Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar g review at voodoo...

V. Barbarino

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why i said

JUST SAY NO.............TO CHEESE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is because in this thread ppl are sayn that he spun a britney spears track. THAT IS NOT CHEESY????????????????

1. it's an unreleased mix

2. all the big jocks dropped it lately

3. it's only one track out of a 4 hour set, if we ripped on djs for one track out of 4 hours then we are the idiots.

4. you weren't there

5. underground? son don't talk underground, there is no such thing. You must be 18 years old.

6. minimal techno? you are a typical hater who thinks he can out do a bigger jock. Bedroom dj syndrome is what i call it. Oscar plays, progressive, house, nyc house, classics (not enough though), techno, tech house, min techno what ever the fuck that is, etc...

7. do u think calling oscar g cheesy is gonna get you anywhere as a dj? you'd fit right in with the pill popping club planet trance turned techno addicts who spin at places like a pool hall, who all they do is say to themselves and their friends "i can do that, I can hold the main room at space, i'm not cheesy like oscar g "...

Guest subdigital-sy

1. Underground. Yes there is. you just dont know of it.

2. Im not 18 years old. I am actually 25. ive been in the scene since 1996. Dont try to school me on music SON ! ! !

i got into electronic music for the music and the music only. Not for the drugs. actually to this day i have never eaten a pill! ! !

Not like You (saleen) who ate a bean and fell in love with the scene. And swings off the nuts of the dj that blew him up the most

3. im not "hating" on OG. i just said it was cheesy of him to play that track. I didnt say that he sux as a dj. Technicaly i dont think that he is a technical dj. But his formula seems to work pritty good.(Not all good djs are technical)

4. Bedroom dj syndrome...... Nope not me buddy. ive been in this a little too long to be a bedroom dj.

6. I think you have eaten too many disco biscuts. and have gotn too emotional over this subject.

5. min techno what ever the fuck that is, etc... Saleen just by sayn that lets me know how much knowledge you have for the music which leads me to asking you this question. (how many commertials do they play an hour on 93.1???)

Guest pod

Calm down mr. techno head, you're taking this all way too seriously.

You're 25? So what.

You never popped a pill? Who cares?

Stop acting so elitist, it's probably why you're still spinning "underground" parties after being at it for 7 years.

In my experience, anyone who uses the term underground usually has a chip on their shoulder about something.

2. Im not 18 years old. I am actually 25. ive been in the scene since 1996. Dont try to school me on music SON ! ! !

i got into electronic music for the music and the music only. Not for the drugs. actually to this day i have never eaten a pill! ! !

Not like You (saleen) who ate a bean and fell in love with the scene. And swings off the nuts of the dj that blew him up the most

3. im not "hating" on OG. i just said it was cheesy of him to play that track. I didnt say that he sux as a dj. Technicaly i dont think that he is a technical dj. But his formula seems to work pritty good.(Not all good djs are technical)

4. Bedroom dj syndrome...... Nope not me buddy. ive been in this a little too long to be a bedroom dj.

6. I think you have eaten too many disco biscuts. and have gotn too emotional over this subject.

5. min techno what ever the fuck that is, etc... Saleen just by sayn that lets me know how much knowledge you have for the music which leads me to asking you this question. (how many commertials do they play an hour on 93.1???)

lol, i've never done a club drug ever, and those on here can attest to that.

I grew up outside of nyc, I know what house music is, and any person whos been in the scene for a while, will admit, there is no such thing as underground any more..

name your last 5 gigs.... <<< this should be funny..

Guest subdigital-sy

I am not a techno head. I also spin house too. the reason why i choose to stay underground. is because im not tryn to follow whats main stream. its not hard to play all the anthems and main stream music to become popular. i would rather stick to the cutting edge. and expose ppl to the future style.

Artist that were ahead of their time die legends.

(Jimmy Hendrix, Bob Marley, The Beatles etc...)

