Clubplanet Nightlife Community

5/7/04 Ritual @ Nerve w/Charles Feelgood

Guest RitualEvents

Guest RitualEvents

one more day.... charles feelgood is gonna be rockin' the party at nerve....

Guest lyrik

Its a shame I don't think there will be a big turnout...Miami is always tough on certain DJs for some reason. Feelgood is a sick DJ and I bet that place will be half full at best . You can't charge admission at a club that regularily gives gueslist....especially to people on cooljunkie and clubplanet. They expect it. That and a lot of people are just not knowledgable about music. Charles is on of the better techincal DJs out there and could blow away 90% of the competition on track selection alone...but he also adds flair and tricks and always kills it. I feelbad for feelgood :-[

Guest r3nz0

Its a shame I don't think there will be a big turnout...Miami is always tough on certain DJs for some reason. Feelgood is a sick DJ and I bet that place will be half full at best . You can't charge admission at a club that regularily gives gueslist....especially to people on cooljunkie and clubplanet. They expect it. That and a lot of people are just not knowledgable about music. Charles is on of the better techincal DJs out there and could blow away 90% of the competition on track selection alone...

werd!

I feelbad for feelgood :-[

LOL

Guest demo909

Its a shame I don't think there will be a big turnout...Miami is always tough on certain DJs for some reason. Feelgood is a sick DJ and I bet that place will be half full at best . You can't charge admission at a club that regularily gives gueslist....especially to people on cooljunkie and clubplanet. They expect it. That and a lot of people are just not knowledgable about music. Charles is on of the better techincal DJs out there and could blow away 90% of the competition on track selection alone...but he also adds flair and tricks and always kills it. I feelbad for feelgood :-[

your right this party will be dead.....shame

Guest lyrik

I mean honestly...they are going to lose most of the crowd just because of the admission....most of miami really doesn't have a clue about Charles and who is gonna pay money to go see a DJ they have never seen just on the advise of others....they rather go to the Spaces, Crobars and even Privilege where they know they will be among lots of other people and get in for free. Its just sad that the bigger clubs don't book these DJs to allow people to be informed about music...but I guess if ain't broke why fix it. Kinda like the Cubs...year in and year out they lose...but that stadium is always packed because its the place to be....they may not have the best players or team...but they certainly have the best crowd and people are always going to go where the crowd is at...who wants to go to a party where there isn't going to be many people....music [iMO] is secondary for the majority of Miami club goers.

Guest vaughan
music [iMO] is secondary for the majority of Miami club goers.

Sooo sad but 1000% True! Would rather be "cool" than "kewl".. Y'know wha I mean!

Guest demo909

I mean honestly...they are going to lose most of the crowd just because of the admission....most of miami really doesn't have a clue about Charles and who is gonna pay money to go see a DJ they have never seen just on the advise of others....they rather go to the Spaces, Crobars and even Privilege where they know they will be among lots of other people and get in for free. Its just sad that the bigger clubs don't book these DJs to allow people to be informed about music...but I guess if ain't broke why fix it. Kinda like the Cubs...year in and year out they lose...but that stadium is always packed because its the place to be....they may not have the best players or team...but they certainly have the best crowd and people are always going to go where the crowd is at...who wants to go to a party where there isn't going to be many people....music [iMO] is secondary for the majority of Miami club goers.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head.......you are so right

Guest pod

Not for nothing, but there was a sizable list tonight. People got in somehow.

The crowd was small, maybe 100 people at any given moment from 1-4 AM, but everyone knew what was up.

I'm impressed...this is the second time I heard Charles...first time around was 2 years ago at Spin, wasn't impressed...this time around, it was classic. Charles is in my top ten of DJs right now.

The obvious discussion came up on the ride home...that Miami is largely about "where you are" as opposed to the music or the DJs....

I'm fortunate that my line of work takes me to see various styles of events. I can be found at an Aquabooty event, Oscar at Space, a big epic superstar DJ at Space, Edgar at crobar, Stryke at Privilege, hell, next Friday I'm gonna check out Dieselboy and my neighbor, DJ Ben Matrix, at I/O.

