Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I want a baby...........

Bling

Just came back from seeing my coworker at Baptist hospital and her newborn baby boy..... :). I want a baby LOL

so beautiful to see her son in her arms. to see her look into his eyes......... to see her maternal instincts come out as she breast fed him....

The dad was great as well. everytime he held his son he would calm down, as if he knew he was safe from all harm.

I cant believe how much has changed since my sister was born. When she was born I was not even allowed to go into the room. Though I was 6 at the time. Today at least 10+ people were in the room. very nice. the nurses were very nice as well giving the mom instructions on how to feed the baby and burp him.......

Kids def need to come with instructions it is not that simple.

Sometimes I look at where I am, in life at the age of 26 and far from having a child unfortunately. To have one's own son or daughter must be amazing yet shockin at the same time at first. I can only imagine how my coworker feels right now.

I have always said to myself by the age of 30 I want to be married and have kids. And though there have been things in the past that i have wanted to adhere to my own "timeline" it never came to pass and neither will this as well. but i can always dream.

Until then i can enjoy the happiness i saw in my coworkers' face ....

Mazel Tov to her and her family

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trancelator

That's very nice, Bling. However, every time my puppy shits, vomits or farts inside the house reminds me of how much I want to wait to have kids. :P

Guest durrtylexx

.I'm 28 now and I can't see kids in my life..Maybe in 10 years.. :) There are too many things that I would like to do prior to having kids.Plus the way society is now, man I don't want to bring a clean soul into this fcuked up world..

Guest shannon_coolj.

Yeah, I know how you feel Bling (well, sometimes).

I work at a non-profit for kids and I went to a day camp for a whole week...with 6 and 7 year olds running around. They were sooooo adorable. Made me want to take one home! (especially a little cutie named Salvador)

Other times, I couldn't imagine having kids. It's WAY too much responsibility! They look cute, Bling, but just try living with one for a few weeks -- no sleep, no going out, no nothing!

Guest pod

That is why you let your relatives get knocked up and have kids. You can spoil them rotten and then hand them back to Mom and Dad when they get cranky.

Guest JMT

one thing ive learned from seeing all my grandparents age, if you dont have at least a kid or 2 kids you might very well die a miserable death.

these days the body outlives the mind. you are going to need someone to take care of your senile ass and change you diapers at some point. and not to mention manage your finances. who the hell is going to do that for you? your friends?

then again, with the partying this crew does, who knows what the hell will happen to us when were older. might not matter.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm expecting a little girl around August 10th, my first. Her name will be 'Sofia Davina Jasinto'... Notice her middle and last initial so that I can call her "DJ"...I'm so excited.... She'll be spinning records by kindergarden!!!!! ;D

Guest pod

I have faith in science, I'm not too worried about aging in the long run...there's several solutions:

1. Cryonic suspension - What you think it is, being frozen until science can revive and cure you. Technologies such as cloning and nanoscale assembly will come into play. Cloning, since no doubt you'll want a brand new chassis when coming out of the tank, and nanoscale assembly to repair freezing damage to your brain.

2. Digital humanity - mapping and storing the entire contents of the human brain, and either laying the contents dormant, or keeping it entertained in a Matrix-like scenario.

3. Just plain living better. Active life expectancies are going up in the industrialized world...disregarding cryonics and digitization of the human brain, most of us can expect to be active well into our eighties, and live alright until the triple digits.

4. T-Cell treatments... A product of the Umbrella Corporation.

Guest JMT

ill hedge it and knock out a few just to be sure. ive seen normal healthy people get dementia at 50.

Guest pod

I've seen healthy people get dementia far earlier.

;D

Needless to say, there is no way in hell I'm breeding anytime soon. If I have this urge to be a father, I'm going to do the sensible thing and adopt. There's too many disadvantaged kids out there right now, and the problem only gets worse by people not choosing to adopt.

Guest endymion

Here Bling, try the cost of raising a child calculator on for size. It told me that I'm looking at almost $800,000. PER KID!!

I can think of all kinds of things I'd rather do with $800,000 than create another little techjunkie.

