Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I feel bad for him

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

a tragic american sports star, i think he is/was a product of his enviroment. sure he prob has a screw loose, but can you totally blame people for their mental issues or insanity?

Tyson's "Pathetic" Street Life

Boxer Mike Tyson labels his life a "total waste" now his ruined career has forced him to turn to pals and homeless shelters in a desperate search for a bed. The former heavyweight champion has been living rough since filing for bankruptcy last October and is humiliated the drug dealers he's encountering are more cash rich than him, despite his years of glory in the ring. But Tyson - who has just been handed a lifeline after accepting a $14 Million settlement from promoter Don King - doesn't crave the wealth he once experienced, because it turned him into an animal. He says, "For the past two years, I have been a bum, truly a bum in the streets. I've got nowhere to live. I've been crashing with friends, sleeping in shelters. Unsavory characters are giving me money, and I'm taking it. I need it. The drug dealers, they sympathize with me. They see me as some sort of pathetic character. They have got more money than me. Imagine that. When I had money I was an animal. I wasn't that nice a person. Just because you buy mansions and cars doesn't mean you know what money is worth. I lost it all across the board. My life has been a total waste."

Guest LeVeL

Thats messed up.....I still think he's one of the best heavyweight champs ever to go into a boxing ring. The guy was a show stopper.

Guest JMT

he was orphaned as a boy and lived on the streets, then was taught to beat the living tar out of fully grown men before he was a teenager. the only guardian figure in his life dies, then gets millions thrown at him and worldwide fame. all the while he is getting screwed by his promoters and handlers. he never learned to be an adult. the press loves nothing better than to bash him. add a loose screw into the mix and this is what you get.

Guest durrtylexx

Everyone has shit thrown at them in life.I love the boxer, but he made the wrong decisions as a man.

Guest durrtylexx

i could TOTALLY kick his ass.

I would fight him and get my ass kicked for $$$.

Wasn't he going to fight Bob Sapp???

Guest JMT

he could do permanent if not fatal damage with one shot.

"Mike Tyson once KO'd an opponent leaving him with a fractured jaw, a fractured cheekbone and five missing teeth."

Eddie Richardson, after Tyson dropped him with a right and then flattened him with a slashing left hook, was asked if he had ever been hit so hard.

-"Yeah, about a year ago I was hit by a truck."

Guest durrtylexx

he could do permanent if not fatal damage with one shot.

hmmm well thats a chance I'll have to take... jk :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah I've seen the other side of his story which is tragic. In a way I can understand the reason why he turned out the way he did. But people can change and I hope he does change for the better so that poeple will start to remember his talent in the ring more than his mishaps in his life... Yeah when he was 20-22 he was a monster in the ring but as far as being the greatest ever? I don't know about that one.....He couldn't beat Hollyfield, he didn't beat Lennox.....The only true champion he beat was Spinx.....

Greatest heavyweight ever? Ali.........

Guest Clarisa

Like osmeone previously said..I feel no pity for rich people that lose their wealth. Yes, he had a rough life growing up but many of us, in our own circumstances, had a rough life gorwing up too.

Guest JMT

Like osmeone previously said..I feel no pity for rich people that lose their wealth. Yes, he had a rough life growing up but many of us, in our own circumstances, had a rough life gorwing up too.

BUT you have the ability to think rationally.

Guest Clarisa

Yes, I do think rationally. Ur telling me money made him an irrational person?

Guest JMT

Yes, I do think rationally. Ur telling me money made him an irrational person?

no, but a rational and fully sane person can overcome their adverse situation more easily.

Guest Clarisa

Irrantional and insane person does not think who is more rich than themselves. Most likely all those drugs, prescribed or not, that he took while being rich POBABLY made him irrational and insane.

Guest JMT

Irrantional and insane person does not think who is more rich than themselves. Most likely all those drugs, prescribed or not, that he took while being rich POBABLY made him irrational and insane.

sure, because all crazy people took drugs to get that way.

Guest endymion

JMT, you are as amusing as you are insightful.

And I swear every time I see your sig I laugh out out. It's been there for what a month? My funny bone refuses to be desensitized.

Take a guy who's only skill is punching people in the face and give him unlimited resources to lead a life of compulsion. Watch people he trusts screw him over. Guess what will happen to him. I'd be pretty screwed-up too.

Guest endymion

It seems to me like one of the most likely outcomes of getting punched really hard in the head your whole life would be... mental problems?

I'm not picking on boxers but I mean, your brain is in there. It's delicate.