Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I want a baby...........

Bling

kids arent for everyone, so its good that people openly realize that they dont want any.

personally, i would like a couple at least, not anytime soon however. i am also the only boy so i need to carry on the family name as well.

wanna practice? LOL!

practice makes perfect ;)

i like to watch..... ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clarisa

As a parent, I can say that one is ever ready for a child at any stage in life. To me money is not a factor... it's the constant explaining I have to do for my kid. Even for things I have already explained.

Guest LeVeL

As a parent, I can say that one is ever ready for a child at any stage in life. To me money is not a factor... it's the constant explaining I have to do for my kid. Even for things I have already explained.

You go Clarisa, your a prime example of an all around parent.

Guest Clarisa

i need to meet clarissa to either knock some sense into me that i should not have kids anytime soon or continue to think the way i am.. that i want kids........

Hi, I'm Clarisa. You want me to knock you up? Ha ha j/k

Guest pod

Thing is, you can be ready to have a kid...financially at least.

Like it or not, having copious amounts of money goes a long way in raising a child.

Emotionally? Well, that is debatable...some rich folk shouldn't breed, and some poor folk shouldn't either.

I'm against breeding in general as it stands...with the population scheduled to hit seven billion before the decade is out, I'm a strong advocate of zero population and negative population growth. The carrying capacity of Earth is quite limited...maybe 20 billion.

The sad thing is, the countries that can most afford to have a population increase, are not. In most of the industrialized world, people easily take measures to prevent childbirth. When I get it on, it is always safe. Don't need no little dans wandering around.

However, in the bulk of the world, they don't have access to contraception, and if they do, it may be a social or religious more not to utilize it at all...hence you see these families in Africa with ten or so kids. Even a high infant mortality won't cancel that out.

worldpopgr.gif

Note the explosion of the past few hundred years. We're gonna hit over 8 billion by 2025, and I forsee hitting 20 by the early part of the 22nd century. Something has to give...unfortunately it would be in the form of a breakdown in the fabric of society when essential social services fail due to overpopulation.

Guest pod

Well, there's an easy solution, Bling. Don't have any children.

That goes for the rest of you too. Overcome your biological urges, and tell your family you're not gonna contribute to overpopulation just to carry on a bloody last name. If they're so eager to do so, tell them to adopt little Chang from Cambodia, change his name to John Smith, and there ya go.

I hate the phrase "Children are our future"

Not my future. My future ends up either being stored on hard drive or tossed in a fridge somewhere.

Here's an article based on that:

My Children Are My Future, So I Should Get Special Privileges From Society As A Whole

Sounds a lot more whiny and self-interested, doesn't it? But it has merit. The original phrase is vacuous enough that you can't hang much real meaning on it, but when you couple it with the actions and statements that are done and made in its name, the picture becomes clearer.

We Need To Build A New Middle School because children are our future. Great. In other words, force me to be taxed more to build a facility I will never directly use, because those of you who had the children who will attend there cannot possibly afford it on your own.

We Need To Clean Up Smut On The Internet because children are our future. In other words, because you didn't want to take the time and put up with the uneasiness of actually telling your children about the different forms of sexuality that exist in the world, and because you don't have a mind open enough to understand and accept the likes and preferences of other adults, you want to infringe upon my right as an adult citizen to view, present and write whatever I find appropriate.

We Need To Execute Drug Dealers because children are our future. That's priceless. Because you don't know any way to give your kids a personal reason to not get high, because you don't know about drugs and you don't want the schools to teach your kids the reality about drugs, and because you want to kill the messenger rather than face up to the message they bring, you want to shoot first and ask questions (about human rights, racism and civil liberties) later.

We Have To Pass An Ordinance About... [fill in blank] because children are our future. This is kind of the catch-all thing. Let's invade the privacy of daycare workers, bus drivers and teachers by forcing them to submit to drug tests, background invasions, and other violations of civil rights on the pretext that they might "corrupt" our "youth." Let's ban anything we don't find pleasant and inoffensive so that our children can grow up isolated from the reality of America in the late 20th century, leaving them unprepared at 20 or 21 when they're thrown out into it and can't cope except to ban everything their parents never told them about.

Over and over, this slogan-banner is used as an emotional lever to promote collective, societal action that will benefit only the minority who have children or who take some emotional interest in children, at the cost of all of us, and often at a substantial personal penalty to some other group.

