Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami to host MTV VMA.

Guest pod

Guest pod

MTV VMAs move to Miami.

More precisely Miami Beach, I'm guessing.

While I loath MTV, the fact that a major awards show is moving here for at least one year is a good indication that we are on the way up. The economic benefit will be nice too.

Guest coach

The main problem I have with MTV is that they usually forget the M part of their name. But I think that will be great. You have to admit that their award shows are less lame than most.

Guest pod

Well, I tend to think that most award shows are just industry people giving each other handjobs for a "job well done", i.e. there's no real public input...the MTV VMAs certainly qualify on that respect. It's entertaining for about 20 minutes, then I'm wandering off elsewhere.

The VMAs are right around the first week of September usually...

Guest sobe2004

MTV VMAs move to Miami.

While I loath MTV, the fact that a major awards show is moving here for at least one year is a good indication that we are on the way up. The economic benefit will be nice too.

Pod's getting his info from other boards I see . . . ;D

Guest pod

It is usually on a weeknight too, which is good, so that way the weekend won't be affected club-wise.

Miami needs things like this. A few high-profile conventions and award shows will do wonders down here economically.

Guest biznation00

MTV VMAs move to Miami.

worng there podster. I hear they will be set in Memphis. Miami was their original option. The idea was to do it at the American Airlines arena & have the stars pull up off boats. Didn't go thru.

ps. sobe, other boards are wrong & so are u. ::)

Guest JMT

Well, I tend to think that most award shows are just industry people giving each other handjobs for a "job well done", i.e. there's no real public input...the MTV VMAs certainly qualify on that respect. It's entertaining for about 20 minutes, then I'm wandering off elsewhere.

perfectly said.

Guest JMT

MTV VMAs move to Miami.

worng there podster. I hear they will be set in Memphis. Miami was their original option. The idea was to do it at the American Airlines arena & have the stars pull up off boats. Didn't go thru.

ps. sobe, other boards are wrong & so are u. ::)

this was in all the local papers today.

Guest r3nz0

MTV Video Music Awards moving to Miami

April 16, 2004

Associated Press

MIAMI — The MTV Video Music Awards are moving from New York to Miami this summer. A spokeswoman for the Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau says the VMAs will be held Aug. 29 at the American Airlines Arena.

The awards have been held in New York the past five years, but this year, the Republican National Convention will be held in New York starting the day after the VMAs. The spokeswoman wouldn't say if that had anything to do with the change in city.

A news conference will be held Friday afternoon to announce the decision.

No MTV for Memphis

April 16, 2004

Memphis, TN- Memphis will not host the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards. The music station is not saying who will host the event, but Miami and Memphis were the finalists. The Memphis and Shelby County Music Commission started soliciting MTV to host the awards show back in December of last year.

"We were incredibly impressed with Memphis as a host city," wrote Salli Fratini, Senior Vice President of MTV. "You have opened our eyes to a fabulous city with authentic style, music, and hospitality. However, due to a number of factors, we have decided not to hold the event in Memphis this year."

The Chairman of the Memphis and Shelby County Music Commission said he believes the effort at bringing the awards show to Memphis will create dividends for the future. MTV is also promising programming built around the 50th anniversary of Rock n' Roll in Memphis in the fall. The President of the Memphis Music Commission, Rey Flemings says the pursuit of the VMAs will put the city in the running for several future programs.

Guest pod

Pod's getting his info from other boards I see . . . ;D

Actually I posted this before I looked over at the cesspool. I never deliberately transpose information from over there to here...

You're a smart guy, why the hell do you bother seriously posting over there anyway?

Guest Diabolique

You're a smart guy, why the hell do you bother seriously posting over there anyway?

mmm, you make want to stop posting there.

Guest r3nz0

Out of all the bias comments I have heard in my life, that takes the cake.

LOL :P

MTV= Miscellanous televison, nothing but shitty shows of nothing, pimp my shitbox, the fake world, I want a plastic face, the newly morons, road kill, and 45 mins of vidoes per day, only videos of brittany, outkast, and R&R, thats all!!!

Guest JMT

MTV= Miscellanous televison, nothing but shitty shows of nothing, pimp my shitbox, the fake world, I want a plastic face, the newly morons, road kill, and 45 mins of vidoes per day, only videos of brittany, outkast, and R&R, thats all!!!

werd

Guest LeVeL

Shit I careless about MTV ....I just hope someone shows more than a TiT next time because that was just a tease.