Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats up with Pure Nightclub?

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

Whats going on with this club, last time I heard there was a rumor the club was going to get rushed by the police because they were trying to exceed the time limits of their Liquor serving by trying to be an afterhours club. So any information on any events in the future, it looks like a club who has potential but it has been mighty quiet recently with no promotion ect. Anybody can spread the beans to me on this venue, I thought the rooftop terrace view of downtown miami looks amazing in my view.

Guest pod

Well, the place is in a difficult position. They're in Brickell for one, which is a very wealthy business and residential area. Historically, all the clubs (and there have been many...) that have made a go at that building have had to keep it to a dull roar after a certain hour.

Secondly, it is outside the designated entertainment district. No one has come clean about their licensing.

Thirdly, it is only open for private events right now unless some enterprising promoter can make a go at it. From what I can see, any decent promoter in town has a job already, so it is unlikely that the place will see a consistent night anytime soon. I wish them the best, but I don't expect much at the moment.

Guest LeVeL

Well I am asking because Baby Anne is suppose to be there the 05.29.04 Pure (Miami, FL), it says it in her tour date. Well just wanted to ask since it been really quiet on their end. I guess we scared them off the website andd they dont want to promote their event this site...lol ;D

Guest web_norah

i thought Pure got chopped

i went for the Puff Daddy event during wmc and that was a PURE joke. so chaotic and full of it. at that point i should have gone to a dark place, the daylight imagery was too scary for that time in the morning

Guest LeVeL

What was going on that day Norah? So you dont like the view of the terrace overlooking the city. I love the view when it is night but with the rays of the sun hitting your face I can imagine people running inside like vampires.

Guest web_norah

what was wrong? uhm, lets see, i was bringing a friend dj that travelled from far to play at Pure and noone knew what was going on...so he never played. i didnt dislike the terrace, the people in attendance were very strange, maybe it was the time of the day and to make matters worse, the room where Felix the Housecat and E Morillo were playing in, was so dark, you couldnt see past the person in front of you......from time to time, i saw Puff Daddy jumping up and down, no shirt on! i dont know how to phrase it but it but overall, it was one ugly picture at Pure.

in order to make Pure work and be safe, that venue needs some major work...and a competent team running it.

Guest LeVeL

Thats some good constructive critisism on your part atleast you didn't bash the hell out of them. They good room for improvement I just wonder if they will ever make it to that point of improvement. Till this day I dont even know who their residents are so everything is a mystery with that place.

Guest JMT

What was going on that day Norah? So you dont like the view of the terrace overlooking the city. I love the view when it is night but with the rays of the sun hitting your face I can imagine people running inside like vampires.

just leaving space in the morning and seeing buses drive by full of little kids screaming on their way to school.

Guest LeVeL

Its certainly a wake up call telling you , welcome to the real world once again. I hate that feeling after being spaced out for all those hours you come out and your back at it again.

just leaving space in the morning and seeing buses drive by full of little kids screaming on their way to school.

imagine how those kids felt!

i feel like a loser who wastes his whole weekend when I use to stay out till 9am.. I haven't done it in well over a year.. The worst is the SF in nyc. Monday morning at 4am, is when some would leave the club. While the real successful people are in their last hours of sleep of the weekend ready to start the work week.

Guest web_norah

nothing wrong with staying out late, if you can balance a real job, party and not lose your braincells.....not every weekend. i hold no regrets for having a good time ...but if you are losing focus, then it is time to get it together :-X

nothing wrong with staying out late, if you can balance a real job, party and not lose your braincells.....not every weekend. i hold no regrets for having a good time ...but if you are losing focus, then it is time to get it together :-X

fact is 80% of those who stay out that late do drugs.. no doubt about it...

Guest shannon_coolj.

saleen's right. the only person i know who doesn't do drugs and stays out all night is pod.

i know it's his job but damn...i don't know how he does it. me and my girlfriends are usually sleepy by 3 or 4.

i guess i'm getting old-i used to stay out until noon the next day!

:'(

Guest web_norah

i dont know where you get your 80% from but either way, what people do to their bodies isnt my business or anyone's, if partying interferes with your ability to succeed, then you're in trouble.

besides, Shannon said it, lots of people that stay out late dont necessarily do drugs, like Pod for example....

Guest pod

Lots of Red Bull, Space Fuel, and Impulse Extreme Triple Strength. That and having something to do (point my camera at things) helps as well.

It's odd, I think it has fucked up my metabolic rate. I'm lethargic without huge amounts of caffine. Either that or daylight hours just bore me to death.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah I agree you either on drugs or your taking it slow during the night by not dancing or not drinking every jager or pint coming your way. Thats what I usually do when I wanna stay out for afterhours, i try to not dance a sandstorm because if I do my legs would fall out by 7 am. But I agree with Interview Junkie and Saleen its truly embarassing coming out and seeing people begining their day while your ending yours, then you spend all those hours sleeping which makes your whole day a waste in itself, its sad but true.

Guest web_norah

i dont think it is that depressing to see daylight when you come out from the club sometimes.....and i stress the word SOMETIMES - and if you're doing that more than once a week, thats a whole other story

Guest JMT

Some nights I do stay out all night and morning, and drink every pint and jager that comes my way 8)

thats the best way to do it in my book. ;)

some of the crack heads do friday after hours, then sat space after hours, then would go to union lounge then over to nikkis...

now some do nv, after hours, then space afterhours, then over to Nerve..

and i'd say 99% of them are on drugs. The human body can't party that much, and all the red bulls and therma pros will make you crash after a while... BTW I should point out my therma pros which enable me to stay out till 7am ish If I choose to do so, have illegal efedra in them, a DRUG! So whether it's a legal drug or not, they are still doing some sort of substance to stay up late.

Guest web_norah

well then those crack*** choose to do that and thats their prerrogative (not i or anyone to judge what they want to do)....and i dont believe everyone is on drugs.

Guest durrtylexx

I dunno man I use to party a few years ago.And I do it every once in a blue moon.Its all good in my book, if you want to eat a pill to party all night or do a line of coke,whatever man.I barely go out anymore, and I if I were to go to Space I have to take a nap and then I'll go out there.Personally I dont like wasting my days, I enjoy having a normal scedule.

some of the crack heads do friday after hours, then sat space after hours, then would go to union lounge then over to nikkis...

Thats some sick sh*t.But hey you only live once. I just hope these people are driving around safely! 8)