Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I finally did it...

rbs

Guest r3nz0
Damn: your good. :P

Yes, I know. :P

And to answer your question--no, you've never banged me before. ;D 8)

Guest pod

I'll semi-agree with Saleen on this one. The Beach is getting a little too gentrified for me. I wanna get some real estate near Space, personally...there's unfurnished lofts off of Flagler and Miami Avenue for $100K.

But congrats nonetheless! ;D

Guest endymion
...there's unfurnished lofts off of Flagler and Miami Avenue for $100K.

Pod, please keep in mind the distinction between "hangin with the Junkies" and "hangin with junkies".

The Junkies are on South Beach. Actual junkies live downtown.

Guest pod

Basquiat lived amongst junkies, and he did well...oh wait, he ODed in 1987.

Shit, you got me there. But there's something that draws me to downtown for some reason. Maybe it is the odd clash of hyperurbanism and palm trees.

Though my ultimate goal is to move to one of the new towers in Brickell.

I work in Downtown right around the corner from space and trust me, you do not want to live here. At least not now. In a few years this is SUPPOSED to turn around and be chillin but as of now, I will not move here and don't recommend anyone to move in here.

Guest Clarisa

I work in Downtown right around the corner from space and trust me, you do not want to live here. At least not now. In a few years this is SUPPOSED to turn around and be chillin but as of now, I will not move here and don't recommend anyone to move in here.

I second that. Though, I saw a sketch of how Overtown will look in 10 years +/- I was shocked at how nice it will be. Right now 2 developers own parts of Overtown and the city is taking bids for another piece for future developing. The condo/apts will be pretty expensive and will be massive amounts of units built.

Guest LeVeL

I agree with Clarisa....I was seeing the news the other day and supposively in 2006 you will see a lot of movement around downtown. Wynwood is suppose to get a New Shopping Mall that is suppose to have world class shops like Saks 5th Avenue, JC Penny, Sears, Macy's ect. this project is suppose to be complete by 2006. So look out people the movement has already started.

Guest endymion

So where are the real live junkies supposed to go now? They sure didn't leave the design district when it got 'gentrified'.

"Sorry, this waterfront property that you have been sleeping on is too expensive for you to be homeless here now. You're going to have to pack up and move your cardboard box to Hialeah because we sold this palm tree that you're sleeping under to a German investor..."

Uh, sure...

Guest JMT

So where are the real live junkies supposed to go now? They sure didn't leave the design district when it got 'gentrified'.

i was just there helping a buddy return a rental truck. pretty rough after dark.

Guest Clarisa

"Sorry, this waterfront property that you have been sleeping on is too expensive for you to be homeless here now. You're going to have to pack up and move your cardboard box to Hialeah because we sold this palm tree that you're sleeping under to a German investor..."

Uh, sure...

Darn Tech you should represent those investors. Ha ha ha ha. Anyways, the developers don't care about the homeless. Not everyone that inhabits Overtown is homeless. Those who do have homes blend in w/homeless.

Though there are many programs that the city provide to families, like vouchers, that help those who can't afford these expensive places to move to other cities, like Hialeah or where ever, to live in (and destroy as previous). For example East Little Havana CDC, they help low income families become homeowners by giving them subsidized money to buy. Just alike, families that lived in Scott Projects had to move out due to the tear down and redevelopment of Liverty City. The city and other agencies helped those families move to other cities with vouchers. Oh one more Section 8 is offered to them.

Guest LeVeL

Dam tech I dont want those Bums coming to my city Hialeah. Iif anything move them to Miami Lakes or Weston they needs bums overthere. they are in a drought.

Dam tech I dont want those Bums coming to my city Hialeah. Iif anything move them to Miami Lakes or Weston they needs bums overthere. they are in a drought.

nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Guest Clarisa

Guest Clarisa

OMFG, LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest endymion

I think that what's most likely is that a bunch of investors are going to get screwed because developers are feeding them a bunch of fantasies about how nice that area is going to get after they 'fix' a few buildings.

The developers will get the contracts and make a pile of cash from private investors and from the city. The contracts will be overvalued because of Miami nepotism and the developers and the lobbyists that help them to win the contracts will get rich.

The final market values on the properties will be lower than expected because the buildings will be nice (probably completed behind schedule as is normal with Miami development projects that have anything to do with the city) but nobody will want to buy them because they are surrounded by junkies and crack whores. I don't mean figurative junkies and crack whores, real ones.

End result is the city and some well-connected developers make a big pile of cash. Investors and taxpayers lose a bunch of money. A bunch of homeless people get nice pretty clean new sidewalks. I expect no other substantial changes to the neighborhood.