Guest durrtylexx

I'm expecting a little girl around August 10th, my first. Her name will be 'Sofia Davina Jasinto'... Notice her middle and last initial so that I can call her "DJ"...I'm so excited.... She'll be spinning records by kindergarden!!!!! ;D

Congrat's dude... :)

Guest bcnjunkie

try this bling: set you alarm clock to go off every 2 hours in the middle of the night, then, at 4:30 am go to the kitchen and try this:

1.) take out your blender and pour some milk and turn it on high

2.) take out your wallet and ony by one throw in all your $$$ bills, credit cards and atm cards

3.) when you have a thick substance, remove glass and throw it on yourself

4.) enjoy the father experience

;D

Guest pod

I'd be looking at $600,000 to raise a child.

Let's see...with six hundred grand...

I could get a 1D MK-II with a good assortment of lenses, fully pay off a furnished place in Brickell, fully pay off my debts, get my R1, and have a little left over to invest.

BCN nailed it to a T, as well.

Kids are great, as long as they don't belong to me. I'm not fit to be a father anyway. I tried to get sterilized, but the doctors looked at me funny.

Call me selfish or whathaveyou, but I'm just not keen on procreating. I like having free time, what little I still do have.

The burden of passing the last name along isn't on my shoulders though. I have three cousins with the last name, thank god.

LMAO thats awesome ...... congrats ;D

I have faith in science, I'm not too worried about aging in the long run...there's several solutions:

1. Cryonic suspension - What you think it is, being frozen until science can revive and cure you. Technologies such as cloning and nanoscale assembly will come into play. Cloning, since no doubt you'll want a brand new chassis when coming out of the tank, and nanoscale assembly to repair freezing damage to your brain.

2. Digital humanity - mapping and storing the entire contents of the human brain, and either laying the contents dormant, or keeping it entertained in a Matrix-like scenario.

3. Just plain living better. Active life expectancies are going up in the industrialized world...disregarding cryonics and digitization of the human brain, most of us can expect to be active well into our eighties, and live alright until the triple digits.

4. T-Cell treatments... A product of the Umbrella Corporation.

regarding number 4 (mmmmmmmmmmm brainssssssssssssss) LOL

I'd be looking at $600,000 to raise a child.

Let's see...with six hundred grand...

I could get a 1D MK-II with a good assortment of lenses, fully pay off a furnished place in Brickell, fully pay off my debts, get my R1, and have a little left over to invest.

BCN nailed it to a T, as well.

Kids are great, as long as they don't belong to me. I'm not fit to be a father anyway. I tried to get sterilized, but the doctors looked at me funny.

Call me selfish or whathaveyou, but I'm just not keen on procreating. I like having free time, what little I still do have.

The burden of passing the last name along isn't on my shoulders though. I have three cousins with the last name, thank god.

unfortunately i have that burden of carryin on the last name . i only have a sister ... no brothers

Guest pod

They've aired that clip sans the green screen on TV, and it kinda spooked me out until the zombie part...I was like, holy shit, it's like a facelift in a bottle!

But then I remembered "T-cells" from the first one.

Bling, let your relatives have the kids...plus, in most families, even the crazy old uncles get taken care of by the younger ones...so in other words, you can enjoy the benefits without having to have them yourself.

Guest web_norah

That is why you let your relatives get knocked up and have kids. You can spoil them rotten and then hand them back to Mom and Dad when they get cranky.

[/quote

thats my sentiment, as well

let my brothers and sister have the kids

i get to be auntie and still keep my single life 8)

Guest LeVeL

Thats so Good to hear Bling...

I for one cant wait till I have kids, I raised my 2 younger siblings and I have seen my older brother raise his daughter and it certainly is something special. I at one point was going to have a kid of my own but the results never happened the way I would of liked.

You know I hate the fact that people try to plan where in their life they should have a kid. I believe if it happens it happens just make sure the person your having the kid with is the right person you want for this journey.

The money and the cost is something else but thats a struggle that as adults you will have to conquer. I seen couples go bankrupt after having a kid and I have seen couples that have maintained the same lifestyle they had before they had a child.

It all comes down to maturity and how you live your life.

Guest JMT

kids arent for everyone, so its good that people openly realize that they dont want any.

personally, i would like a couple at least, not anytime soon however. i am also the only boy so i need to carry on the family name as well.

Guest JMT

kids arent for everyone, so its good that people openly realize that they dont want any.

personally, i would like a couple at least, not anytime soon however. i am also the only boy so i need to carry on the family name as well.

wanna practice? LOL!

practice makes perfect ;)