Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar g review at voodoo...

V. Barbarino

[quote author=CrzyC

Man, I miss this song n the dancefloor...

That's cause you never make it to the dancefloor, you always stay home,lol :P :P

I stayed home ONCE and this is the love I get? Dork. :P :-*

BTW...Ive been sick for 2 months...time to get some sleep...might bail out for this whole weekend... :-\

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, for mr underground

here is a question and answer

Do you care about what’s underground or what’s mainstream?

I don’t give a fuck. As long as it sounds good, I’m gonna fucken play it.

the answer was provided by mr eric morillo....

Guest subdigital-sy

What is your point Saleen????????

Just because he is a big dj that plays some maistream

Means that i have to follow him??????

You are an idiot buddy :o :o

all you guys sound like little girls . lol

Ok little boy so stop criticizing the mans skill and grow up and make a name of yourself. You dont come on a board and criticize someone and then you cant back it up. Just admit it your not in their league just show respect do your thing and be civil about it. Dont call us little girls after your panties have gotten dirty and now thay have a need to be washed give me a break.

and the downward spiral continues!

dude, you're not helping.

Guest subdigitalbk

all you guys sound like little girls . lol

Ok little boy so stop criticizing the mans skill and grow up and make a name of yourself. You dont come on a board and criticize someone and then you cant back it up. Just admit it your not in their league just show respect do your thing and be civil about it. Dont call us little girls after your panties have gotten dirty and now thay have a need to be washed give me a break.

hey level i think u have the wrong guy.

Oh boy! Mr. "Underground" has come to the conclusion that I am cheesy, or play cheesy shit....

Well then...

This is an open letter of advice for all "up and coming underground, bedroom" DJs......WAKE UP!!! GROW UP!!! EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!! RESPECT THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE YOU!!! AND INSTEAD OF HATING, LEARN FROM THOSE WHO ARE AHEAD OF YOU!!!

There are 100 "DJs" every week at Space thinking "shit I could rock this room better than this guy...I should be here, Im the shit when I play my marathon bedroom set for my 2 cats".....These 100 "DJs" will never amount to shit...

Then there are those 4 or 5 guys that are there every week listening and paying attention....Learning and taking ideas which will eventually help develop their own sound and style....They appreciate the music and the fact that a room is full for 10 hours with house music playing.....These guys are the FUTURE!!!

I was one of those guys who would sit and listen to Junior at the original Sound Factory, Tony Humphries at Zanzibar, Louie Vega at Sound Factory Bar, Danny Tenaglia at Cheers, Timmy Regisford at Shelter.. even David Padilla at Warsaw....I took in what I saw and what I heard and learned something different from all of them (among others)...

It is funny to me how people talk about Space sometimes....When I started playing at Space 4 years ago the only music people wanted to hear in this town was Trance....I stuck to my guns and LP backed me up and we were able to build a very succesful night based on Underground House Music....Now all of the sudden because that sound caught on its not underground anymore??? so should I switch to ambient now just so I can be "Undergound" again??? I have been playing House Music since 1989...I am not about to change now....It is my passion and I dont care what it is labeled!

as for subdigital-sy...

I admire your passion and dedication....I have never done drugs either (nor alcohol) and I continue to be into this for the Music...Music is what my life is about and has been for the last 20 years....

BUT....

listen SON!

When you were getting into the"scene" in 1996...I had been traveling the globe spreading the music I loved for 6 years already....That is also the year my partner and I released the "underground" anthem "Fired Up" which went on to become a big hit (at which point I guess it wasnt underground anymore...lol..)

So....being that Ive payed my dues...I feel I've earned the right to play a Britney Spears remix (which is an unreleased mix by Fritz and Sieg which rocks) as an encore song at closing time of a club where I played the entire night without it being "cheesy" Its called programming and entertaining...the two most important aspects of DJing>>>>

as for my technical skills whatever I will let them speak for themselves

by the way I love minimal techno!!!

nothin' but love for y'all

O.G.:)

Amen!!!! Well Said Oscar.......... No matter what these bedroom DJ idiots say, your fans are behind you 100%, and we'll be at space tearin' up the dancefloor on a regular basis. These jackasses need to stay in that bedroom and continue their Chronic Masturbating sessions together,lol. Nuff Said.... :P :P

Guest subdigital-sy

I did not criticize his skills i said that he is a good dj. AND THAT WHAT HE DOES WORKS ! ! !

