Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody ever heard of "THE FORTH"?

Guest Cosmigonon

Guest Cosmigonon

The best house cd I've ever heard was one made by this dj or dj's called THE FORTH and its name was "Borders: Passports". It was some sort of a promo cd, 'cause it didn't even come in a plastic case, but in a cardboard one, ala vynil record. It was on Global Underground, and it came out on 2001; I've tried to look on some ingo on that project but have never been able to.

Could somebody get me some info on them, or what other releases do they have, or at least who they are?? ;D

Guest JMT

not much available about them

from Discogs.com.....

-----------------------------------------------

Forth, The / (artists)

Profile: none yet

URLs:

Releases:

Reality Detached EP, 12" (Coded)

Remixes:

Magic Shop (Forth Coded Dub) on Global Underground 003 - Nick Warren - Prague, 2xCD (Boxed)

Loving You More (The Forth Remix) on Loving You More (The Forth Remix), 12" (Perfecto)

Loving You More (The Forth Remix) on Loving You More, CD5" (Perfecto)

Loving You More (The Forth Remix) on Loving You More, 12" (Perfecto)

Come On (Forth's Vocal Motion) on Come On, 12" (Positiva)

Come On (Forth Coded Dub) on Come On, 12" (Positiva)

Waters (Forth's Secrets Of The Deep) on Waters (Remixes), 12" (Quad Communications)

Anomaly - Calling Your Name (Forth's Remix) on Anomaly (Calling Your Name), CD5" (Platipus)

Anomaly - Calling Your Name (Forth's Remix) on Anomaly - Calling Your Name, 12" (CNR Music Germany)

Zoe (Forth's Angel Fire Remix) on Zoe, 12" (INCtraxx)

Magic Shop (Forths Shopping Trolley) on Magic Shop, 12" (Coded)

Anomaly - Calling Your Name (Forth's Remix) on Anomaly - Calling Your Name, CD5" (Musicnow Records)

Tranceillusion (Forth's Illusion Confusion) on Tranceillusion, 12" (Quad Communications)

Come On (Forth's Vocal Motion) on Come On, 12" (Positiva)

Come On (Forth Coded Dub) on Come On, 12" (Positiva)

Come On (Forth's Vocal Motion Edit) on Come On, CD5" (Positiva)

Come On (Forth's Vocal Motion) on Come On, CD5" (Positiva)

Come On (Forth Coded Dub) on Come On, CD5" (Positiva)

Zoe (Forth's Angel Fire Remix ) on Release Yourself - CD 1, CD5" (Sony Music Entertainment (UK))

Stronger Together (Forth's De-Tox) on Stronger Together, CD5" (Hi Life Recordings)

Stronger Together (Forth's De-Tox) on Stronger Together, 12" (Hi Life Recordings)

Kaleidoscope (Forth's Blue Mix) on Electric Calm V2, CD (Boxed)

Loving You More (The Forth Remix) on Loving You More (DUPLICATE), CD5" (Perfecto)

Your Light (Forth's Re:boot Reprise) on Your Light, 12" (Global Underground)

Kaleidoscope (Forth's Blue Mix) on Electric Calm V2, 2x12" (Boxed)

Appearances:

Secret Silence on Global Underground: Arrivals, CD (Boxed)

Reality Detached on Global Underground 008 - Nick Warren - Brazil, 2xCD (Boxed)

Reality Detached on Global Underground: Departures, CD (Boxed)

Secret Silence on Global Underground 011 - Nick Warren - Budapest, 2xCD (Boxed)

Solavox (Traffik's Tambura Psalm) on Electric Calm, CD (Boxed)

Secret Silence on Electric Calm, CD (Boxed)

Solavox on Forbidden Paradise 12 - Changing Colours, 2xCD (Guardian Angel)

Inner Calm on Electric Calm V2, CD (Boxed)

Dusk 2 Dawn on Electric Calm V2, CD (Boxed)

Reality Detatched on Global Underground 008 - Nick Warren - Brazil (Limited Edition), 2xCD (Boxed)

Dusk 2 Dawn on Electric Calm V2, 2x12" (Boxed)

Secret Silence on Global Underground 011 - Nick Warren - Budapest (Limited Edition), 2xCD (Boxed)

Secret Silence on Global Underground 005 - Nick Warren - Budapest, 2xCD (Thrive Records)

No comments have been posted yet. Add Comment

Guest nickjunkie

Wow - this was out of the blue...

The Forth are actually two guys (Scott and Andrew) who work with Global Underground in my home town of Newcastle, England. Scott works in marketing I think and Andrew handles a lot of production for them. Andrew worked with us as an engineer when we were signed to GU.

They started producing and DJ'ing in the early days of GU, and have been featured on several GU CD's and also mix some of the downtempo / chill stuff. In-house producers / DJ's basically.

And here's your trivia - the name 'The Forth' comes from a pub which was located a couple of blocks from the GU office, and where we used to have meetings about tracks & record deals.

Guest Cosmigonon

Wow - this was out of the blue...

The Forth are actually two guys (Scott and Andrew) who work with Global Underground in my home town of Newcastle, England. Scott works in marketing I think and Andrew handles a lot of production for them. Andrew worked with us as an engineer when we were signed to GU.

They started producing and DJ'ing in the early days of GU, and have been featured on several GU CD's and also mix some of the downtempo / chill stuff. In-house producers / DJ's basically.

And here's your trivia - the name 'The Forth' comes from a pub which was located a couple of blocks from the GU office, and where we used to have meetings about tracks & record deals.

Double thanks!!!!!!! ;D ;D I had really been trying to find out something about them, 'cause as I said it's the best damn house cd I've ever heard!!! Somebody burned it for me, and I have the track list, but only the names of the track, but not the producers, so I think now I can start looking for more of their stuff 8) 8) I really appreciate it!!

Guest siuol_leahcim

The Forth are now producing under the name 'Trafik'. Their single 'Your Light' was remixed by none other than Luke Chable and has been played by all the top jocks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest digital7

blah.. both Departures and Arrivals were digitally mixed compilations.. no real skill in that in my opinion..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cosmigonon

blah.. both Departures and Arrivals were digitally mixed compilations.. no real skill in that in my opinion..

Who cares? the track selection is amazing, sounds as if the tracks were produced specially for those compilations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest digital7

obviously you dont ... ;)

the reason why they sound so perfect is because it was digitally mixed and it samples different tracks from all the GU series... Im sure they could get it right

a def man with one ear could get that right.. :)

Guest ramon

The Forth are now producing under the name 'Trafik'. Their single 'Your Light' was remixed by none other than Luke Chable and has been played by all the top jocks.

album out at some point in the next millenium

Guest Cosmigonon

album out at some point in the next millenium

what do you mean? :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest born2trance

The best house cd I've ever heard was one made by this dj or dj's called THE FORTH and its name was "Borders: Passports". It was some sort of a promo cd, 'cause it didn't even come in a plastic case, but in a cardboard one, ala vynil record. It was on Global Underground, and it came out on 2001; I've tried to look on some ingo on that project but have never been able to.

Could somebody get me some info on them, or what other releases do they have, or at least who they are?? ;D

i have bout 6 mixes called "technics dj set vol...." and i think theyre all mixed by the forth. great mixes!!