Society itself has no particular interest in children. If no one had children, starting tomorrow, eventually humans on earth would disappear. The planet doesn't really care. Individuals within society with narrow, personal agendas, have every reason to be interested in children. Children as future voters, children as future criminals, children as future workers and taxpayers, children as consumers, children as converts to religion, children as police and military footsoldiers.

In short, "children as future force of numbers."

Sorta takes the emotional gut out of it, doesn't it?

You make your own future. Your children will make theirs. I will make mine. The planet doesn't care.

http://www.fred.net/turtle/kids/future.html

Guest swirlundergrounder

kids arent for everyone, so its good that people openly realize that they dont want any.

personally, i would like a couple at least, not anytime soon however. i am also the only boy so i need to carry on the family name as well.

wanna practice? LOL!

practice makes perfect ;)

No...Only 'Perfect practice makes perfect' my Sensi once told me....... ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm expecting a little girl around August 10th, my first. Her name will be 'Sofia Davina Jasinto'... Notice her middle and last initial so that I can call her "DJ"...I'm so excited.... She'll be spinning records by kindergarden!!!!! ;D

Thats so great!!! ;D

Thank You!!!!!! I'm hoping that she'll be a little 'Leo'

Guest Clarisa

Well, there's an easy solution, Bling. Don't have any children.

That goes for the rest of you too. Overcome your biological urges, and tell your family you're not gonna contribute to overpopulation just to carry on a bloody last name. If they're so eager to do so, tell them to adopt little Chang from Cambodia, change his name to John Smith, and there ya go.

I hate the phrase "Children are our future"

Not my future. My future ends up either being stored on hard drive or tossed in a fridge somewhere.

Here's an article based on that:

My Children Are My Future, So I Should Get Special Privileges From Society As A Whole

Sounds a lot more whiny and self-interested, doesn't it? But it has merit. The original phrase is vacuous enough that you can't hang much real meaning on it, but when you couple it with the actions and statements that are done and made in its name, the picture becomes clearer.

We Need To Build A New Middle School because children are our future. Great. In other words, force me to be taxed more to build a facility I will never directly use, because those of you who had the children who will attend there cannot possibly afford it on your own.

We Need To Clean Up Smut On The Internet because children are our future. In other words, because you didn't want to take the time and put up with the uneasiness of actually telling your children about the different forms of sexuality that exist in the world, and because you don't have a mind open enough to understand and accept the likes and preferences of other adults, you want to infringe upon my right as an adult citizen to view, present and write whatever I find appropriate.

We Need To Execute Drug Dealers because children are our future. That's priceless. Because you don't know any way to give your kids a personal reason to not get high, because you don't know about drugs and you don't want the schools to teach your kids the reality about drugs, and because you want to kill the messenger rather than face up to the message they bring, you want to shoot first and ask questions (about human rights, racism and civil liberties) later.

We Have To Pass An Ordinance About... [fill in blank] because children are our future. This is kind of the catch-all thing. Let's invade the privacy of daycare workers, bus drivers and teachers by forcing them to submit to drug tests, background invasions, and other violations of civil rights on the pretext that they might "corrupt" our "youth." Let's ban anything we don't find pleasant and inoffensive so that our children can grow up isolated from the reality of America in the late 20th century, leaving them unprepared at 20 or 21 when they're thrown out into it and can't cope except to ban everything their parents never told them about.

Over and over, this slogan-banner is used as an emotional lever to promote collective, societal action that will benefit only the minority who have children or who take some emotional interest in children, at the cost of all of us, and often at a substantial personal penalty to some other group.

Society itself has no particular interest in children. If no one had children, starting tomorrow, eventually humans on earth would disappear. The planet doesn't really care. Individuals within society with narrow, personal agendas, have every reason to be interested in children. Children as future voters, children as future criminals, children as future workers and taxpayers, children as consumers, children as converts to religion, children as police and military footsoldiers.

In short, "children as future force of numbers."

Sorta takes the emotional gut out of it, doesn't it?

You make your own future. Your children will make theirs. I will make mine. The planet doesn't care.

http://www.fred.net/turtle/kids/future.html

Humans are meant to reproduce no matter how populated the world gets. Eventually some sort of natural catastrophe will wipe out the human race if the planet doesn't care for humans to inhabit it. Just like it has in the past.

