Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone know when Deep Dish will be back @ Space ?

AndrewChibale

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

The only time I've enjoyed them LIVE was when they dropped "seven nation army" at Space....I think it was last year.

Other than that....they really have been disapointing.

Yo I remember that day like it was yesterday...hearing that remix of Seven Nation Army on those Space speakers was definetely heaven to me. That was the only bright spot that night and it was the last time I went to see them too.

Guest klit

I love sharam of deep dish, one of my favorite djs. Bring them back down. I do prefer their sets outside of space though, heard sharam at this lounge in dc once and it is up to now one of my favorite sets ever.

Morillo also the bomb in my top 5, love his sets at space and crobar. He knows how to rock every room he plays in.

The weekend he comes down, all my plans are automatically canceled,lol. ;D ;D ;D The man knows his shit. I wish Little Louie Vega would come down as well, those two pair up nicely.

Where have you been, haven't seen ya on the boards lately!

Just been really busy man. we'll chill one of these days though.

Guest klit

hopefully not for a while

great GU compilations

boring live

Thats true for many people, danny tenaglia for one :P

Guest web_norah

Any ideas when Morillo is back @ Space?? Is he all summer in Ibiza??

Morillo leaves to Ibiza in 3 weeks, gone all summer long, if anything he does a NYC gig once ...

DT isnt boring live, i honestly think a 5 yr long residency doesnt make DT as *boring*, get a grip!

Guest klit

Any ideas when Morillo is back @ Space?? Is he all summer in Ibiza??

Morillo leaves to Ibiza in 3 weeks, gone all summer long, if anything he does a NYC gig once ...

DT isnt boring live, i honestly think a 5 yr long residency doesnt make DT as *boring*, get a grip!

Was buggin u since u always defendin him on the board. Thats y i put the :P

Guest web_norah

just bugging me eh?

i was clearing *cough* *cough* my throat about DT then :)

anyone else?

Guest durrtylexx

I can't wait to see Deep Dish again, they're near the top of my list, for sure. They ain't boring live, you all are crazy. Deep Dish RAAAAAAAAAWKS

Every time I see Deep Dish they get better and better.Sharam tore the patio up during the WMC. Their cd's are funky and grooved out bad ass prog house.IMO I like them better than Saeed and Palash they're up there with Murk!!

Guest ramon

they aint deep anymore .. they are progdish now .. and they lost the plots .. they have done nothing like that first album or even like stay gold or chocalate city love chords.

Guest web_norah

i agree with Ramon, Deep Dish have lost it in terms of spinning good live sets....their last "deep" compilation attempt, Penetrate Deeper was aight but it clearly is much different than their looooooonggggg proggy stufffff.....all jokes aside, their teaming up with Rennaissance and hosting thur nights at Pacha Ibiza. (smart move, smart people).

**wow so people say nice things about me Andrew, :o

last night i wasnt feeling well thats why i didnt make it to Crobar

Guest durrtylexx

i agree with Ramon, Deep Dish have lost it in terms of spinning good live sets....their last "deep" compilation attempt, Penetrate Deeper was aight but it clearly is much different than their looooooonggggg proggy stufffff.....all jokes aside, their teaming up with Rennaissance and hosting thur nights at Pacha Ibiza. (smart move, smart people).

**wow so people say nice things about me Andrew, :o

last night i wasnt feeling well thats why i didnt make it to Crobar

Penetrate Deeper is a reissue on Deep Dish's label, Yoshitoshi, of their original 1995 release on Tribal.

Guest web_norah

and thus Penetrate was more of the ORIGINAL Deep Dish sound, and NOT what it is now.....

Guest durrtylexx

and thus Penetrate was more of the ORIGINAL Deep Dish sound, and NOT what it is now.....

Their Toronto mix on GU was decent it has a few tracks, Moscow was good and Yoshique was da bomb!!But sounds change and I think Deep Dish has a sound that continues to change and I like the fact the try new things on each mix.All togehter GU albums have gone down the drain.We expect more and more from DJ's and since we see them perform in person at venues like Space or during the WMC and they blow our minds away with their sets. And then we expect them to do the same with their CD's, & that rarely happens. :P

Guest web_norah

fine so Deep Dish evolved.........

GU compilations are very good, not a chance

on those being dull......

BUT couldnt their sets be a little more lively?

thats not a lot to be asking these days..

Guest durrtylexx

Dubfire's mixing starts off slow but he always builds it up and blows the roof apart, as far as Sharam well he's the man, that dude kicks ass everytime he mixes.

Guest web_norah

sure thing ....i think generally most have been disappointed

by Deep Dish but

if u enjoyed them

i guess it doesnt matter

Guest ramon

I heard one of them after Howells at Space and it was horrrid. Started off with a remix of God Put your Smile on Your face which seemed to have gone on forever and then played some proggy stuff that went absolutely nowhere and they played Sander's Work to Do and I just left. I couldn't take it anymore. They shouldve just let Danny play longer.

I know I wasn't the only one who felt this way.