Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what do u think!?!?!?!?!?

fliptoniaaa

Guest r3nz0
but what do u think downtown life will be like in 5 years!!?!?!?!?!?

Hopefully, much, much more prosperous.

I think Nocturnal will improve the scene there. Not to hate, but I don't feel safe going to Space and leaving my car there.

In my opinion, they need to build an indoor parking lot.

But I do think downtown will see major improvements--call me an optimist. :)

it's such a shame, too, because there is so much property there that is pretty much completely unused. call me a pessimist, but i don't think much will develop. nightclubs/strip joints work, because the clientele (us) realize it's not too risky to go there, but the vast majority of the population just sees downtown miami as really scary.

Guest durrtylexx

People are buying property like theres no tomorrow.I know they are going to build condo's and right now you can get a good deasl on a pre-construction prices.Downtown will be awesome in 5 or 7 years.South Beach will be more of a resort type place, hotels restaurants and few bars.And of course the where the rich will live.If you have money right now is the time to invest in downtown Miami. ;D

Guest pod

As far as quality nightlife goes, Downtown is going to destroy south beach.

The Beach will undoubtedly be reduced to hotels and bars.

People are buying property like theres no tomorrow.I know they are going to build condo's and right now you can get a good deasl on a pre-construction prices.Downtown will be awesome in 5 or 7 years.South Beach will be more of a resort type place, hotels restaurants and few bars.And of course the where the rich will live.If you have money right now is the time to invest in downtown Miami. ;D

i think along these same lines....but i think in the long run it will hurt the nightlife, as it has in south beac...once they start building more, and more habitibale places in the downtown area...u will begin to get all the complaints that the music is too loud, and that the crowd of people is looking for trouble, even though we r far from trouble makers....things r gonna start to get real interesting onece they r done with the performing arts center.....cuz the rich and cultured dont really like the young and clubber like mentality and people that come with it....thats just a bit of what i think!!!!!

Guest pod

Well, the thing with downtown is the area around Space is a designated entertainment district. The closest residencies are in the Park Place complex (that big tower to the SW)...and they've been there for quite awhile, and there's been zero complaints from them.

So in other words, residencies cannot be built in that area, or if they can, the developers better realize what they are into.

Unlike the Beach, the club (soon to be clubs) downtown have a lot of political clout, and it will be hard for them to be fucked with.

The area is deliberately zoned in this fashion to head off any of the issues that the Beach has.

Believe me, Downtown is gonna rock the Beach's world in a few years.

Guest coach

It really depends on if Miami actually puts some services into that area, specifically parking.

Pod, why do you think the clubs have so much clout in Miami? It's such a bigger city and they have such a smaller economic impact, comparatively. From what I've read, I have seen no evidence that the Miami commission is any more pro-nightlife than the Miami Beach one is.

Guest pod

Well, Louis was one of the people to push the 24-hour zone through...not to mention his proximity to the mayor's office...the companies behind Space, and Nocturnal, swing a lot of weight at City Hall.

Plus, heavyweights like Michael Capponi are establishing ventures over that way.

In the next year or so there are at least 4 clubs slated to open, as well as the aforementioned restaurants and bars and stores...

Like I've stated before, I'm all for a scene downtown. It makes for a bit more diversity, and a more urban feel. Maybe it's because I've been around these parts for awhile, but the whole South Beach thing is starting to get lost on me...maybe it's too touristy...that's the nice thing about Downtown, as well...your average tourist isn't going there at the moment.

Guest durrtylexx

Elitist lmao dude I'm not buying bottles of Veuve Clicquot @ Pearl, but Washington Ave is out of control and its getting worse.I have lived most of life in Miami, now residing in Ft.Lauderdale and its a sad sad thing to see parts of Miami flourish and see others diminish.Its a shame that September 11th f**ked up the world.We need more tourists and the streets should be cleaned.Maybe I'm just a little snobby :P.

Guest bcnjunkie

more cosmopolitant, wher nighlife will just part of the area as opposed to an underground "hidden" thing !