Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Love Parade Suspended

Guest antonio

Guest antonio

This year's Berlin Love Parade has been suspended for economic reasons, only three months before the event.

Supposedly, Love Parade has been experiencing financial losses since they lost their "demonstration" status and is treated as a regular event. The high costs of production and others costs have beared on the financial standing of the Love Parade, which has been suffering losses since it's foundation.

Guest antonio

Even if I have never gone and maybe wouldn't, Love Parade is a great event for the dance music industry as a whole and its a pity it has gotten canceled. The city should give the producers some financial backup since this event attracts lots of money towards local economy.

Guest bcnjunkie

Love Parade is legendary in it's own time !, probably the best known craziest festival world-wide !, I wanna see it at least once :D

Guest LeVeL

Well i remember last year....there were talks of suspending the Love Parade do to all the littering and garbage left behind after the event. Supposively City officials didn't like the clean up process after the event. Also they were complaining of the huge drug use around the city around the time of the Love Parade. But its too bad this was an event I wanted to experience in my Life time its a tremendous shame that this event will be cancelled. It really Elevated Electronic Dance Music in this part of the world made it somewhat of a yearly ritual.

Guest antonio

Yeah, you're right...........but the garbage and littering can't compare to the millions and millions of dollars pulled in by this event towards local economy.

Guest LeVeL

Yup the tourist Germany was getting that month especially was tremendous to their economy. Now I guess the Germans are going to have to rely on Octoberfest to bring on the tourist for they can make some money off of us.