Clubplanet Nightlife Community

An american hero... so sad...

Guest LeVeL

Another American Dies in this war so sad but thats the things that happen in War. The more American we lose the more the families get affected.

Guest JMT

I'm with Saleen. hes a hero. he thought of himself as an Army Ranger first, NFL player second.

i remember being so suprised when he made the decision to leave the NFL. i thought for sure he would be back, he was a great player for Arizona. how many other guys would turn down that money? not many.

Guest durrtylexx

I'm with Saleen. hes a hero. he thought of himself as an Army Ranger first, NFL player second.

i remember being so suprised when he made the decision to leave the NFL. i thought for sure he would be back, he was a great player for Arizona. how many other guys would turn down that money? not many.

Sad :-\

Guest JMT

he was a bad ass strong safety. 220+ tackles in 2000! later he even turned down a more lucrative offer to play baseball to stay in football with Arizona bc he felt loyalty since they first took a chance on him. 9/11 pissed him off so much he felt it was his duty to leave behind living an American dream to defend his country so others may live theirs.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004)

lthumb.gacol10204231946.afghan_nfl_player_gacol102.jpg

lthumb.ny15304231849.afghan_nfl_player_ny153.jpg

Guest bcnjunkie

very sad, another unecessary death caused by a little angry man with a hidden agenda ! very very sad !

Guest JMT

very sad, another unecessary death caused by a little angry man with a hidden agenda ! very very sad !

try actually reading next time, not just looking at the pictures... he was killed in Afganistan, NOT Iraq wiseguy.

Guest bcnjunkie

you're right ! I didn't read, still loads of Americans dying in Iraq unecessarily ! ps I'm not opposed to defending this country or even war. I'm opposed to invading Iraq, bad move. Because of 9-11 we had the sympathy of the world, we could have tactfully gone after countries that help finance and aid countries like Iraq. Instead, we go after Iraq (which many people abroad look at as "son finishing what father started") piss off the entire muslim world and take away all the sympathy that we gained and should have used tactfully to our advantage ! instead we look, again, like the agressor. You know it's not only muslim countries that are opposed to us being there, it's extremely civilized ones (with a highly educated population) like Germany, Sweden and Netherlands. And a country like Sweden is borderline neutral, they also saw the damage we would do not only to ourselves but to the perception of the west ! wiseguy !

Guest swirlundergrounder

What's really unfortunate about this is Tillman didn't want any press or publicity and he just wanted to do his duty honorably. Now that he died, the media is totally ignoring this honorable mans wish by giving him the media coverage that he never wanted which takes away attention from the other unknown soldiers who also die around the world...

He is an honorable person and is a great example for the rest of us who live our lives with the belief that honor is one of the more important things in life rather than..a football contract, money, fame, glory etc.....

I think the media needs to stop airing coverage about him and honor a dead soldiers wish.....