Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I want a baby...........

Bling

Guest bcnjunkie

Sorry, breeding seems so distant and boring (not the manufacturing part ;D)

then dont.

hmmm .... duh !!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

You been watching the Matrix too many times.....by the time the technology you speak about is available to individuals like me and you, we will be dead our kids will have their kids by that time. And to tell you the truth a person in the right state of mind would never consider doing such a thing.

DHS isn't that far off. Already, most of the brain has been accurately mapped. The next step is to figure out how to decode memories and emotions. Considering it took about a decade to map the human genome, I see it taking maybe twenty years to fully map the brain, then maybe another twenty to master the science of downloading and uploading to it...then another decade or so to make it commercial...I'd say by 2060 or so you'll hear about people choosing to be downloaded.

I guess I'm not right in the head then if I want to live indefinitely. I'd like to die on my own terms, not when biology dictates I should.

Levelistic's opinion is a good indicator of the societal hurdles to immortality. We're used to thinking about having a finite lifespan. "Life is short", and all that jazz. People don't usually dwell on death, but it factors in everywhere...certain actions are done because "I won't be around to deal with the effects.."...like the environment. I think people will be a lot more green if they know that they're on this planet indefinitely. The major world religions believe in an afterlife, and that God/Allah/Jehovah/Shiva/Jesus/Zeus/He Who Has No Name is the only immortal being. DHS, cloning, mind transfers, and so forth kind of challenge that. Why bother going to church and seeking salvation if you're gonna live forever anyway? Whomever's Pope in 2060 is gonna have his hands full. (His since I don't see the Catholics allowing female clergy anytime this millenium!)

Again, I may not be right in the head, but I think in sixty to a hundred years, that my view will be considered normal.

Back to the topic at hand though. If people stop dying, they better stop breeding. ;D

Guest durrtylexx

so..............bling, do you still want a baby?

hahahaha

In other words Bling buddy, have fun, be young and get laid.Find yourself a a cool gf and enjoy.Life is too short and your only young once, so live it up brother... ;)

Guest pod

See, that proves my point "life is short"..."you're only young once..."

A hundred years from now, those statements won't have any meaning. :o

Yeah I'm on a tangent. ;D

Guest trancepriest

Most of the brain hasn't been mapped at all. Neuro scientist are still having problems mapping the simplest brain structures. I think it will take way longer than 56 years to have that type of tech. I think it will take us along time just to isolate memory and thought. Now consciousness is another ball game alltogether. Then that consciousness wil have to be downloaded in a machine that is capable of storing consciousness. Alot can change in a hundred years of course... I mean just look at the previous hundred years. But i think its analogous to the computer industry... how much intelligence does a computer have? Computers are getting a whole lot faster.. but are they getting any smarter? Alot of basic technologies haven't even been implemented in the computer industry... for example speech recognition. When I was a youth... I thought we'd long have tech like that by now. The pace of technology is running at 33% of societies expectatitons. So if you think we'll have tech by 2060... I say by around 2150.

Another thing to look at is how the rest of the body affects the brain. If your brain map gets downloaded into another persons body or into a machine. I don't think your essentiall the same person anymore. A good example is what if your brain map gets placed into a female or a young childs body.. hmmmm. Thats kind of interesting actually... Saleen digitally reincarnated as a jamaican female ... dancehalll queen saleen... (think that will greatly help him out with his stress/anger problems).... lol.

Basically the problem is not just mapping the brain... its mapping your entire body to reproduce the same homeostasis for the brain.

It will probably take by 2060 for there to be a speech recognition good enough for you to speak to someone else in a foreign language. The pre-cursors to life extension technology could so disrupt the world that it could lead to annihiliation. In away we are facing those issues with terrorism now. So imagine that we were able to map the brain and upload/download it. but then a terrorist explodes a nuclear bomb on the city where the data is stored. People will rebel against this technology. Just for human beings to get used to the idea of living forever will take along time. As you mentioned... with this type of technology why would you need God?

Poor people will not turn a blind eye to this new form of inequality. Now that is essentially the problem... mere mortals will fight against the new gods. Some will chose that old time religion... versus the new digital progression.

Guest Cosmigonon

You been watching the Matrix too many times.....by the time the technology you speak about is available to individuals like me and you, we will be dead our kids will have their kids by that time. And to tell you the truth a person in the right state of mind would never consider doing such a thing.

DHS isn't that far off. Already, most of the brain has been accurately mapped. The next step is to figure out how to decode memories and emotions. Considering it took about a decade to map the human genome, I see it taking maybe twenty years to fully map the brain, then maybe another twenty to master the science of downloading and uploading to it...then another decade or so to make it commercial...I'd say by 2060 or so you'll hear about people choosing to be downloaded.

I guess I'm not right in the head then if I want to live indefinitely. I'd like to die on my own terms, not when biology dictates I should.

Levelistic's opinion is a good indicator of the societal hurdles to immortality. We're used to thinking about having a finite lifespan. "Life is short", and all that jazz. People don't usually dwell on death, but it factors in everywhere...certain actions are done because "I won't be around to deal with the effects.."...like the environment. I think people will be a lot more green if they know that they're on this planet indefinitely. The major world religions believe in an afterlife, and that God/Allah/Jehovah/Shiva/Jesus/Zeus/He Who Has No Name is the only immortal being. DHS, cloning, mind transfers, and so forth kind of challenge that. Why bother going to church and seeking salvation if you're gonna live forever anyway? Whomever's Pope in 2060 is gonna have his hands full. (His since I don't see the Catholics allowing female clergy anytime this millenium!)

Again, I may not be right in the head, but I think in sixty to a hundred years, that my view will be considered normal.

Back to the topic at hand though. If people stop dying, they better stop breeding. ;D

Pod, tu sabiduria me hace revolcarme en los fangos de la ignorancia... :o

Guest trancepriest

How close is this translation:

Pod, your sabiduria makes me revolcar to me in muds of the ignorance

Damn sherlock translation. Pod i can't even get a proper translation on the internet and your talking about brain downloading and uploading.

Guest pod

Like I said, it may not be the only option. Suspension technology is a bit further along than that. No brain-mapping there, just freeze and thaw (well, not quite, but I'll keep it simple...)...

Nevermind that life expectancy is growing too.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm expecting a little girl around August 10th, my first. Her name will be 'Sofia Davina Jasinto'... Notice her middle and last initial so that I can call her "DJ"...I'm so excited.... She'll be spinning records by kindergarden!!!!! ;D

Thats so great!!! ;D

Thank You!!!!!! I'm hoping that she'll be a little 'Leo'

Leos RAWK!!! ;)

Taurus' rooooooooooooooooooooooooock :P

(mess with the bull, you'll get the horns)

I have all the horns. My birthday is April 19th, so I'm on the Aries-Taurus cusp and my sign in Chinese Astrology is 'Ox' so.............'Ah me so horny. Me love you long time'