I simply voiced my opinion on 2 remarks that were posted in this thread.

1. I dont agree with the fact that ppl call djs celebs.

2. The briteny spears track was odd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just seems like you want to a more fuel to the fire.

I told Oscar that i was sorry if i offended him with my remarks.

My comments were not made to offend him!!!!!!!!!!!

And if i cant voice my opinion here without a million ppl jumping down my throat. Then i have nothing else to say to you on this subject

I did not criticize his skills i said that he is a good dj. AND THAT WHAT HE DOES WORKS ! ! !

And if i cant voice my opinion here without a million ppl jumping down my throat. Then i have nothing else to say to you on this subject

Ok Pal, let's not get all emotional here buddy.... The reason I replied to his remark, is not because I wanted to make you look like a clown..You accomplished that quite thoroughly on your own...The point I was trying to make, is that a lot of these "bedroom DJ's", namely yourself and many others, have absolutely no respect for old school Dj's. These are the pioneers, they have experience, they have been doing this for a long time. And If you actually speak to some of the best DJ's they all seem to have several common traits: HUMILITY, RESPECT FOR OTHER DJ"S as well as respect and deep appreciation for their fans. And the corny Dj's who have yet to play in front of capacity crowd tend to have the same cocky, arrogant attitude which never gets them anywhere. This is why, instead of criticizing a DJ's credibility for playing a certain track (especially when it's someone like Oscar G or Roland), why not try to understand the pattern they are playing and why that track was thrown in there. I am not a DJ by any means, but i've been behind a booth many times and I know how intimidating and tedious their job can be...When you can take a clueless crowd, take over their soul and make them dance all night, that to me is priceless. The same way nightly whacking off sessions to Prince pictures is priceless to you and your goons. In my book that's what makes these old school dj's so skillful and what leaves you with a sore wrist.

Guest Cosmigonon

.... The reason I replied to his remark, is not because I wanted to make you look like a clown..You accomplished that quite thoroughly on your own...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Ok Pal, let's not get all emotional here buddy.... The reason I replied to his remark, is not because I wanted to make you look like a clown..You accomplished that quite thoroughly on your own...The point I was trying to make, is that a lot of these "bedroom DJ's", namely yourself and many others, have absolutely no respect for old school Dj's. These are the pioneers, they have experience, they have been doing this for a long time. And If you actually speak to some of the best DJ's they all seem to have several common traits: HUMILITY, RESPECT FOR OTHER DJ"S as well as respect and deep appreciation for their fans. And the corny Dj's who have yet to play in front of capacity crowd tend to have the same cocky, arrogant attitude which never gets them anywhere. This is why, instead of criticizing a DJ's credibility for playing a certain track (especially when it's someone like Oscar G or Roland), why not try to understand the pattern they are playing and why that track was thrown in there. I am not a DJ by any means, but i've been behind a booth many times and I know how intimidating and tedious their job can be...When you can take a clueless crowd, take over their soul and make them dance all night, that to me is priceless. The same way nightly whacking off sessions to Prince pictures is priceless to you and your goons. In my book that's what makes these old school dj's so skillful and what leaves you with a sore wrist.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

Prince.........pfffffffffffftttttttttt :D

Guest biznation00

The reason why i said

JUST SAY NO.............TO CHEESE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is because in this thread ppl are sayn that he spun a britney spears track. THAT IS NOT CHEESY????????????????

1. it's an unreleased mix

2. all the big jocks dropped it lately

3. it's only one track out of a 4 hour set, if we ripped on djs for one track out of 4 hours then we are the idiots.

4. you weren't there

5. underground? son don't talk underground, there is no such thing. You must be 18 years old.

6. minimal techno? you are a typical hater who thinks he can out do a bigger jock. Bedroom dj syndrome is what i call it. Oscar plays, progressive, house, nyc house, classics (not enough though), techno, tech house, min techno what ever the fuck that is, etc...

7. do u think calling oscar g cheesy is gonna get you anywhere as a dj? you'd fit right in with the pill popping club planet trance turned techno addicts who spin at places like a pool hall, who all they do is say to themselves and their friends "i can do that, I can hold the main room at space, i'm not cheesy like oscar g "...

This post has just been nominated as "best reply to a bedroom dj/hater" for the 2005 Dancestar awards!

