Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saudi men hold hands walking down the street?

Guest endymion

Guest endymion

From an article in Time this week, "Life as a Target in a Besieged Kingdom"

A Saudi businessman says he now advises his Western friends on how to walk inconspicuously. "Don't walk like you are going somewhere," he tells them. "Here we walk like we're not going anywhere. We saunter as if we have nowhere to go." And, he advises them, if you're walking with another man, hold his hand, as Saudis do. "That makes you look more authentic," he says.

Huwhat? Saudi men hold hands walking down the street? WTF?

Guest pod

That'd be difficult for me, since I walk like I'm on a mission. I hate the "transit time", I just want to be where I need to go, like now. Explains my affinity for fast modes of transport...

OK, I'll now pause while Techjunkie tells me I'm gonna kill myself if I buy a bike.

Though scientists say that teleportation may be viable by 2050.

Guest siuol_leahcim

Though scientists say that teleportation may be viable by 2050.

It would be all fun and games until someone would get beamed with their head on backwards.....

sorry for the Spaceballs reference....couldn't help myself.....carry on.... ;D

Guest shannon_coolj.

Yes Pod, now that I think about it, PLEASE don't buy a bike cause you will kill yourself.

You'll be speeding along, see a beautiful woman, and whilst grabbing your camera, you'll crash.

It's bound to happen, everytime you get on the bike.

Guest guyman1966

The "Men Holding Hands" thing is an Arab custom. Its not a sexual thing... just a sign of friendship.

For the record, I have held an Arab's man's hand as he gave me a tour of his village.

The "Men Holding Hands" thing is an Arab custom. Its not a sexual thing... just a sign of friendship.

For the record, I have held an Arab's man's hand as he gave me a tour of his village.

Right on! You have to tell me about this trip.... you know how much I love world travel and all ;D

Guest guyman1966

Right on! You have to tell me about this trip.... you know how much I love world travel and all ;D

I'll tell you as long as you hold somthing else of mine and give me a tour of your V V V Village. ;)

Guest endymion

I didn't think that it was a sexual thing but I had just never heard of that. Interesting. I just can't conjure a mental image of this at all...