Have any of you gone to LA or Vegas their clubs SUCK!!!Yea the girls are fine but the music and the peoples attitudes SUCK major pelotas!!Thats why I will defend places like Nerve and Space.Space is no longer the same but it still has its attitude and atleast decent choons.The real DJ's down here know whats up and for us few that know the real deal know where to look and what to listen to.. 8) :P

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saleen all you do is talk jazz about how bad everything is here,get over it Jersey sucks also!!!Your trying to promote a club called Eden in Davie that will suck.Go back to Jersey Vaffanculo a Lei, Lei e' un cafone stronzo. Vada via in culo! LOL....

hmmmm... another saleen hater..... ::)

No offense, but ahhh, you seem to be the one getting your panties in a bunch pal....

p.s. Saleen - I know a great spot where you can hand out flyers - I mean now that your a promoter and all ??? LOL

Guest bcnjunkie

Saleen ive been holding back...i think your a great guy!

But when it comes to music you have NO IDEA AT ALL of what your talking about!

Thank You ;D

Bottom line:

If you don't like a club... don't go.

If you don't like the DJ.......... don't go listen to him.

If you want to see weird people... hang out in downtown Miami near Miami Arena.

If you want to sit and bitch about it - then carry on! It makes for great entertainment ;)

Guest durrtylexx

hmmmm... another saleen hater.....

No offense, but ahhh, you seem to be the one getting your panties in a bunch pal....

p.s. Saleen - I know a great spot where you can hand out flyers - I mean now that your a promoter and all LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------'

I hate no one I have nuthin but love to give and an opinion to express. :P

Guest LeVeL

and for us few that know the real deal know where to look and what to listen to.. 8) :P

A men to that comment, I believe the few people who are in this message board are the people who know where to look and what to listen when it comes to our sound. Thats why I try to stay away from places like Prive, Opium and now Mansion because they cater to the wrong people. Yeah make your money but if you make the music the number 1 priority then more people will come and the venue gets to make more money. Some of the people who market these clubs really haven't been thinking. They should give me a call and put me in head of the marketing and promotions of their club.

Guest bcnjunkie

Was the promotion good enough to bring those people in. Because you can have biggest house Dj in the world come down and if they dont promote the event right then the people wont show up. Yeah you will have your hardcore fans but the rest of the people wont ever know. Also BCN you have to stop worrying about the fakers and just worry about your core of friends who you know went out that night to enjoy themselves not to sip on some champagne and be on Vip just to look cool, when in reality they are not electronic music fans. Yeah I seen those kind of fakers but I careless about them. I do my thing and that is that, you cant open the mind of people like that, they are too stuck up to realize the truth.

I'm not worried about anyone !! however, truth be told, Miami is not the party capital we would like it to be (even though it has the potential). Events that I saw empty:

* Roger Sanchez @ Nerve

* Tom Stephan @ Maze

* Tony Humphries @ Nerve

* Harry Choo Choo Romero @ Crobar

* Brian Tappert @ Sonar

* Lego @ Sonar

* DJ Vibe @ Space (moderately empty)

* Danny Tenaglia for closing @ Space (as soon as patio opened, all the wanna be posers rushed to hear roland !, I'm sorry but you can't compare)

* Charles Feelgood @ I/O

* Mauricio Aviles @ Oxygen Lounge

you want me to keep going ???

Guest FRESHMAN00000

Shit...everyone has there own opinion about everything and we are entitled to speak our minds...Most of the people that you talk down to as far as dj'ing and music are complete amatures...My opinion is that from what you generaly post is that you really need to do more research on electronic music alltogether! And by the way the "NY" dj's that you always talk about are no fucking diffrent from most of the dj's from everywhere else across the country...We all buy records from the same stores!

When you talk about "dj's" & "music" you only end up sounding like a party 93.1 dj....GET A CLUE

.. nyc jocks wipe the floor with you guys down here. Thats the truth... make it in new york and you can make it anywhere...