That was great! lol..

sorry I caught this thread soo late... ;)

Guest web_norah

need some coffee please....... newbies or people aspiring to make it as djs - should refrain from insulting and bashing others.....that alone speaks volumes of their "great" personalities. instead of bashing -you should support your locals.....

7. do u think calling oscar g cheesy is gonna get you anywhere as a dj? you'd fit right in with the pill popping club planet trance turned techno addicts who spin at places like a pool hall, who all they do is say to themselves and their friends "i can do that, I can hold the main room at space, i'm not cheesy like oscar g "...

saleen .. you and me are kool but .. this is just tryin to start shit ... the last people who hate on oscar are anyone anywhere remotely close to me ... we love oscar .. and as you know .. he whoops any house dj from NY or jersey .. oscar is the one who really got me back into house actually ... and all the tranceheads you are talkin shit about that spin at a pool hall love him just as much .. and enjoy his music .. and the people i hang out with dont change their tastes in music everyday ... you are definately talkin about other people.. so get your shit str8 ... IMO oscar g is farr from cheesy .. hes my fave house dj .. and you know what ? we dont need garbage drug induced dj's from jersey or new york .. WE HAVE ALL THE TALENT WE NEED RIGHT HERE ;) ;) i know it hurts you to hear this cause you know its true .. but will deny it cause you come from that dump called jersey.. but whatever .. so the conclusion here is

1. the people who were spinning and hangin out at the pool hall love oscar g !! and respect him alot ..

2. you have mistaken us for other used to be trance heads... im still a trance lover(maybe always will be.. who knows ?) i love tech also .. but im definately not who you are talkin about ..

3. noone i hang out with talks shit they can ripp the roof off of space .. or rip it up more than oscar ... cause imo thats a real hard thing to do . if even possible... roly, edgar , oscar own the blue room as far as tearing it up .. ...

so please.. get your facts str8 and dont confuse me or anyone else i hang out with .. with others .. we love oscar and have since the begining ... me , even before you even knew what house music was .. when you were in jersey listening to bon jovi or something ;)

and the trance turned techno lovers are NOT the same people hangin out at the pool hall.. and you know that more than anyone ... so please STFU :-X

saleen .. you and me are kool but .. this is just tryin to start shit ... the last people who hate on oscar are anyone anywhere remotely close to me ... we love oscar .. and as you know .. he whoops any house dj from NY or jersey .. oscar is the one who really got me back into house actually ... and all the tranceheads you are talkin shit about that spin at a pool hall love him just as much .. and enjoy his music .. and the people i hang out with dont change their tastes in music everyday ... you are definately talkin about other people.. so get your shit str8 ... IMO oscar g is farr from cheesy .. hes my fave house dj .. and you know what ? we dont need garbage drug induced dj's from jersey or new york .. WE HAVE ALL THE TALENT WE NEED RIGHT HERE ;) ;) i know it hurts you to hear this cause you know its true .. but will deny it cause you come from that dump called jersey.. but whatever .. so the conclusion here is

1. the people who were spinning and hangin out at the pool hall love oscar g !! and respect him alot ..

2. you have mistaken us for other used to be trance heads... im still a trance lover(maybe always will be.. who knows ?) i love tech also .. but im definately not who you are talkin about ..

3. noone i hang out with talks shit they can ripp the roof off of space .. or rip it up more than oscar ... cause imo thats a real hard thing to do . if even possible... roly, edgar , oscar own the blue room as far as tearing it up .. ...

so please.. get your facts str8 and dont confuse me or anyone else i hang out with .. with others .. we love oscar and have since the begining ... me , even before you even knew what house music was .. when you were in jersey listening to bon jovi or something ;)

and the trance turned techno lovers are NOT the same people hangin out at the pool hall.. and you know that more than anyone ... so please STFU :-X

dude, don't hate on bon jovie, or richie sambora.... they are my boys... >:(

dude, don't hate on bon jovie, or richie sambora.... they are my boys... >:(

i can just imagine you cruising in your mustang with a mullet haircut listening to bon jovi and cinderella and poison ... i still cant get off the floor laughing LMAO

AND YES i know they are from jersey ... thats why they suck ass

Guest r3nz0

so please.. get your facts str8 and dont confuse me or anyone else i hang out with .. with others .. we love oscar

werd!