Guest swirliegirlie

I actually agree with the point that the world is overpopulated, but I'm still having a baby (very soon)!

The way I see it is my kid will learn from an early age to respect all living creatures, about sustainable development, about the crisis of extinction, etc....I care DEEPLY about all of these things and HOPE that I can bring someone into the next generation who might make a positive difference to help solve all the problems our overpopulated greedy asses cause.

plus its just crazy....i think when you reach a certain age its just natural to start longing offspring. i was (well still am!) the off the wall party girl, independent career woman, traveler, etc...(i.e.valued my freedom) but literally when i hit 30 this weird voice in side of me was like "i want a baby"!!! its magical.

Guest Clarisa

I actually agree with the point that the world is overpopulated, but I'm still having a baby (very soon)!

The way I see it is my kid will learn from an early age to respect all living creatures, about sustainable development, about the crisis of extinction, etc....I care DEEPLY about all of these things and HOPE that I can bring someone into the next generation who might make a positive difference to help solve all the problems our overpopulated greedy asses cause.

plus its just crazy....i think when you reach a certain age its just natural to start longing offspring. i was (well still am!) the off the wall party girl, independent career woman, traveler, etc...(i.e.valued my freedom) but literally when i hit 30 this weird voice in side of me was like "i want a baby"!!! its magical.

I totaly agree with you.

Guest pod

Humans are meant to reproduce no matter how populated the world gets. Eventually some sort of natural catastrophe will wipe out the human race if the planet doesn't care for humans to inhabit it. Just like it has in the past.

That's true, but humans also have the capability to override their biological urges.

Guest durrtylexx

I'd be looking at $600,000 to raise a child.

Let's see...with six hundred grand...

I could get a 1D MK-II with a good assortment of lenses, fully pay off a furnished place in Brickell, fully pay off my debts, get my R1, and have a little left over to invest.

BCN nailed it to a T, as well.

Kids are great, as long as they don't belong to me. I'm not fit to be a father anyway. I tried to get sterilized, but the doctors looked at me funny.

Call me selfish or whathaveyou, but I'm just not keen on procreating. I like having free time, what little I still do have.

The burden of passing the last name along isn't on my shoulders though. I have three cousins with the last name, thank god.

unfortunately i have that burden of carryin on the last name . i only have a sister ... no brothers

So am I, but fcuk having kids.I'm not going to have a kid, just so that my family name can go on.

Guest pod

By the time we're old enough to be thinking about the continuation of the family name, the technologies will exist to obviate the "need" for children. Having a kid will be a personal preference, not a demand society thrusts upon you to continue on an abstract concept like a family name.

Think about it, why would I need a child if I am going to live for thousands of years? Or indefinitely in the case of DHS (digital human storage) and downloading into a cloned body.

In the next hundred years, the definition of humanity is going to change significantly. What a human is may just be unrecognizable to people of this time.

Guest trancepriest

The question is when will this technology be available.. how much will it cost? I think the world will go through alot of revolutions because of the technology gap. I personally would rob a bank so that I could afford the technology. Haves and have nots... will break down to the dying and the forever living. Although I think that this tech will only be available after we're dead.

Guest LeVeL

By the time we're old enough to be thinking about the continuation of the family name, the technologies will exist to obviate the "need" for children. Having a kid will be a personal preference, not a demand society thrusts upon you to continue on an abstract concept like a family name.

Think about it, why would I need a child if I am going to live for thousands of years? Or indefinitely in the case of DHS (digital human storage) and downloading into a cloned body.

In the next hundred years, the definition of humanity is going to change significantly. What a human is may just be unrecognizable to people of this time.

You been watching the Matrix too many times.....by the time the technology you speak about is available to individuals like me and you, we will be dead our kids will have their kids by that time. And to tell you the truth a person in the right state of mind would never consider doing such a thing.

I'm expecting a little girl around August 10th, my first. Her name will be 'Sofia Davina Jasinto'... Notice her middle and last initial so that I can call her "DJ"...I'm so excited.... She'll be spinning records by kindergarden!!!!! ;D

Thats so great!!! ;D

Leos RAWK!!! ;)

Thats so great!!! ;D

Leos RAWK!!! ;)

Taurus' rooooooooooooooooooooooooock :P

(mess with the bull, you'll get the horns)