I don't agree with that.... just becuz a DJ is from NY doesn't mean he's any better... different cities cater to different styles Saleen... you know that...

Guest bcnjunkie

i rarely post about music on cp or cj..

i have another screenname on another music board, and been doing that for years...

you think I don't know about music? Well, I never see you nor the miami jocks posting or playing the good tunes. I'm not a dj, yet would school you clowns when it comes to house choons...

you guys think I only post on here about tunes, but I don't, i have a board where all I do is post about music, and sometimes I bring it over here but the few posts and views on cj and cp goes to show you how lame miami and their jocks are..

once again, miami jocks try to get booked on their zip code not talent, if they tried to get booked on their talent and told everyone they are from LA, they'd get booked 85% less.

Reality sucks, and most won't face it... Stop using the zip code miami jocks, and learn how to dj.. nyc jocks wipe the floor with you guys down here. Thats the truth... make it in new york and you can make it anywhere...

ZZZ ZZZ ZZZZ ZZZ

Guest durrtylexx

Harry Choo Choo Romero @ Crobar I agree it was soooo sad!!! Romero is a freak that dude droped some shit and no one was there! It all about horns and smoke for the posers down here.

Guest FRESHMAN00000

Man you are too funny...

You throw a couple of dj's names in the mix of the crap that spews out of your mouth and you actually convince yourself into believeing that you know what your talking about!

Talk about lights or something!

Guest bcnjunkie

Shit...everyone has there own opinion about everything and we are entitled to speak our minds...Most of the people that you talk down to as far as dj'ing and music are complete amatures...My opinion is that from what you generaly post is that you really need to do more research on electronic music alltogether! And by the way the "NY" dj's that you always talk about are no fucking diffrent from most of the dj's from everywhere else across the country...We all buy records from the same stores!

When you talk about "dj's" & "music" you only end up sounding like a party 93.1 dj....GET A CLUE

get a clue? those guys in nyc, don't buy their music at the same stores as these poor saps.. There is a network of jocks up there that trade the newest tracks, and there is 1000 times more production work up in the nyc area... Takes a while to get those tracks down here. Only oscar is in the loop on that, and demo... besides that you guys need to play catch up.

You guys do party after party, and party after party fail.. why is that? blame the scene? or does the scene realize miami jocks use their zip code to get booked and their spanish in south american and not their talent??

get booked in nyc on a consistent basis, forget the 3rd world south america countries, i'm sure you could show up down there and play the same track over and over and they'll love it, lets face these people just go in door plumbing..

JR, JP, Morillo, DT, VC etc all nyc jocks, don't play the same shit they play down here, to say they do is absurd...

NYC clubs is the yankees of clubbing. everyone wants to play for the yanks and every jock wants a shot at nyc, but few every get a chance to be a headliner..

I may be hard on oscar, but he's a nyc calibur dj, the rest of miami isn't..

INSOMNIA REMEDY: read the post above ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ

Guest LeVeL

Well you can say this thread has been hauled out to another issue.

Why are we arguing about how bad the scene is here and how good the scene is in NY. This issue gets talked about every week and it always starts with Saleen trashing Miami and then somebody trashing Saleens taste in Music.

Lets move on please.....

Guest bcnjunkie

Well you can say this thread has been hauled out to another issue.

Why are we arguing about how bad the scene is here and how good the scene is in NY. This issue gets talked about every week and it always starts with Saleen trashing Miami and then somebody trashing Saleens taste in Music.

Lets move on please.....

please, let's leave the lunatic ramblings behind !, anyways we got into this because ft.lauderdale/Miami Club thing !. ps we can all agree Saleen is highly uneducated thus his opinions are conjured using stupidity therefore his opinions aren't valid !, don't bother answering his idiotic ramblings !

Guest FRESHMAN00000

So now there is another club opening in place of Murphy's Law and it is going to be cool!

What is going to make this bar that great?

Guest FRESHMAN00000

Nope just a reader...But i am promoting for Sonar where i will be spinning this coming thursday and saturday night!