Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G interview

V. Barbarino

Guest AlanS

It was a pretty decent interview !

Good interview...great answer:

"House! I think it basically all comes back to that... wether it is tribal, deep, progressive... whatever... it’s all House... I think all the labeling of house music has hurt more than it has helped... My theory is I play records that I like, period, I never limit myself to a certain genre, I play records that I think are good... House is the foundation!"

Guest klit

exactly.... I'm 27, and would like to hear the tracks from the old days when clubbing was much better..

Space 4th year Annivesary is very soon. If I remember correctly for their 3rd year annivesary it was a classics night and up to now one of my top 3 nights ever at space. Hopefully the annivesary party is a classics night. It's not just about hearing old songs for the sake of them being old, its about discovering how house music evolved over the years as well.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah but I wish DJ's would mix in more classics in their mix. I know House has to evolve and that acourse DJ like to play new material. But their is something about classics that bring elements of past clubbing moments back to life again. I wish more DJs would play classics in their sets but a lot of them seem to shy away from them.

So bring the classics back! 8)

Guest biznation00

Props...

never a dull moment with O.G.!

Wishin' Ralph & him the best in Bringin' us their MURK label! :)

ps. Pretty SICK stuff this past Saturday in the Mainroom.

Guest bcnjunkie

it depends what classics you are talking about !, if you go back to the roots of house (from mid 80's) the sound is almost disco and soulful voices. People here won't go for it (even though it's a great sound). John Julius Knight and Brian Tappert played lots of classics at the Soulfuric in the house party at Nerve and I didn't see an overwhelming crowd willing to hear that sound. Who cares if it's new or old, Oscar G sound fresh and spins a nice mix of his own production, import and us labels.