Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar g review at voodoo...

V. Barbarino

Guest XxGrOoVeERICxX

:o

Just read thru this thread...damn!

My response to all this maddness:

OG has skills. He knows what he's doing. He can play whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Maybe the track in question is cheesy; but who cares! Maybe it's cheesy to you, but it's not to others. You can't please everyone! Anyway, just because he plays something you don't like, that doesn't make him bad. If that were the case, he wouldn't be where he is today.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

we love oscar .. and as you know .. he whoops any house dj from NY or jersey ...

but i hear space has got nothing on tempts....

Guest web_norah

so posting the pictures of two faked tanned, muscled up, wax eyebrowed dudes will motivate people to go to NJ? ::)

Guest klit

so posting the pictures of two faked tanned, muscled up, wax eyebrowed dudes will motivate people to go to NJ? ::)

I was thinking the same thing. Think he probably posted the wrong picture or something.

Guest JMT

i still have no idea who these nice tanned men are???

I would like to know what fake tanning products they use... cuz whateva it is, it's the bomb!! :o

lol

LOL!

Oh boy! Mr. "Underground" has come to the conclusion that I am cheesy, or play cheesy shit....

Well then...

This is an open letter of advice for all "up and coming underground, bedroom" DJs......WAKE UP!!! GROW UP!!! EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!! RESPECT THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE YOU!!! AND INSTEAD OF HATING, LEARN FROM THOSE WHO ARE AHEAD OF YOU!!!

There are 100 "DJs" every week at Space thinking "shit I could rock this room better than this guy...I should be here, Im the shit when I play my marathon bedroom set for my 2 cats".....These 100 "DJs" will never amount to shit...

Then there are those 4 or 5 guys that are there every week listening and paying attention....Learning and taking ideas which will eventually help develop their own sound and style....They appreciate the music and the fact that a room is full for 10 hours with house music playing.....These guys are the FUTURE!!!

I was one of those guys who would sit and listen to Junior at the original Sound Factory, Tony Humphries at Zanzibar, Louie Vega at Sound Factory Bar, Danny Tenaglia at Cheers, Timmy Regisford at Shelter.. even David Padilla at Warsaw....I took in what I saw and what I heard and learned something different from all of them (among others)...

It is funny to me how people talk about Space sometimes....When I started playing at Space 4 years ago the only music people wanted to hear in this town was Trance....I stuck to my guns and LP backed me up and we were able to build a very succesful night based on Underground House Music....Now all of the sudden because that sound caught on its not underground anymore??? so should I switch to ambient now just so I can be "Undergound" again??? I have been playing House Music since 1989...I am not about to change now....It is my passion and I dont care what it is labeled!

as for subdigital-sy...

I admire your passion and dedication....I have never done drugs either (nor alcohol) and I continue to be into this for the Music...Music is what my life is about and has been for the last 20 years....

BUT....

listen SON!

When you were getting into the"scene" in 1996...I had been traveling the globe spreading the music I loved for 6 years already....That is also the year my partner and I released the "underground" anthem "Fired Up" which went on to become a big hit (at which point I guess it wasnt underground anymore...lol..)

So....being that Ive payed my dues...I feel I've earned the right to play a Britney Spears remix (which is an unreleased mix by Fritz and Sieg which rocks) as an encore song at closing time of a club where I played the entire night without it being "cheesy" Its called programming and entertaining...the two most important aspects of DJing>>>>

as for my technical skills whatever I will let them speak for themselves

by the way I love minimal techno!!!

nothin' but love for y'all

O.G.:)

That was well said. This coming from a techno elitist, jesus, lol. I Have seen oscar do some excellent sets at space, taking chances on mixes and even dropping different tracks out of nowhere... I sit back and listen.... Just don't listen to the 50 cent remix, the salsa mixes (yeah I hate it in techno to), and freak in the morning. Not my style but its someones.

And BTW @ Kremlin during WMC Don Diablo played Toxic and I was jamming to it.

Also Cor Fijimen (Who I hate) Played Pearl Jam - Better Man (JR mix 2000) That one was for saleen.

AND Trance turned techno heads, Am I starting a cult here. I need to meet these people........ I still love my Flight 643....

OHHHH Bedroom Set this weekend, Jenice's birthday gonna have a full audience... Yeah Baby

Guest Adam Singer

hows it going oscar, hope we can bring you back up here to play vibe again---everyone up here loved your set sooooo much :)