Guest subdigital-sy

04.06.04 Bedroom 10Hr set ;D

04.07.04 Bedroom 10hr set ;D

04.08.04 Bedroom 10hr set ;D

I havent spun since. Electricity was cut off. (forgot to pay the bill)

What does that have to do with any of this???

why dont you download my our last mix http://subdigital.us

LOL..

saleen doesn't do drugs - never has.. LOL

Guest pod

Artist that were ahead of their time die legends.

(Jimmy Hendrix, Bob Marley, The Beatles etc...)

Now you're comparing yourself to them?

Jimi Hendrix, Bob, and the two dead Beatles are spinning in their graves.

Not for nothing, but the three of them packed arenas worldwide during their time. They were "underground", for sure, but at the same time, they broke out of that and made more money in a day than you or I do in a month.

As for exposing people to your "future style", you can't do that by being "underground". I'm not doubting your skill, I've heard your label-mate before and he's pretty damn good, so I'm sure he would choose to associate himself with quality talent, but at the same time, keeping things underground isn't the way to get them exposed.

Guest subdigital-sy

You got it all wrong pod. im not comparing myself to them. i am no where near their tallent levels. i was just naming a few artist that influence me. They didnt follow what was main stream. they had their own sound. and thats what ppl loved about them. They stayed true to what they believed in!!! they were not puppets.

I dont plan to stay underground for the rest of my career. at the same time wont sell out to become popular to the main stream. Im not a puppet.

Pod did you download our mix???

Guest dnb_chick

Oscar G a celebrity............What are you smoking buddy.

JUST SAY NO.............TO CHEESE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

sounds like hating to me.....

Guest dnb_chick

sounds like more hating....especially the part where he says uhhhh "technically"--i dont think Oscar is a technical dj"--oh and by the way, mr, "underground", looks like your spelling skills might still be a little underground, too. Pritty=Pretty

commertials=commercials

Have a nice day! (Hater!)

;D

LOL..

saleen doesn't do drugs - never has.. LOL

::) OK

Oh boy! Mr. "Underground" has come to the conclusion that I am cheesy, or play cheesy shit....

Well then...

This is an open letter of advice for all "up and coming underground, bedroom" DJs......WAKE UP!!! GROW UP!!! EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!! RESPECT THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE YOU!!! AND INSTEAD OF HATING, LEARN FROM THOSE WHO ARE AHEAD OF YOU!!!

There are 100 "DJs" every week at Space thinking "shit I could rock this room better than this guy...I should be here, Im the shit when I play my marathon bedroom set for my 2 cats".....These 100 "DJs" will never amount to shit...

Then there are those 4 or 5 guys that are there every week listening and paying attention....Learning and taking ideas which will eventually help develop their own sound and style....They appreciate the music and the fact that a room is full for 10 hours with house music playing.....These guys are the FUTURE!!!

I was one of those guys who would sit and listen to Junior at the original Sound Factory, Tony Humphries at Zanzibar, Louie Vega at Sound Factory Bar, Danny Tenaglia at Cheers, Timmy Regisford at Shelter.. even David Padilla at Warsaw....I took in what I saw and what I heard and learned something different from all of them (among others)...

It is funny to me how people talk about Space sometimes....When I started playing at Space 4 years ago the only music people wanted to hear in this town was Trance....I stuck to my guns and LP backed me up and we were able to build a very succesful night based on Underground House Music....Now all of the sudden because that sound caught on its not underground anymore??? so should I switch to ambient now just so I can be "Undergound" again??? I have been playing House Music since 1989...I am not about to change now....It is my passion and I dont care what it is labeled!

as for subdigital-sy...

I admire your passion and dedication....I have never done drugs either (nor alcohol) and I continue to be into this for the Music...Music is what my life is about and has been for the last 20 years....

BUT....

listen SON!

When you were getting into the"scene" in 1996...I had been traveling the globe spreading the music I loved for 6 years already....That is also the year my partner and I released the "underground" anthem "Fired Up" which went on to become a big hit (at which point I guess it wasnt underground anymore...lol..)

