Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will Broward/WPB Fans go to see the Marlins?

V. Barbarino

Will Broward/WPB fans come down to the Orange bowl area to watch Marlins games?  

1. 1. Will Broward/WPB fans come down to the Orange bowl area to watch Marlins games?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

They both can come see them.......its only I95 south and then take 836(Dolphin Expressway) and get off on 12 street and your there. In my opinion thats not far at all. If anythingit would make it more convenient for people to get here since all they are taking is highways and not going Local. I believe if your a real fan you will come anyways their is enough fans in Broward and Dade to pack that stadium.

They both can come see them.......its only I95 south and then take 836(Dolphin Expressway) and get off on 12 street and your there. In my opinion thats not far at all. If anythingit would make it more convenient for people to get here since all they are taking is highways and not going Local. I believe if your a real fan you will come anyways their is enough fans in Broward and Dade to pack that stadium.

add an extra 35 -40 mins drive to a "foreign" country, which is not kid friendly, highway friendly nor parking friendly..

Guest LeVeL

I understand Saleen but your driving in the highway which in my opinion you wont find the crazy drivers that are in your local streets. Hey its something people are going to tend to live with we either were gonna have to build a stadium to keep the team here or build it in Palm beach where the Miami and some part of broward wont benefit from it. So its one or the other sometimes we cant have it the way we want it. I believe it would of been a better site to have the stadium in downtown Miami next to the American Airlines Arena.

I understand Saleen but your driving in the highway which in my opinion you wont find the crazy drivers that are in your local streets. Hey its something people are going to tend to live with we either were gonna have to build a stadium to keep the team here or build it in Palm beach where the Miami and some part of broward wont benefit from it. So its one or the other sometimes we cant have it the way we want it. I believe it would of been a better site to have the stadium in downtown Miami next to the American Airlines Arena.

people will drive an hour to the bronx to see the Yanks, but no shot at these people commign down from up here. If the stadium isn't next to pro player, then they should not build it at all.. that simple..

Guest LeVeL

Well its going to Happen and if you or anybody out there calls themselves a real Marlin fan you would come see them.

what, you think the cubans don't love their baseball? ???

tu loco, meng.

they don't support now, the Marlins lost 20 mill last year with young players who play for peanuts. Broward and WPB folks don't want to go to little cuba to watcha baseball game. The marlins just cut off all the fans who have money.

Guest coach

Yeah, like I really want them to use $150 mill of our tax money to build a stupid sports stadium. That's a good use of public funds, right. What a bunch of dumbasses. Like Miami does not have better things to spend money on.

As far as the question goes, I really think it will be determined by access to highway and parking. If they build it close to the freeway and put in a nice huge parking garage so that people do not have to drive all over downtown to get there and find a parking space, then I think you will see more people from up north driving down. Of course, they won't do that, so the people won't show up.

Also, it depends on safety. If they clean the area up and put in plenty of guards and safety measures, then that will encourage more of the white folk from up north to come down. But, they won't do that either.

From all that I've read, the people involved in this project are iiiiiiiiiiiiiidiots of the highest degree. I expect there to be massive cost and time overruns, extraordinarily poor planning, and huge waste and fraud. I wish the Marlins would just back up their smack talk and leave. Bunch of prima donnas. But then again, I think all pro sports are the biggest scam and waste of money in the country.

Guest JMT

i might have to agree with saleen here, WPB fans will be "less" likely to come down to a game thats in the ghetto area where the orange bowl is. especially for a night game.

but having their OWN ballpark will eliminate revenue losses. thats why the team lost money last year, they get almost no revenue from pro-player stadium, they have to pay rent to use it. so it stupid to cite a loss on last year as having any relevance to a future park. that and the fact they were god awful for half the season. even so, attendance was up 69% from 02 to 03. AND the new park will have a retractable roof, which will eliminate the weather factor, which, during a Marlins survey, was cited as a main reason palm beach fans dont always come down now.

attendance is much higher this year. they are 13th in the league for avg attendance, with a 86% fuctional capacity average. on the weekends they get 45,000+ fans.

see:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

this is just a lame attempt by a yankee fan to somehow take some shots at marlins fans since we worked you last year. deal with it. yankees blow.

Guest JMT
But then again, I think all pro sports are the biggest scam and waste of money in the country.

everything related to the new stadium is/will be taxed. sounds like someone was always picked last in dodge ball.

Guest LeVeL

everything related to the new stadium is/will be taxed. sounds like someone was always picked last in dodge ball.

LOL........John ;D ;):)

Guest guyman1966

Anyone want to talk about the $60 million a year that Wayne H. gets from the state to make Baseball renevations to Joe Robbie? Even when the Marlins leave, Wayne's deal was $2 mil per year for 30 years.

Oh - and btw - it only cost him $6 mil total.

Guest guyman1966

Oh - and to reply to the subject of the thread -

Everyone will show for a winning team.

If people flocked to see the Panthers and Heat in that Shithole Miami Arena - they'll go to a nice new ballpark for the Marlins.

Guest JMT

Anyone want to talk about the $60 million a year that Wayne H. gets from the state to make Baseball renevations to Joe Robbie? Even when the Marlins leave, Wayne's deal was $2 mil per year for 30 years.

Oh - and btw - it only cost him $6 mil total.

he owned both teams and the stadium at the time.... getting paid money to make money. thats a true businessman.

If people flocked to see the Panthers and Heat in that Shithole Miami Arena - they'll go to a nice new ballpark for the Marlins.

welcome to 2004. No jordan, no magic, no larry bird, no detriot bad boys, no ewing, no starks, miller no nothing. Then look at hockey, wayne and mario are gone, and the sport in on the verge of collapse. What you witnessed back then, was in a different era in sports. now the nba can't sell out playoff games, and hockey is going bye bye.

On top of that, wpb, broward counties are filled with people who hate dade county. Not racist, just the truth, and you know it. No white middle class family wants to head down there for anything. Those are the facts, and sometimes the facts are hard to accept by people who want this so bad, they make bad deals, and bad decsions. aka Jeffery Lori...

Guest JMT

hockey has overexpanded, the true talent is spread thin and it waters down the league. they need to contract some teams, but wont.

basketball needs a few more superstars but they will eventually come.

but guyman is totally right, people will put up with a lot for a winning team.

Guest LeVeL

Your on point there Guyman the people will come no matter how racist they are in Broward Countty eventhough I dont belive the people there aren't

hockey has overexpanded, the true talent is spread thin and it waters down the league. they need to contract some teams, but wont.

basketball needs a few more superstars but they will eventually come.

but guyman is totally right, people will put up with a lot for a winning team.

how many times has the cubs or boxsox won in the last 75 years? Winning is a bad judge of how a team performes financialy...

Guest LeVeL

Well those Team are like a tradition in their respective towns, they have been there for 100's of years they are like city landmarks to them. But in other city Baseball teams are just that a team they need to win to get people to go to the stadium and make their funds.