Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Day After Tomorrow mini-review

Guest nickjunkie

Guest nickjunkie

We caught an advance screening lat night - full review to follow.

If you can suspend disbelief and cynicism for a couple of hours, it's a lot of fun. Not as good as ID4 but a lot better than Godzilla. I'm a big fan of disaster movies so I lapped it up - interested to see what you guys think.

The expected cheesy dialogue and ultra-heroic figures are of course present, but it's the effects that really steal the show...

Guest antonio

I like disaster movies too............they give me a good excuse to live life to the fullest!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

was it anything along the lines of the movie Armeggedon? That movie sucked chef's salty chocolate balls!

Guest swirlundergrounder

If you didn't like Armageddon avoid this.

The thing I didn't like about Armeggedon was the whole Ben Afleck, Bruce Willis cowboy stuff. I loved watching Paris getting blown away and I liked the Premise of the moviw. I liked "Deep Impact" better than Armeggedon. I'll go see "The Day A-2morrow" anyways.....

Guest shannon_coolj.

but who ever said movies had to be scientifically accurate? they're the movies!

if i wanted accuracy, i'd read stephen hawking or a scientific journal

Guest swirlundergrounder

Saw this last night and I have to say I thought it was decent enough to go see out on the big screen. It wasn't to over the top. The thing I liked about it was the "Dick Chenney" look alike vice president they casted and having him admit that he was wrong. I did have a problem with the fact that the tent that Dennis Quaid was camping out in didn't freeze and with temps down to -125 degrees farenheit they seemed really cozy in that tent after walking 40 miles in the snow in a day. I don't know about you guys but I've walked in some really bad snow storms and it takes a good hour or more just to walk 1 mile......

But other than that I thought it was OK and worth going to see on the big screen for the entertainment value of it....

Guest joeygk

I was willing to dispend my disbelief all the way until the "attack of the killer computer generated wolves while the hero searches for penacilin for the dying pretty girl" story line went into effect. Seriously! ::)

Some of the disaster scenes looked cool but they we too far inbetween all the filler crap.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I was willing to dispend my disbelief all the way until the "attack of the killer computer generated wolves while the hero searches for penacilin for the dying pretty girl" story line went into effect. Seriously! ::)

Some of the disaster scenes looked cool but they we too far inbetween all the filler crap.

Yeah there could have been a lot more disaster scenes in the movie which I thought that I would see. But at least when I left the theather I didn't feel like I wasted my time and money. It could have been better but it also could have been a lot worse....Like that movie 'The Core'.... God that was bad....

Guest joeygk

yeah they shouldn't just went w/ it -- completely over the top - they showed lil' clips from New Dehli & Tokoyo but they should have shown London & Paris frozen over -- as well as Japan destroyed that would have been cool. the dialog was HORRIBLE - i don't know how some of the actors even managed to say their lines w/ a straight face.

Guest swirlundergrounder

yeah they shouldn't just went w/ it -- completely over the top - they showed lil' clips from New Dehli & Tokoyo but they should have shown London & Paris frozen over -- as well as Japan destroyed that would have been cool. the dialog was HORRIBLE - i don't know how some of the actors even managed to say their lines w/ a straight face.

I would have liked to have seen the Golden Gate bridge freeze over and collapse or the great wall of China crumble..Something like that. I do agree that the wolves were a little silly also. They should have had that bear bust into the library or something....

Guest JMT

but who ever said movies had to be scientifically accurate? they're the movies!

if i wanted accuracy, i'd read stephen hawking or a scientific journal

when what you see on the screen is so laughable, its an insult to your intelligence.

Guest demo909

The day after tomorrow wasn't bad at all. My only complaint....those stupid wolves. Could have done with out that.

• 1 year later...
Guest slamminshaun

Other then wanting to stick my tubesteak in that teenage brainiac, I didn't even pay attention it was so bad....