Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cinco de Mayo Reviews

Guest r3nz0

Guest r3nz0

So I decided to head over to Cancun Grill in Miami Lakes. I got to drinking (no shit, right?) with a couple of buddies of mine. Party was ok until some girls fought, and the po-po closed the party down. :-\

And of course, then more people fought (which prompted the entire U.S. southeastern police force to come). I felt like I was in middle school all over again. ???

This is when I saw Lisaloca. Both her and me weren't feeling the crowd.

Then I headed to FIU South to meet up with a few friends, and then we tried to go to Chevy's. When we got there however, it was closed down too; I saw a couple of guys in handcuffs, but I'm not sure if they were the reason it was closed or not.

Someone who went can hopefully enlighten us.

So all in all, an ok night.

BUT WHEN ARE PEOPLE GONNA ACT THEIR AGE?! >:(

Guest demo909

Me and a lot of friends bypassed Senoir Frogs on the beach and hit up Rancho Grande on Lincoln rd instead. What a blast. They blocked off the street, were serving $3 coronas, free margaritas, $1 cuervo shots a full mariachi band and dancers drag queens street artist, the works!!......needless to say I'm pretty much cross eyed this morning ;D

DUDE!!! I was at Cancun, too. I go every year, that sh*t happens every year. People act their age? Well....the majority of people there were under 20. So, they pretty much acted their age. There was quite a police force, I must agree with you there, pretty funny. Oh well, by that time I was obliterated and stumbled back to my friend's house. It was like a high school reunion for me there. A good birthday, I must say. God, I love margaritas.

Guest LeVeL

Well I am glad you started this thread Renzo....because I was going to start one myself.

Well I happened to go to Chevy's after work around 8:30pm and let me tell you what a blast I had. I have been going to Chevy's for two years in a row now and every year it gets better and more packed. I was actually thinking of going to Senor Frogs in the grove but last year when I tried to go the fire marshall was not letting any people in, so this year I am not dealing with that.

So back to Chevy's....let me explain the set up, they had a big Tent which was sponsored by the Beat 103.5 and EL Zol 95. In this tent they had a Dj set up which they were mixing everything from salsa,bachata,merengue,hip hop, reggaeton, old school freestyle. Now this is a restaurant, and they had tables outside which were selling beer,tequila shots, martinis, ect. inside the restaurant they had another DJ set up playing the same format as outside.

Now Chevy's must of been packed with the most beautiful girls in Miami cause it was nothing but quality the Mami's were definetely out tonight. I went with my cousins and friends so we had our own little spot outside. Unfortunately we were one of the few who actually brought our own beers because they weren't giving up enough tequila in their servings of it.

The vibe in this "Cinco De Mayo" party was definetely very cool, you could either go to the tent or go inside to shake your bon-bon or you could just chill out and drink your beer while you talk to your people's, the setting was very, very cool. This is probably one of the funnest, "Cinco de Mayo" parties I have ever gone too.

I drank like I was Mexican not a Mexicant on this day, my liver was on overdrive baby. I drank 6 beers, 3 double dose tequila shots, and I had me a martini just to break the ice. And the best part of the party is that I got me a new freak to add to my reputual, so it was nothing but pluses for me on this date.

I will recommend this party for all you people who didn't attend it this year, hopefully next year you wont make the mistake of going anywhere else. I had such a good night that I have a beautiful hangover this morning at work. So this means my day will just get better as it progresses.

Guest JMT

DUDE!!! I was at Cancun, too. I go every year, that sh*t happens every year. People act their age? Well....the majority of people there were under 20. So, they pretty much acted their age. There was quite a police force, I must agree with you there, pretty funny. Oh well, by that time I was obliterated and stumbled back to my friend's house. It was like a high school reunion for me there. A good birthday, I must say. God, I love margaritas.

LOL

glad to hear you had a good one Ryan.

LOL

glad to hear you had a good one Ryan.

wish you were there, dude! we gotta meet up again

Guest coach

Me and a lot of friends bypassed Senoir Frogs on the beach and hit up Rancho Grande on Lincoln rd instead. What a blast. They blocked off the street, were serving $3 coronas, free margaritas, $1 cuervo shots a full mariachi band and dancers drag queens street artist, the works!!......needless to say I'm pretty much cross eyed this morning ;D

Dang! I wish I'd known. We stopped by about 9:30 or so after the commission meeting, but it was a THREE HOUR wait to get a table and we were freaking starving, so we just wandered down to Nexxt. And right next to Nexxt they were having a jazz concert in the band shell as part of the JVC Jazz Fest. It was very cool.

Guest trancelator

Glad you had a good B-day, Ryan. Sounds like you did it good and proper.

Guest web_norah

my 5 de mayo review is plain, it boils down to watching yet another awesome episode of a TRIO tv documentary about the fabulous Tori Amos coupled with a nice bucket of Hagen Daz ice cream......very healthy for you.

Guest LeVeL

Well its a Mexican Holiday if you want to celebrate it then its your choice. Its just like Halloween a lot of people celelbrate but then you have your people who dont.

Guest coach

Yeah, Mexican holidays are the best. You want to talk about off the f-ing hook, these folks KNOW how to party. Don't believe me? Go to San Antonio for May 5. The whole freaking city basically shuts down and parties. We need more stuff like that.

Guest klit

my 5 de mayo review is plain, it boils down to watching yet another awesome episode of a TRIO tv documentary about the fabulous Tori Amos coupled with a nice bucket of Hagen Daz ice cream......very healthy for you.

Nice review, almost same as mine. Minus the tori amos and instead the oc then lakers vs spurs.

Guest MAGGIE69

i celebrated w/my cervezas & my marlins @ proplayer.....

great game.....another win for the marlins......

Guest antonio

This cinco de mayo is overrated.

Hi and Welcome to the board.

Please note that you must change your name within the next 24 hours as it is much too similiar to mine and people will get us confused.

;) Just kidding and Welcome!!!

CrzyC

Carisa

I already had !!! ;D

Guest r3nz0

This cinco de mayo is overrated.

Hey Clarisa. Welcome.

You're already the coolest girl I know whose name starts with a C and ends with an A.

LOL

:P ;D