So....being that Ive payed my dues...I feel I've earned the right to play a Britney Spears remix (which is an unreleased mix by Fritz and Sieg which rocks) as an encore song at closing time of a club where I played the entire night without it being "cheesy" Its called programming and entertaining...the two most important aspects of DJing>>>>

as for my technical skills whatever I will let them speak for themselves

by the way I love minimal techno!!!

nothin' but love for y'all

O.G.:)

Guest r3nz0

Oh boy! Mr. "Underground" has come to the conclusion that I am cheesy, or play cheesy shit....

Well then...

This is an open letter of advice for all "up and coming underground, bedroom" DJs......WAKE UP!!! GROW UP!!! EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!! RESPECT THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE YOU!!! AND INSTEAD OF HATING, LEARN FROM THOSE WHO ARE AHEAD OF YOU!!!

There are 100 "DJs" every week at Space thinking "shit I could rock this room better than this guy...I should be here, Im the shit when I play my marathon bedroom set for my 2 cats".....These 100 "DJs" will never amount to shit...

Then there are those 4 or 5 guys that are there every week listening and paying attention....Learning and taking ideas which will eventually help develop their own sound and style....They appreciate the music and the fact that a room is full for 10 hours with house music playing.....These guys are the FUTURE!!!

I was one of those guys who would sit and listen to Junior at the original Sound Factory, Tony Humphries at Zanzibar, Louie Vega at Sound Factory Bar, Danny Tenaglia at Cheers, Timmy Regisford at Shelter.. even David Padilla at Warsaw....I took in what I saw and what I heard and learned something different from all of them (among others)...

It is funny to me how people talk about Space sometimes....When I started playing at Space 4 years ago the only music people wanted to hear in this town was Trance....I stuck to my guns and LP backed me up and we were able to build a very succesful night based on Underground House Music....Now all of the sudden because that sound caught on its not underground anymore??? so should I switch to ambient now just so I can be "Undergound" again??? I have been playing House Music since 1989...I am not about to change now....It is my passion and I dont care what it is labeled!

as for subdigital-sy...

I admire your passion and dedication....I have never done drugs either (nor alcohol) and I continue to be into this for the Music...Music is what my life is about and has been for the last 20 years....

BUT....

listen SON!

When you were getting into the"scene" in 1996...I had been traveling the globe spreading the music I loved for 6 years already....That is also the year my partner and I released the "underground" anthem "Fired Up" which went on to become a big hit (at which point I guess it wasnt underground anymore...lol..)

So....being that Ive payed my dues...I feel I've earned the right to play a Britney Spears remix (which is an unreleased mix by Fritz and Sieg which rocks) as an encore song at closing time of a club where I played the entire night without it being "cheesy" Its called programming and entertaining...the two most important aspects of DJing>>>>

Very nicely said, Oscar. 8)

Guest Cosmigonon

Well then...

as for subdigital-sy...

BUT....

listen SON!

Werd!! ;)

Guest klit

OG congrats on the residency in ny, normally would not miss an og set in lauderdale but its so rare to have stryke playing in town I had to check that out instead.

Also I don't think the guy needs to explain himself at all, he is considered one of the best house djs all over the world and packs places that only a few djs can pack. Technical skills, what is that? You mean scratching or what? The guy pretty much makes live music with effects and accapellas while he is on the decks rather then just put a record and jump up and down in the booth like many do. Never understood what technical skills were when it comes to djing, somebody explain to me? I always thought a good dj was somebody that played music that moved his crowd.

Guest ramon
On a technical level, Oscar is a talented DJ. I'm sure with minimal techno in his bag he could do amazing things.

dont waste ur breath Pod...he's a Techno elitist... ::)

#1 .. the toxic record remix or not is fuckin good . if you don't fuckin like it ... i don't care cause ITS MY FUCKING OPINION .. those strings are deadly.

2. IM THE TECHNO 933K here :)

3. refer to #2

4. Scotty/Bruce .. come chat about techno on my board .. pm me for the link.