Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US Presidential Election SHOWS NO FAVORITE

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

someone yesterday insisted that Bush was way ahead of Kerry...so let's clarify some points here.....

U.S. Presidential Election Shows No Favorite, USA Today Says

June 24 (Bloomberg) -- Six traditional ways of predicting the outcome of presidential elections show no clear favorite in the November election, USA Today reported.

The idea that a strong economy favors the incumbent gives President George W. Bush an edge, the newspaper reported.

Bush's low job-approval rating, 47 percent in the most recent USA Today/CNN/Gallup Poll, favor likely Democratic nominee, Massachusetts Senator John F. Kerry, the paper said.

Bush has an edge based on the idea that presidents are supported during a war. A tight race in Ohio, traditionally a bellwether state for Republican candidates, favors Kerry.

more on

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=as8sc_j2eKgM&refer=us

Guest shannon_coolj.

yeah, i'm not voting for either of them...

i'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils >:(

Guest web_norah

well i tell you one thing

i'd not vote for Bush

funny thing, Matas was going on about how Bush has majority on polls right now, and to add to injury, polls are so fickle, they change with time and Nov is still undecided as far as i know!

Guest endymion

yeah, i'm not voting for either of them...

i'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils >:(

I beg you to please reconsider. I had an employee who felt like that in 2000. He voted for Nader. It isn't like Bush won the election in the first place but the way that I see it my Nader-voter friend is partly responsible for our country selling out to Halliburton.

Vote "No" on Bush.

Guest web_norah

no voting= cant complain about the state of things in the country

so where are all the pro Bush people? hmmmm

Guest endymion

Here, as far as I'm concerned this makes it pretty simple.

George W Bush made the fatal mistake of believing the neo-con Wolfowitz party line about Iraq being an 'easy' opportunity to expand American influence. The total cost (so far) of his gullibility:

$120,000,000,000 USD

10,000 Iraqi civilian lives

973 coalition military lives

3072 coalition wounded

An increase in terrorist attacks, bringing us to the highest point in two decades

A vastly stengthened Iran, a country with a Taliban-like militant Islamist theocracy that really truly is connected to Al Qaeda

The obliteration of American credibility, after all four points of the Bush doctrine fail.

United States now seen as a perpetrator of war crimes rather than a defender of human liberty.

Was that oil worth it? You going to vote for four more years of this?

Guest web_norah

i dont think Techjunkie is the only ONE that thinks or feels that OIL is the main reason.....

interesting poll results arent they!?

Guest JMT

i dont think Techjunkie is the only ONE that thinks or feels that OIL is the main reason.....

but I know that HE knows better.

funny thing, Matas was going on about how Bush has majority on polls right now, and to add to injury, polls are so fickle, they change with time and Nov is still undecided as far as i know!

add to ur list of defects..cannot read...lol...where did i say he was ahead in all the polls? i said he was up in many polls in relation to months ago...lol...and i did state that in one poll it had Bush over Kerry...lost as usual...

(she obviously ALSO missed where i said..polls dont mean shit anyways...grain of salt)

Guest endymion

I really do think that we wouldn't have gone into Iraq if there were not a profit motive for powerful Washington lobbyists and for people with even stronger connections than lobbyists.

All of the other motives fell apart, if you haven't been paying attention. The only one left is Halliburton.

Democracy? We handed the country to a CIA operative today. The two options for Iraq now are continued existence as an occupied satellite nation or a progression toward Shiite Islamist hard-liners, Iran in other words. If we are fighting for democracy then why did we hand the country over to a CIA operative? Doesn't it seem like maybe that will cause a lot of people to distrust our motives?

Terrorism? We attacked the wrong country. Terrorism is on the rise. Expect a major attack in the US before the election.

Liberation? We brought naked pyramids and oppression to Iraq. There is a mass grave in Fallujah full of 600 people, many women and children, to represent our compassion and our opposition to brutal leaders and genocide.

Expanded American influence? Check.

Increased American riches? Check.

What are people dying for if not oil? Why are people dying if we can't even answer that question?

Guest web_norah

I really do think that we wouldn't have gone into Iraq if there were not a profit motive for powerful Washington lobbyists for for people with even stronger connections than lobbyists.

All of the other motives fell apart, if you haven't been paying attention. The only one left is Halliburton.

Democracy? We handed the country to a CIA operative today. The two options for Iraq now are continued existence as an occupied satellite nation or a progression toward Shiite Islamist hard-liners, Iran in other words. If we are fighting for democracy then why did we hand the country over to a CIA operative? Doesn't it seem like maybe that will cause a lot of people to distrust our motives?

Terrorism? We attacked the wrong country. Terrorism is on the rise. Expect a major attack in the US before the election.

Liberation? We brought naked pyramids and oppression to Iraq. There is a mass grave in Fallujah full of 600 people, many women and children, to represent our compassion and our opposition to brutal leaders and genocide.

Expanded American influence? Check.

Increased American riches? Check.

What are people dying for if not oil? Why are people dying if we can't even answer that question?

i wonder then why the USA didnt get involved in Venezuela ? i often think this is a perfect example....Venezuela poses no threat to the USA yet they are living in a dictatorship......

and then people have the nerve to say, there are no political or economic interests in Iraq and it is all in the name of democracy, as IF!