Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Versace Inheritance...

Guest Clarisa

Guest Clarisa

MILAN, Italy - Allegra Beck, Gianni Versace's favorite niece, turned 18 Wednesday and took possession of the inheritance from her late uncle — 50 percent of the fashion house.

The inheritance had been held in trust since Gianni Versace was gunned down on the front steps of his Miami Beach mansion on July 15, 1997, when she was 11.

While the company has remained under family control, it is laden with debt. Before his death, Gianni had planned to put the company on the stock market, but then everything had been placed on hold until Allegra's 18th birthday.

She is the daughter of Gianni's sister Donatella, the company's designer, and ex-model Paul Beck.

Allegra and her brother Daniela often attended their uncle's fashion shows, but after Gianni's violent death the children were kept from the public spotlight.

Allegra didn't appear at the Versace menswear collection Sunday night or at the party afterward at the family's downtown palazzzo that was attended by actress Catherine Zeta-Jones.

But she did appear at an early birthday party this month at a Milan nightclub.

Giorgio Armani, a conservative designer known for his rivalry with the flamboyant Gianni Versace, said he didn't know Allegra personally but heard she was "mature and serious."

"I hope she can bring the house back to the splendor of the years when her uncle was around," he told the Associated Press after his Emporio showing Wednesday.

Allegra has told friends she wants to study acting in New York. Unlike children of other families such as Missoni, Ferragamo and Biagiotti, she has so far shown no interest in following the family's fashion footsteps.

In an interview Wednesday in Finanza & Mercati, interim chief executive Daniele Ballestrazzi was quoted as saying that Allegra has decided to become "a full-fledged shareholder."

A board meeting scheduled Monday may shed light on future decisions.

Guest LeVeL

Dam those kids are so lucky......just imagine how much money that versace empire is already worth. Those kids are set for life.

Guest durrtylexx

Must be nice.... Thats the only reason why I ponder the idea of reincarnation...The rich fockers, are just born into the right family and bam they're automatic millionaires.. Must be nice..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcnjunkie

Does she get the Mansion on Ocean Drive? Do the Versace's even still own that house?

???

sold a while back !

Guest macboy

and said to become a members only type of club a-la SOHO House in NY

This calls for the trademarked Norah smiley: ::)

No need for that type of club on Ocean Drive. He should do something else with the place.

Guest coach

My understanding is that it is going to be part museum, part high-class banquet-hall. Also, I was under the impression that the ownership still rested with the Versace estate. Or possibly the city. Who owns it now?

Guest Clarisa

My understanding is that it is going to be part museum, part high-class banquet-hall. Also, I was under the impression that the ownership still rested with the Versace estate. Or possibly the city. Who owns it now?

According to an article I read it was sold in 2000 to Peter Loftin, a telecommunications billionare from NC.