FYI: I'm not told where to go, I pick which events to shoot.

But anyway, that's my suggestion..take a break from your routine once in awhile, and check out someone else's scene. If you're a househead, go see Edgar at crobar...it is a lot of fun, trust me! If you're an angry trancer like Damon, saddle on up to an Aquabooty party, or a Lust party. You might come out drunk and in a good mood! I'm not a drum n bass person, but I'm gonna see what Dieselboy does...plus I'm a big promoter of Downtown Miami, it's about time I acted it :)

Hell, I pick on Bling all the time, but he's been going to just about anything with a kick drum these days...

BCN will have a total review of Charles, btw! 8)

Guest lyrik

The crowd was small, maybe 100 people at any given moment from 1-4 AM, but everyone knew what was up.

I'm impressed...this is the second time I heard Charles...first time around was 2 years ago at Spin, wasn't impressed...this time around, it was classic. Charles is in my top ten of DJs right now.

The obvious discussion came up on the ride home...that Miami is largely about "where you are" as opposed to the music or the DJs....

I'm fortunate that my line of work takes me to see various styles of events. I can be found at an Aquabooty event, Oscar at Space, a big epic superstar DJ at Space, Edgar at crobar, Stryke at Privilege, hell, next Friday I'm gonna check out Dieselboy and my neighbor, DJ Ben Matrix, at I/O.

But anyway, that's my suggestion..take a break from your routine once in awhile, and check out someone else's scene. If you're a househead, go see Edgar at crobar...it is a lot of fun, trust me! If you're an angry trancer like Damon, saddle on up to an Aquabooty party, or a Lust party. You might come out drunk and in a good mood! I'm not a drum n bass person, but I'm gonna see what Dieselboy does...plus I'm a big promoter of Downtown Miami, it's about time I acted it :)

Hell, I pick on Bling all the time, but he's been going to just about anything with a kick drum these days...

I am glad to hear that the night was not a bust. I wish I could have made it out but I am stuck at home all this weekend in the middle of house painting and other work. Charles is definitely in my top ten of DJs too...I await Jorges's review :)

werd hey pod do i hit up a lust party tonite or stryke... no one is answering my lust roll call :( grrrr am i gonna have to go to privilege lol :) not that it will be bad or anything lol

Guest vaughan

Damn brother... how many coats you puttin' on that damn house of yours!? :D You've been painting that damn thing since we met! LOL!

Just playin... I bought my house 2 years agao and I'm still not done... with ANYTHING!

Guest lyrik

[quote author=LyriK link=board=2;threadid=3225;start=0#msg35328 date=1084029759

I wish I could have made it out but I am stuck at home all this weekend in the middle of house painting and other work.

Damn brother... how many coats you puttin' on that damn house of yours!? :D You've been painting that damn thing since we met! LOL!

Just playin... I bought my house 2 years agao and I'm still not done... with ANYTHING!

Yous a funny guy! I am only one man brother. I started last weekend but got caught by the rain and haven't been able to touch it until today....and actually I haven't even started yet. I just got done a whole bunch a yard work so next I am onto the painting beotch! My house is definite work in progress. When I bought I re-did the entire inside every room re-painted...new doors, tile blah blah. Now I am working on the exterior...next will be landscaping after the painting. I figure oh in about year or 2 more I will have it the way I want .....just in time to sell it...move into a bigger house and start all over again...damn...I can't believe I just realized that is exactly what is going to happen. I need some migrant workers....$2 dollar an hour please!

Guest mursa

You must also take into consideration the Economic situation of alot of the clubbers nowadays (america in general)........ the days of partying from thur-sun are over , people gotta somewhat nit-pick their outtings .

You must also take into consideration the Economic situation of alot of the clubbers nowadays (america in general)........ the days of partying from thur-sun are over , people gotta somewhat nit-pick their outtings .

welcome to cooljunkie...you'll soon see that you're wrong with this statement here ;)

Guest pod

Well, all things considered, most of the events mentioned have a list of sorts....so economic reasons aren't really an excuse...

Guest mursa

well pod........Entrance into the club is not the biggest expense one has when going out (it's merely one) ....Im more or less refering to drinks and other clubbing expensis .

What good is getting in for free , if you'll only have around 40$ to spend ?

Guest mursa

welcome to cooljunkie...you'll soon see that you're wrong with this statement here ;)

Well , maybe your better off financially hence you can afford to go ...unfortunatly i gotta be somewhat responsible (bills etc ) ..and only go out when im Guaranteed a good time ...not much going out for the sake of going out anymore .

Guest mursa

forty bucks will get you a few shots and a beer...enough to get ya goin' ;D

To get me going yea i agree ........but you definetly won't catch me @ 10-11am at the patio with only 40$ of liquor under my skin . :D

Guest Cosmigonon

To get me going yea i agree ........but you definetly won't catch me @ 10-11am at the patio with only 40$ of liquor under my skin . :D

I hear you brother. I don't like going out only for the sake of going out, I only do it when I know I'm gonna have a good time. 40 bucks of liquor will get you started but in a couple of hours you'll end up just where you started :(

Guest durrtylexx

me]

I hear you brother. I don't like going out only for the sake of going out, I only do it when I know I'm gonna have a good time. 40 bucks of liquor will get you started but in a couple of hours you'll end up just where you started :(

Gentleman you are absolutely correct! I'm waiting for Space next week the anniversary party and the Frankie Knuckles party to go out again... :P I like having atleast $100 in my pocket for an evening.And if I take a female w[me=Weston1010]then I need another $100..everything adds up parking, gas, entrace, tips, ciggs, booze, breakfast, tylenol and h2o lol.....South Beach aint cheap.... [/me]

Guest lyrik

me]

Gentleman you are absolutely correct! I'm waiting for Space next week the anniversary party and the Frankie Knuckles party to go out again... :P I like having atleast $100 in my pocket for an evening.And if I take a female w[me=Weston1010]then I need another $100..everything adds up parking, gas, entrace, tips, ciggs, booze, breakfast, tylenol and h2o lol.....South Beach aint cheap.... [/me]

Wrong wrong wrong...you are all wrong... :P

#1 Get yourself a cooler and ice....stop and get beer (6pack to whatever...the most you should spend is $6 to $15 bucks.

#2 Guestlist (FREE)

#3 Get down to the beach early pound the drinks in the cooler.

#4 Go to places that offer complimentary drinks (usually anywhere from 10 to 12 midnight...in rare cases 1am)

#5 Parking...hopefully a meter..but at the most $10 bucks.

#6 Bring only $30 dollars to drink in the club. Make sure if you are ordering beers..get the cheaper ones....beer is beer when you are looking to get drunk...unless its old milwaukee or something like that, but no club serves anything less than budlight/miller light. Consolidate on tips....instead of buying just one beer at a time and leaving a tip every time...buy 2 or take turns with a friend on buying a couple. Or open a tab...and leave a respectable tip, which will probably be less than if you were tipping after every drink with cash.

***If you are still worried about not getting the buzz you want I have one word for you.... FLASK. get a pint of whatever you drink (my personal favorite that always gets the job done...151) and hit that in the bathroom or any dark place in a club. You could also just buy a couple of cokes and do a 50/50 high ball. If all else fails make sure you have good friends that will buy a drink here and there to keep you going.

If you perfect the pre-party by no time you will find yourselves spending no more than $30 to $50 bucks a night...in some cases even less.

Or you can just go the very cheap route and be a head for a night and start doing drugs....its funny when the drugs cost less than drinks in clubs. You could probably throw 3 pills down your throught for the price of 2 beers with tip or snort yourself silly for the cost of parking and a six pack. :o ::)

Oh and stop going to high price mega clubs that basically turn you over and do you dry on the cost of drinks....$10 bucks for a beer better come with quick massage and a happy ending.